• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is My Introduction - SanKakU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello, Hive Workshop People!
I have downloaded many files from this site. I have also been working on a map for Several Months.
I play on USWEST WAR3 server, isn't that Lordaeron or something like that? I can't remember how to spell that word.
I'm SanKakU and that's the japanese word for triangle.
If you see that Japanese word in the loading screen that word is "sankaku".
So, hello to you all and please check out all my cool maps.
I think I'll start posting some of them as soon as I figure out how...

Level 13
so...no one wants to see my colors? hmm. hey super-sheep, i saw you commented on my melee map. have you had time to check out the other one?
anyway i'm adding terrain that doesn't change gameplay to the melee map now.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i think brown on brown is hard to read that's why i changed the color of my text.

Level 22
Hello, SanKakU! Welcome to The Hive Workshop.

As this is your first visit, feel free to have a look around the site's many forums for some topic or conversation that you find interesting. Don't be afraid to jump right into the community. :thumbs_up:

If you have questions, make sure you use the search feature. We get a myriad of questions posed to our boards every day on all kinds of Warcraft III issues, so your very question may have been answered in the past.

A good place to start would probably be the World Editor Help forum if you are looking for map assistance. If not, then there are plenty of people that you might enjoying helping, or perhaps you'd rather find some forum to discuss your favorite topic.

Welcome to The Hive! :grin:

Level 6
Hello and Welcome to the Hive Workshop!

Color is Fine i suppose, Some poeple just dont like it lol. (Super sheep >.>) lol.

Welcome to the Hiveworkshop, SanKakU! Enjoy your stay here.

Good luck on your map! Perhaps you can submit it at the Hive afterwards, too. Just press the
upload.gif
button in the top left on this page.

Feel free to start posting, immediately. We have a quite friendly community here and only wish to make your time all that much better. Keep in mind that even the Hiveworkshop has rules that you should try to remember. Take a look at the Hiveworkshop FAQ Page, for a detailed list of rules to follow. As long as you follow them you will surely not be pressured to review them.

To make navigation throughout the site easier use the Nav Bar at the top of the page. You can see the Hiveworkshop’s many pages and sections, there.

If you are in the midst of making a map, and you need assistance, check out the World Editor Help Zone. Go ahead and ask our experienced mappers for help.

If you need some resources, for your map, check out our Skins Section or Models Section. If you cannot find what you need there feel free to ask our artists in the Requests Section. Still can’t get what you’re looking for? Take a look at some of tutorials in the Tutorials Section, and learn to make them yourself!

Once again, welcome to the Hiveworkshop! :smile:

Level 7
Hello SanKakU, on your first day, its always fun to click on the egg in my signature, to help my dragon. No, you dont have to, but to start things up, the models and maps are very good stuff. Unless its billions of different LOAPs, that people change/add gods to with their names because they have too much pity for themselves.

Level 13
oh hey guys, how's it going? thanks for replying to my introduction, by the way...i have posted my map, it's into version 0.936 now...still have along ways to go before it's up to 1.0 i guess...mainly i have to learn alot of jass now it seems to get the map's bugs worked out...if the runners get captured and rescued often then the map will likely crash...so i need to fix that.

thankyou for the cinematic link, i might've checked that out earlier, i did make 3 very small and weak cinematics for my map, they basically are just game ending cinematics, for 3 different outcomes. yeah they only last a few seconds, they basically consist of an infernal or illidan(depending on which team won) declaring the outcome of the game.

oh, and let me link you to my map. i'm currently working on 0.937 and plan on making some runner changes along with some bug fixes hopefully with the new jass i'm learning. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=94231

Greetings.Some online tutorials may be found here. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:

* http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/usercp.php
* The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - FAQ
* The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - Powered by vBulletin
* http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar
* http://chat.hiveworkshop.com/?channel=1
* The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - Powered by vBulletin
* http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f97/hive-gamesites200-30968/

Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

* A few other tips that might help too:
o Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
o When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
o Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
o If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 13
hi, FrIkY. you had a really nice skin somewhere but i couldn't use it in my map because all my heroes are melee heroes and it was a ranged hero. but it was a really cool hero anyway...but there was one problem! it was a white farseer (i mean the wolf he was riding on was white) which was cool...but the resource it was supposed to match was a button for the farseer that while it looked kinda cool i guess...the major problem was the colors didn't match. the farseer had green skin but in the button he had grey skin. since this is a non pm message to FrIkY i think he doesn't need me to link to it since he should know where he posted his skin.

that being said, i just want to take this moment to let you guys know who has earned a spot on my demon hunt map for models and skins.

now i would LOVE to add way more demon hunters and models and skins to go with them...but the map size would get too huge... and because of that some models and skins that are too big but are beautiful just can't go in.

at some point i was like, screw it! just throw in some cool melee heroes and change their story and call it a day! before i did that, i had some cool models which were...

campaign creation's model Demon Sworder. this is a demon hunter model that uses the illidan skin, it is the same except for the weapons look like thief daggers rather than the usual thief swords. it's a pretty big model and was useful until i had to make the big cuts.

