• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This guy got through to Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I just want to post for the last time the issues of bnet 2.0 summarized in my view here and with that I stop, as I really got tired of typing about it. I’m sure this post has reached Xordiah the least, as he is very active in beta forums. I am posting this to know my points if in the future I have to get back to them. Other than that, Im done with discussion this further. And this view met support in other forums

ALL I HAVE POSTED IN ONE PLACE

I will be posting for the last time what I have to say. If Blizzard don't meet these demands, then they are not working to satisfy community's demands if the community still matters to them.

LOG ON BY EMAIL ONCE, THEN ONLY BY ACCOUNT NAME

Currently, you have to log on every time with your email. Why? Isn't verifying once enough to check that you have a license? Then you could log on by Account and account password. That is better way.

LAN - VERIFY EMAIL WITH SC2 ONCE, THEN ACTIVATED

You will need to register in advance that you have a registered game in your account in order to active the LAN feature forever. Also makes that you can only use LAN if you have verified your game in the account.

CHANGE REALMS - WHERE WE PLAY MORE/LESS DELAY - LET US CHOOSE

Not allowing cross realm is pointless. In War3 you have a little more Delay and Azeroth, Less in Northrend. But it is up to you to decide if you will play US or Europe. Why are we prevented from such choice?

CHAT CHANNELS - A WAY TO COMMUNICATE, MAKE ONLINE FRIENDS, ARRANGED TEAM

It's about the feeling, the idea that you can be in chat channel and do all sort of commands /w /j .etc to chat with person or persons, to say Hi, not to be like a deserted place, to feel that there are many people.. to invite people to arranged team while not your friends? To double click their profile, to add them as friends sometimes, to share something about the game even if not your friends... communication, to see all other fellows from my country, to see who is in beta, to see who they are if new.. many and many reasons

That includes the ability to double click a player profile in the channel and adding friends by Account, not email.

CHAT COMMANDS - WHISPER, STATS PLAYER, PROFILE

To know what kind of player you are playing in advance. You may stats or see his wins/losses in-game to know how you should play. Again, up to you if you will ever see his stats. But you may decide to play serious/fun if you know who you're facing.

Yes also /profile to view player profiles even if offline, the way it was in War3.

LEAGUES - SINGLE LADDER FOR HIGH SKILLED, DIVISIONS FOR AMATEUR LEAGUE

Let's satisfy both sides - Create Amateur League that can have divisions and each division consisting of as many people as you like. Low skilled will enjoy being ranked high within their division. The League for Skilled players to be a single player - to have to play lots of games to ever be ranked. Whoever is competitive doesn't care that he's not ranked. Let us be Unranked if we haven't played enough, no one will complain. Whoever is really competitive will play to get ranked even in a single ladder, whoever is not - can stay at Amateur League.

PRO LEAGUE FOR PRO PLAYERS

Apart from single league for skilled, Pro players should be even above that so that they play the way they did in War3 Pro Ladder.

TEAMS/CLANS

I know there are sponsors and other ways like websites notifying if a person is in a team but for the sake of all - good and bad, everyone needs to be able to have that team in Battle Net 2.0

CUSTOM GAME NAMES, PRIVATE GAMES

Give them the opportunity to choose names they like, you already have filters for bad words.

WATCHING REPLAYS TOGETHER

This is a great idea that should be there.

ABILITY TO HAVE MORE THAN 1 ACCOUNT NAME, NO IDENTIFIER

If they are all attached to 1 account ok, why not be able to use more than 1 account?
Isn't it enough that you can create a name with -,. )_ 0 - O, 4- A, 1 - I, 7 - T .Why do you need identifier if someone takes a common name? And what happens if these 2 players meet?

Say Space vs Space - who's the real one? Identifier is hidden, so? You will say - the one that has a Team/Clan Tag that you know. - Ahh so when you are in team, that's your tag, why need identifier? When not, use symbols? You can now type characters like дфлдфкдлпкл etc. Naming was NEVER a problem.

Thank you for reading.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I suggest you watch some high level play. Starcraft involves constant harassment and pressure. The low leagues are of course different.
I still maintain my view that the number of strategies applicable is lower.

[...]
Dont be hard on Rui, I mean someone who hasn't played melee is likely to have problems with races not to say we are here mapmakers, not players, some of 'us' :) . I could suggest stickying to 1 race and watching top replays :)
[...]
I don't understand. I said I had played quite a few melee maps, and I have. And I'm referring to Starcraft II here, because in Warcraft III I have played many, MANY more.

Like Poot said, you see a lot of those strategies in the lower ladders because they're relatively easy to pull off against other lower-league people. If one of them tried to go against someone with more skill, they'd be wiped out.
Then I'll be sure to check the higher ladders' games, because the ones I play are quite monotonous and repetitive.

Level 11
How does being greedy cause Bnet 2.0 to be shit? I don't think corporate greed has anything to do with it, so please, stop hating on Blizzard saying they are greedy or some stupid shit like that.

Also, TheTerran, your argument is outdated. Internal commands are being added at release, do your research. Logging in with e-mail: you don't even need to put your email in if you enable Remember Me, just use your password. That idea for LAN wouldn't fix the problem it was removed to solve, it would still allow people to play with friends who haven't bought SC2.

I can't really say anything in melee in WC3 vs SC2, I always sucked at WC3 melee and never really played it, didn't even finish the campaign (lol).

Level 22
Also, TheTerran, your argument is outdated. Internal commands are being added at release, do your research. Logging in with e-mail: you don't even need to put your email in if you enable Remember Me, just use your password. That idea for LAN wouldn't fix the problem it was removed to solve, it would still allow people to play with friends who haven't bought SC2.

I don't say they haven't mentioned the possibility of clans and commands but considering the last events they were likely to change their minds, so this needed a reminder. That was only about Clans... the LAN, channels and others have no future according to what they say now.

It's not about having to type email gosh... It's about a game like SC1 and War3, if it will use 1 acc, why use email to log on? This is a game, not facebook ? And sometimes it happens that email may restart e.g after ladder reset.. We are talking about what's more practical..

It will allow them toi play LAN with friends w/o SC2 if they hack it.. what makes you think they can't find a way to hack the game even in current state? You said yourself that you haven't played much melee.. Most of the cases people quarrel without knowing the importance of these features..

These ideas met support in TL, IncGamers even in Beta forums where trolls would generally find something to quarrel at and yet, no such thing.

Level 11
I don't really see how a lack of development time has affected it - most of the things people are annoyed about is very intentional, ie chat channels, lack of LAN, the map distribution system. I don't really think it has anything to do with it being rushed out, but in the case that it is I would actually prefer that, getting to play the actual game earlier and then having them fix these issues over time through patches.
I don't say they haven't mentioned the possibility of clans and commands but considering the last events they were likely to change their minds, so this needed a reminder. That was only about Clans... the LAN, channels and others have no future according to what they say now.
I'll try to find a direct quote, but I'm positive they said they were going to make clans and add in internal chat commands, and I'm pretty sure they are still adding in group chat by the time release rolls around.
It will allow them toi play LAN with friends w/o SC2 if they hack it.. what makes you think they can't find a way to hack the game even in current state? You said yourself that you haven't played much melee.. Most of the cases people quarrel without knowing the importance of these features..
I actually do play a decent amount of melee, just not much since I've been busy with the map editor. Also, it would be rather easy to install SC2 on two computers, invite a friend over and play together via LAN. Based on how Blizzard seems to want to control map distribution and prevent people from doing this, I doubt they will even consider adding the feature. I personally don't have any problem with it, but meh.
It's not about having to type email gosh... It's about a game like SC1 and War3, if it will use 1 acc, why use email to log on? This is a game, not facebook ? And sometimes it happens that email may restart e.g after ladder reset.. We are talking about what's more practical..
Whats the point? I mean, you use your email to log on, once. Big deal. Doesn't seem too practical for Blizzard to change their login system either, as it is the same system they use in WoW and no one complains there. Also, if you were logging in with your email the first time, what's the difference anyways? :\

I personally agree with most of your other points, although as for chat channels I am just waiting to see how they make the chat groups.

On a side note, you should add in getting them to fix the fucking retarded filter. I have a friend named "Deeepthroat", yet when someone makes a fucking Godzilla map they have to rename it, because apparently having "God" in the name of your map is horribly offensive.