general frank's red dragon fire phalanx. this is a sweet red dragon hero that has a fiery blade in each hand (like a demon hunter) and has the same animations as a demon hunter. i used him for the story of a red dragon which doesn't disguise himself normally as a demon hunter. that is he shows off his red dragon true identity. GREAT storyline piece but it's a little too dramatic because it means all my demon hunters have to be awesome models like demon hunters but there is not enough map space for huge numbers of demon hunters so i had to cut this one.

ancient warrior (Darkholme/Sylrae/General Frank) this model i'm not sure who all made it, but it looks like a total of 3 people? it's a good model. when the big cut came i took it out. but now with this newest version he's coming back. i just can't find any other model that would get the job done, and i'm rather unhappy with all the poor quality tauren chieftain skins. if i could find a great low size skin of that i might use it...but instead i'm using this guy, which is a really great model. he's a fighter, a forest guy basically, way cooler than ancient of lore or war or whatever if you want a hero. he's big and mean and doesn't really have demon hunter animation, but i don't really care. he's fun.

what else? there was a funky looking red armored green bladed guy with one weapon only and he had demon hunter movement and attack animations. he was kinda cool but that model was a bit too big and had to be cut with the rest of them and quite honestly, the newest models that i've found look better and not so silly. he would go great in a sci fi game...but my game is more medieval, so no thanks mr. sci fi DH. he was probably made by a modeler who has a model that did make it into the newest version...it might've been Mc !

there is the white warden. i think the guy made a number of white heroes, some of them looked alright i guess, but this one is perfect, especially for my map. storyline wise it's great and it's a skin and it's not big so this one is really just perfect for my map. black stan was the one who made it.

oh yeah let's talk about anemicroyalty..or however his name was spelled. he actually was like i think the first alternate skin i was using for DH...i was using him for the illidan skin and so he was two chasers, the windwalking one and the invisible always one which used daggers instead of swords.

oh yeah Demon Hunter Esjela is a great skin too, one of the best, it's only problem is that it's way too big of a skin...otherwise it would definitely go into my map...good for illidan or demon hunter skin but i used him for demon hunter skin. at any rate he was eventually replaced by...

afronight76's demon hunter skin (skull emblemed blades)...well i think he made the esjela one too, anyway this one is the best DH skin i've seen, followed closely by the esjela one and the others which have made it into the newest version. it was the demon hunter skin for quite a while, until finally i was like, you know what? he looks better as an illidan skin. and it's so true! he does! anyway...the Campaign creation's sworder DH was already gone, so i moved the Lich King's champion anemicroyalty's creation...the pinkish skinned DH down from illidan skin to DH skin. and now with newest version i took him out completely. lol...sorry man, i'd totally keep you if you wouldn't make my map so big! hahaha. well it's not so much that he's not good but i found better skins which are as good as or better than the esjela skin, and much smaller in size. of course i could add DH or illidan models and put these skins on them so that i could put all the skins i want to in the map, but that can't work because it will make the map way way way too big. so if i have a better and smaller skin, it must be used instead.

the skin that has replaced him is actually a skin that replaced my akama. see when i made the big model/skin cut i swapped out the demon sworder pinkish(well more purplish-pinkish after i edited him a little...) for akama since akama is supposed to have perm invis anyway. so as i was going through the DH skins i honestly...could not find any other skins that was as good as the afronight's skull bladed DH skin and same size or smaller. the only really good skin i could find was esjela which although it was better than the pinkish skinned DH (with white hair btw), it was also much bigger in size. so finally i saw this skin, which would work out great for a perm invisible guy, the ninja skin made by Hueter.

Mc ! has really done very very good with the demon hunter model that has made it to the newest version of my map. he has some really great models and i really have cut a lot of models out, and a lot of them are his. anyway, this model is so great because it's really small, and has great detail, just like his skin. but on top of that it's a model and not a skin so it can stand alone. it's just so amazing. it's a really really great model and i would recommend it again and again. it's so not finding a way to get cut. it's staying. it's basically a blood elf demon hunter. he's like shirtless and has blonde hair. his emblem is just the other side of a shield basically which then obviously forks off into his weapon, which is really cool because it shows his hands on the weapon(on the inner part of the shield), so detailed! btw the outward side of the shield and his pants are team colored.

what's next? Mc ! also made a bunch of good models for demons, and i couldn't use most of them, but i used 2 of them, runners m and s in the newest version. one is a winged she-demon which looks really awesome leaving a red blur as she moves around.
the other one i'm not as enthusiastic about because it's a little bit on the big side, but it's still pretty cool, it's just a fel orc driving some kinda car. whatever. it's cool enough and it's hard finding good demon models and skins that are a reasonable size for the map.

there were actually a couple of really really good grim reaper models, and the one i decided on for a while was the one by cuetip, or whatever his name was..anyway i don't put that one in my newest version, so sorry, mate, SWEET model though man, it's just too damn big! that was for runner q but so i replaced it with a funky weird model which is much smaller and looks sinister enough for the job made by...