Level 22
I was going to post some Editor issues as well but I forgot. Then im glad I didn't. Let others say what they have to say, cause i'm done 'complaining'. What is noticed is noticed in beta forum, I don't think BlizzPosters look here. The editor issues I see are:

- the mess of the data editor
- not being able to change a unit's life on the map and have to use triggers wtf? and similar use of triggers cause you cant do it without triggers - it just has some steps back from war3 3ditor
- not adding basing triggers, basic features like being able to setup Upgrades for a Player, like techtree menu
- not adding a Palette tool to select units/terrain etc from Palette that worked better than these Layers. They just have stepped back from what war3 had for so many things..

The problem with having game names was already issued so Blizzard aware of it. Will they improve it is as unknwon as for the other things.

Level 40
All those Warcraft things just converted into script commands at compile time. I don't really see what was so much better about having their own little dialogs--in fact, those dialogs were often very difficult to navigate (since if you have 100 units and want to change the availability of one, it can take a decent amount of time to find it, whereas in code you could just use its rawcode which you presumably already know).

Level 1
Hi, guys! In the future, please make note that if you wish to comment on any of my articles in a meaningful matter it's best to actually reply to them so that I can hear your thoughts, either negative or positive. I will address any points you bring up in a polite and professional manner so long as you refrain from immaturity and making presumptions, like this guy;

The person who you linked is living in the clouds. His arguments can be thrown down a toliet as they are just pointless whining.

It sounds like to me that you have never actually invested in serious modwork before, friend. Your comments speak to me of someone who does not understand the implications of user interfaces on all users.

Also he is compairing SC2's water with other games with out realising how SC2's supports a lot more. Did the other games support reflections, distortions, HDR and directions?

If you had actually read the topic you'd know I was talking about the placement tool and not the attribute editor of water. My advice is to read topics before making uninformed comments on them; clearly if you had felt strongly enough about your opinion you would have challenged the article directly and not sat back here where you think I can't see you.

He also failed to realise that SC2 mods are data packs and not the traditional mods. They will probably be the large source of moddels for custom maps as they do not (or should not) add to map size.

I don't know how you drew this conclusion or how you feel it's relevant to articles about user interfaces but okay dawg sure thing. Realize that Blizzard's "mods" have a 10mb limit currently, just like maps, and there will be no level of true custom content on battle.net until this significantly goes up. Please do some research on the subject.

Thus ofcourse blizzard does not listen to him. He appears just like all the people spamming that protoss are too weak or mauerders need nerfing.

Sounds like you should sharpen your English skills a bit and maybe do some reading before posting this kind of nonsense. But I do agree - Blizzard won't listen. That is, unless, I get in contact with the dev team like I've been doing.

I am sure if he ran a proper full HCI evaluation using proper recognized sampling techniques to random target people he would be more beliveable, but currently he just is complaining, and I am sure he does that for every game.

I fail to see the relevance of this comment to topics about user interfaces or battle.net's limits.

He also clearly has not made his own games, as those are a lot more technicall handeling all the leaks and making sure it does not crash.

I fail to see the relevance of this comment to topics about user interfaces or battle.net's limits.

I do agree than SC2 aint perfect.

No game is perfect. But every game should strive to be the best it can be.

I am a computer scientist, not some 12 year old. I do not want to see friendly interfaces that make understanding stuff earier for people who should not be modding.

You post like a 12 year old and your posting ettique is that of a 12 year old. Start acting like someone who has a sense of maturity about him and you'll receive more than humiliation for posts like this one. Your post is hyperbole and garbage and has no relevance to anything I posted. You already know this, though, because you're too scared to talk to me directly about your opinions.

If you truly have any kind of experience in computer science you'd know that user interfaces are key to the experience of developers. A bad user interface entails a lengthier production life and a more irritating production life. An interface does not need to be dumbed down to be made intuitive, only organized correctly. I urge you to read topics before making misguided posts in the future.

TheTerran said:
Those who make such long posts really need to get a life. Post it in few paragraphs not in endless Everest-High mountain of text.

All I can say to this is lol. I think it's time to reconsider what you're doing with your life, good sir.

PurplePoot said:
I find it hilarious that he goes on about how Browder likes big numbers (Immortals are a bit ridiculous but otherwise the stats are fine) and then shows screenshots/videos of his 1000 crappy maps where he took a unit, gave it 999999 health, made it 10.0 scale, and then said LOL IT'S A BOSS.

Celebrated modder? How about no.

This is another grand example of reading comprehention at its finest. I also love how this guy takes something totally out of context and somehow tries to twist it into another context while having absolutely no clue about either context in the first place.

Look at where you're coming from community-wise and smile, girlfriend.

Modding games is not like changing from 1 car to another car of the same model. You will have a learning curve and the tools will all be different. Blizzards current editor might not be the best, but it probably will end up better maintained than WC3's cause it seems it is build more flexibly.

Read. The. Topic. Before. Replying. It'll make you not look like a total fool.

mrzwach said:
Also, the reason people dislike him is probably due to the fact that the entire post is lined with arrogance.

This is an honest point and I have to agree. But if you think this thread is filled with anything else, you'd be sadly mistaken. Modding is an extremely competitive environment and I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider this a personal subject.

PurplePoot said:
Yeah, a map full of final boss units. Uh-huh.

ROFL... Are you kidding me? You didn't read ANYTHING I POSTED? What the hell part of that thread makes you think that was a map? Or do you not even know what a mod is?

syltman said:
What I think he should've commented more on is the fact that there's no custom coding. Biggest bullshit ever. I wonder what reason they could have because the only one I can think off is that they want to make it more newbie friendly (I mean you can still import scripts in a certain way). But I mean why should we who likes custom coding suffer from that? All they had to do is add a small fucking button that converted the gui shit to custom code. And the best maps in wc3 was made by those who were more or less developers or script monkeys who both used vJass

A user friendly tool is one where you can quickly edit something to your liking but alternatively go more in-depth like say the WE IMHO.

Also he mentioned Datedit but not vJass.

Hi! Finally a post that is not terrible!

I don't use vjass. I don't program in jass. I have experience with GUI triggers but the wc3 engine limitations turned me off from major projects before I had the opportunity to get into major jass work.

The thing is, I'm not going to address jass or custom code unless I know what I'm talking about. There's a lot of other guys out there who can do that for me. What I can do, though, is address the data editor that everyone will be using.

I do not agree that a editor needs to be simple or easy to be intuitive and user-friendly. None of the games I've modded would be considered easy and I doubt 90% of the posters here would even attempt them.

Keep in mind that in a mod environment you are often very limited in what you can do with triggering because you do not have pre-placed regions to rely on and memory leaks become much greater of an issue. I cannot say how this will play out in sc2, but in wc3 the two worlds have a very difficult time co-existing especially for someone who is, as you say, not an advanced jass user.

PurplePoot said:
Also, no, I'm not claiming that I have the skills to make a widely successful game. I'm just claiming that he doesn't indicate that he does. As the saying goes, you don't need to be a chef to know that the food tastes like shit.

Now we've gone from modding to making a wildly successful game. I'm sure you have some excellent logic on how you can compare making a game from scratch is comparable to using the attribute editor in an existing platform.

I don't have the skills to make a widely successful game. I'm not a programmer. But I can, and have, made successful mods. Not wc3 mods, but Starcraft ones. They are different, yes. Very different. I'd be lying if I said I made a successful wc3 project, but here's the catch bro.

I have NEVER desired a successful wc3 project outside the days I was young and brash. Back then I had people like Alfred - a name you must recognize - offer to help me and jump ship when I gave them their first job. Your community is no better than what you are trying to brand me as. You meet me with hostility only because you do not understand, and myself in kind.

We have the potential to work this out in a mature manner but it won't happen, will it? You're too full of rage and anger for any voice of reason. I have thus no obligation to explain myself to you if you are but too narrow-sighted and lazy to read and learn.

The problem with his unit argument is that many units in SC2 have plenty of strategic potential

Please read the topic, and preferably garner some form of knowledge on high-level RTS gaming, before trying to dismantle arguments that are clearly well beyond your level of gamesense.

mrzwach said:
However, everything in the data editor is basically just XML files; you can modify it via triggers so I don't think it would be extremely diffciult for someone to create a 3rd party tool that is more user friendly. Also, pretty sure that people are already in the process of making tools to increase scripting support, ie Andromeda/phynGal. I haven't bothered to look into either yet so I'm unsure on the specifics, but it can't be that hard to let you script within the editor.