DonDustin made this weird model called puppetmaster which is the above model i just talked about...it's like a floating ghost thing or whatever with some strings controlling some kinda ghoul-like creature...

and since we're talking about weird demon models let's talk about callahan's model! this void lord model of his looks great for a demon for my map and has been around for a while...i've used him for quite a few different kinds of runners but so far he's been in the runner Z slot for quite a while. i think he likes it there. he has an ultra special secret move combo to make him gain absolutely insane ammounts of resources.

for a while i was using transmute missile as a demon model...and i probably still would if it weren't for the fact that i guess a normal model is probably better...and i'm only going to have so many demons anyway...otherwise i'd totally throw him in there as an extra demon. i might decide to keep some of these goofy hunters or demons in the game as secret choices that can only be unlocked if you have the code for them, which will probably change with each new version of the map...heh heh. they're probably just gonna be the same as the regular guys but with a different model, i suppose, for fairness' sake. anyway i replaced that with a simple evil furred scorpion thingy like what's in dota. i sorta got the idea from that crazy frog dude who i guess is stealing my map concept.

along those lines...for whatever reason i didn't wanna use the void walker...probably an issue with team coloring or something like that, i don't remember...but anyway that guy was also gonna use that guy which btw also is in dota but anyway i gonna use him now too. he replaces a satyr model which was colored yellow and was a gold mine builder demon.

there are a couple of other missile models which are demons, one is like a spinning spike which is pretty cool, oh yeah another is a rampaging thunder lizard, makes dust cloud wherever he runs...that makes it so you can kinda still see him even when he's invisible, heh heh. i've also got those ghostly archmage and keeper of the grove models for demons. and i've got like what i call a possessed cargo box thingy or whatever for a demon which is just the model wagon.

i found Dionesiist made a cool death knight skin. best i could find. so i'm using that also for a chaser. he doesn't look like a scourge unit btw.

Egg made a skin of a dude with a staff, he's dark and scary looking...basically a skin of medivh. he actually fits into the story of my map perfectly so i'm excited to put him into the newest version of my map. he does entangling roots and scout crow, which makes him perfect. i did have it done by a satyrish looking guy which was fine for the story, but the skills i was giving him were kinda retarded to be honest. this guy fits the story ten times better at least and fits the skills perfectly. plus he's a lot smaller for the map size too. this was from some kind of map pack from one of the major map making forums that was all undead heroes. some of those look really cool but i can't really use most of them, like half are ranged right and so yeah...most of them their skin although it's cool wouldn't match the model with my story very good.

mr.goblin made an attempt at a tauren chieftain skin, which i was using for a while, until i decided it just wasn't good enough, lol. he's also made some other skins which would never fit in with my map i guess but he also made this sweetass green wolf skin which i'm using for one of the now a ninja's moves, it's his ultimate and it used to be the draenei akama's move.

Dan van Ohllus made the crow scout spell art without which my map could not exist. just kidding but honestly i love that he made this stuff. it's for the tirisfal chaser so it's perfect. anyway i've had this model around since the beginning.

and that's pretty much it i guess...

there were a lot of cool demon models out there that just couldn't be used for map size unfortunately and there might be a few demon hunter models or skins i'm forgetting to mention but all of that was long ago and is lost to my memory. if you wanna find out more about it go visit epicwar.com and check out the older versions of my map to see the models and skins.

i know this was a really long post but the main thing that attracted me to hiveworkshop in the beginning was the models and so i wanted to let you guys know what was going on kinda.

so anyway in the newest version 0.95 i am bringing in new models and skins but only if they're small, and i've cut some of the big models and skins that survived the earlier big cut. my map had went down to just under 2 megs and now newest version should be just a little over 2 megs.

in further news...

i've been talking on msn msgr with a dude who directed me to a tutorial which helped me learn a bit about vjass, and now i'm learning a lot about that. so in 0.95 my triggers should look much much better than the older versions of my map. though...i'll still welcome all to look at my triggers and give me advice...i would love it so much. i still have so much to learn!

edit: oh btw one of my chasers used to be like a night elf gal with little clothing and had a really really cool blade like a blademaster but much cooler...i would recommend that model also if your map can make it work. with my map it's too big to fit, i want it smaller. anyway the simple warden skin is good enough with 10 chasers don't need 2 gals i guess. 1 is enough.

if you want further info on any of the above models or skins you can of course look at my older maps or pm me and i'll point you in the right direction.

also, if you have suggestions for models or skins to use in my map, let me know.

Last edited:
Level 17
Jesus, you made all of that sentences?

in further news...

i've been talking on msn msgr with a dude who directed me to a tutorial which helped me learn a bit about vjass, and now i'm learning a lot about that. so in 0.95 my triggers should look much much better than the older versions of my map. though...i'll still welcome all to look at my triggers and give me advice...i would love it so much. i still have so much to learn!

kewl.

Status
Not open for further replies.