Voice of reason again. :)

Actually, because the files are in XML there's always the possibility to make an external data editor for modding purposes in the first place (Not quite as useful for mappers, but modders don't need terrain editing or the like in the first place). One cannot deny the possibility that my arguments about the editor will be rendered irrelevant by a third-party tool.

That said, notice how tabs made it into one of the latest patches? :) I don't know if I can personally claim responsibility to that because I don't get word back, but I have made my words known to the editor dev team. How can I provide evidence to support this claim? I can't. And I wouldn't.

Dr Super Good said:
What you lot fail to realise is they are working on a pretty tight schedual now.

Oh, no, this I perfectly understand dude. The guy I know in Blizzard always tells me how they are working them to death to reach this deadline.

But this is also a beta. The purpose of a beta is to give feedback. I am giving feedback from the perspective of an experienced developer. I said I did not taste the waters of success on my mods because they were not 100% complete. But in every mod I learned something new, in every mod I progressed in my understanding of games and modding as a whole. If any of you have completed projects even remotely close to the scale of those I presented, please let me know. Because individual maps do not demand anywhere near the kind of varied talents you need for a total conversion.

PurplePoot said:
Also, in my experience everyone who complains about engine limitations when they are trying to do something isn't trying hard enough

Unfortunately, your experience must be very poor to make such a statement. I guess you can try to reverse engineer everything like some guys are doing for Diablo 2, but keep in mind they've been at it for years and years nonstop and still aren't finished.

I don't just make high quality resources, I make total conversions. I posted shiny to grab attention. Clearly it worked. Clearly you misunderstood the entire post in the process, though. For that I apologize. Next time I'll write a thesis to go along with it.

Having talked with Zalamander, a brilliant fellow and part of an exciting wc3 mod, limits are a very real thing even for experienced programmers in warcraft 3. I do not expect you to understand that.

Your argument is laughable purly due to everything being opinions. Again you use the "I do not like it so it sucks" approch which makes no sense.

Do you see the irony in this statement? It's painful to behold, like a serrated cheese grater to the face. Your entire post is hilarious to the point that I'm positive you're just a bad troll.

Doctor-Pepper said:
Lol, getting through to blizzard? Do you think blizzard even red that post?

No, not that post. They have read one of my other, less arrogant, more refined posts, though. I had a little help to get it to them. :)

BlinkBoy said:
It's funny how much people whine over it, but at the end, it will be a success. Just like it has always been. After all, the editor and b.net are in their earlier stages, they will eventually develop to be a lot better in no time.

Is not the purpose of a beta to whine and incite change? If we say nothing, nothing is said. Something must be said. Change will come, yes. Does that mean everyone should be silent and say nothing? That defeats the purpose of why we are here. Why hope for change when we can make effort to encourage change?

It will be a success exclusively because of the Blizzard logo.

Dr Super Good said:
What people fail to see is the data editor follows a prety easy to understand system of logic.

Oh, believe me, the data editor has some good points to it. It has some kind of logic, but it's also grossly disorganized and annoying to use in many of the menus (Unit editor is my big concern). As a wc3 mapper you're used to that by now and it comes by nature, but as someone who's gone through dozens of game editors, some decent some not so much, I see much more potential in this editor and I strive to realize that potential even if it means attracting the ire of bad trolls such as yourself.

Just Spectating said:
actors are so superfluous.

Actually, Actors have the potential to be extremely powerful in ways wc3 could never dream of doing outside of 3ds max. Think of them as the iscript of SC2. But you don't know what the iscript is because you've never modded Starcraft before, right?

Yeah, iscript is my territory. Just as Jass is yours. We are from different worlds but we both want the same thing, do we not? An intuitive, powerful editor.

I do not ask that the editor be dumbed down and made "easy". There is a grand learning curve to all things. I know this well, for I am a 3ds max user, I've attempted music composition, and I have been modding games since I was but a child. I do not expect to jump into sc2 on day one and make my conversions.

But what I do expect is for companies to support their tools and make them the best they can be. To help them reach these goals I raise awareness. I acknowledge I could have done it in a less inflammatory manner but, y'know what? I'm human. I have a temper, and an ego. I cannot change that. Yes, I have mental illnesses. Yes, it effects my ability to communicate and do what I do.

I also stand by my argument about casual gamers. But your views have been twisted so much that it doesn't matter what I say about it. I come from a very different background.

mrzwach said:
If he was so legendary, why has nothing he has made "tasted the waters of success"? Not refuting your point, just wondering. Because honestly, if he was as good as people say he was, I would have to imagine he was pretty damn successful (or at least somewhat)

I understand the perspective you and (the much less subtle) Nogusta come from. Because I made this statement it has really skewed your perspective.

To me, success is total completion. DotA is not completed yet, is it? No. It still sees updates. It still sees additions. But it's also just a map. It has some kitbashes and some sounds ripped out of UT, it's mostly data and JASS work. A lot of work, yes, but it's still not a mod.

Armageddon Onslaught is amongst the most complete Starcraft conversions ever made. Few mods have ever had the kind of resources and time investing into breaking the limits of Starcraft and exceeding the boundaries previous modders had lined out like this, and each one will forever be remembered. AO is a tech demo and a proof of concept. It is flashy, it has a lot of assets, and at first it may not seem that significant outside these elements.

The reason it is not "totally" complete because I did not fine-tune the graphics and the crash issue with the limit expander was not solvable (yeah, we hacked apart the engine something fierce to get it to work in the first place).

Success is relative to the beholder. You won't see as a Legend, or perhaps even that great, because my work is scattered here and there. I cannot refute this, nor do I want to. I present what I have done openly.

But know this - no matter what you do, be it small or large, successful or not, contributes to who and what you are.

I couldn't give two shits about download numbers. My very first wc3 map had over 20k downloads, and it was a terrible, terrible map. But I've learned something over my years of modding, something maybe you guys will one day learn when you start making big projects - it's not about the fame. It's not about the hits. It's about making your dreams come to life. If you do not work for yourself you will not find enjoyment in what you do. Thus it doesn't bother me to set my projects to rest should something happen that prevents their progress, and there are many factors involved in what I do as a person and as a modder.

I don't expect you to comprehend any of it.

grow up, it's not like your opinion on how good he does something even matters.

Do you see the irony in this statement? Yep, we've been here before, haven't we?

Your arrogance exceeds that of even mine. I applaud you; your trolling skills may one day come to fruition. But that day is not today. Your hyperbole only amuses me.

PurplePoot said:
I'm a modder and I seem to find more time to play than most people on this forum do.

A modder or a mapper? They are two entirely different things and judging by the inexperience your posts reek of I doubt you are a modder. You do not seem to comprehend the difference between the two. I'm sorry that this has upset you.

PurplePoot said:
Which is why identifiers were removed; to make this easier.

Forgot the part where names aren't unique still, huh?

Rui said:
On top of this, I'm still wondering whether neutral hostile units are a concept to keep on Starcraft II, so we never know if we'll have more models to work with thanks to them, like we had in Warcraft III.

Hi,

There is a lot more assets in sc2 in the campaign (thus available on the release client), and yes there is a "neutral hostile" type player for easy access.

I hope that Blizzard plans on reducing the size limit before release, or perhaps allow people to share their resources (ie models, skins, that kinda stuff) with the community without using up their valuable space.

The limitations will no doubt go up on release but the prospect of limiting the # of maps you can upload without the option for local hosting should terrify you lot more than it does me.

What amuses me more than the quantity of uninformed hypocritical posts in this thread is the fact that I managed to get so many trolls riled up on an entirely different forum, and none of them had the stones to address me directly. To that I bid you good day and farewell. If you have something to say you know where to find me.

Level 3
My Problems with Starcraft:
For one, blizzard has pretty much completely taken over all aspects of Esports related to SC2. Blizzard pretty much completely fucked all of korea(and many profesional players) with its new 'DRM'

There a couple of problems here and there with melee, but its to be expected it'll probably get worked out eventually.

As for the editor its very powerful but like many have said a clusterfuck and unnecessarily difficult to jump in and start using. As for the idiotic statements like "it'll prevent shitty maps/it should be hard to use/i want a challenge in developing etc" Rather than going completely in depth as to why these comments are ridiculous i'll just say this and hopefully you'll get the point. Intelligence isn't just being able to understand something complex, intelligence is being able to understand something complex and be able to simplify it into terms that are less complex. Please get rid of the elitest attitude.

As for bnet2.0, it could be better, it is kind of locked down, and it really all goes back to blizzard trying to be controlling and wanting as much money as they can make. I guess it IS their game though so what are you going to do. The facebook integration is lame as is many of their attempts at improving socialization but whatever, its not really anything worth complaining about. As for map publishing and all that stuff, have to wait and see till release for how it all pans out, but not being able to host games is retarded.

Level 11
Unnecessarily difficult to jump in and start using, but once you actually learn it it is far more powerful and gets easier to use over time. At this point, I don't even notice it being disorganized.

Seems to me like JASS. For a while, I was frightened of it, as it was scary. Eventually, however, despite how confusing it was I decided to learn how to use it, and once I did I realized doing practically anything was easier with it and I could do things I wouldn't even think of doing in GUI.

But hey, the editor isn't going to be improved in how organized it is, so enjoy whining and bitching while other people make maps.

Facebook integration - seems a bit hypocritical that people are constantly screaming for chat rooms so they can make friends, but when Blizz adds a feature to help people find friends they complain, lolwut. They say that if someone didn't like channels, they could just ignore the button that says Join Chat, yet at the same time they are incapable of ignoring the Facebook button.

Level 3
I don't like the constant nagging about facebook integration since it's already a done deal anyway, but it really isn't a feature to find friends. It adds people from facebook, you know, presumably people who are already your friends. Yeah you can argue that you discover friends you already had who happen to also be playing sc2 (though one would think you would know this if you're friends), there's still an inherent limit in place here because we're only dealing with people you already know. It's really not doing what chat channels do at all.

That said, I still think the whole debate about whether chat channels help find friends or build the community or whatever is a complete distraction from the real issue. Chat channels are important because they are the single most effective tool for organizing large games. A six-player limited party system with no idle zone will never be able to accomplish for me what chat channels did in wc3. When I played wc3 I spent the majority of my time either making maps or organizing large custom games ( often to play/test those maps), so it just kind of feels pointless to even buy sc2 until that feature is put into place.

I agree with him. The UI is (pardon my language) G#d D#mn o#t-f###ing ragious on so many levels.
I had high hopes for SC2, ones that were crushed.
It seems they put more time into the single player content then they did with online publishing and modding possibilities, which held WC3 and SC1 in the air for as long as it did.
Do you honestly think I would go out and buy SC1 over four times because I lost a CD key or a disk, just to re-play the campaign?

LOL.

Level 22
F*CK Placement Matches
F*CK Bnet 2. 0 - all related to it suxx harddd. Bnet 2.0 is a disgrace for all the good things Blizzard have made.

Placement matches are complete utter bullshit! Once you get 5:0 another time you make 3 losses you get in Silver.

The one time Im high league and they decided to reset stats 3 days later.

And then a loss will make you low league. Screw placement matches, it happens to lose and not win every time. 5 Stupid Games will decide your skill? Then you have to waste your time with low to get high as in waste 50 games to climb???

Yes I lost to 1 lame masser of zerglings (smth like 60 zerglings) that despite all was able to kill the blockade, another good player human and a 3rd at who I lol how close he won and the game was mine.. 2 wins, Bronze ROFL

This system sux hard. I dont hate Bnet 2.0 I disdain it.

Level 10
So if you lose to 3 suckers, out of 5, and they place you in the diamond league, you would love the game, right?
They will be resetting the leagues few more times, that is the point of beta.
But if you want an ultimate ranking, go play organized tournaments with the best. HD invitational, CraftCup etc

The current system is not super, but dont bash it because you loose too much

Level 22
Fyi I play CraftCup and ZOTAC . And if you think it is me look here:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170441122&sid=5010

4-1 is silver or gold, 3-2 is Bronze. LOL. At least I was platinum with 4:1 before they screwed the placement. They just need to make a single ladder or make every1 start from the bottom, cause 5 games deciding your skill is incredibly stupid.

Level 3
No LAN

No global ladder (Only meaningless division ladders)

No chat rooms, channels, or functions at all

Locked regions. (Can only play in US with a US account)

Only one name per account.

Horrible friend system:

Privacy concerns

Difficulty in adding friends

Impossible to do simple /w commands

If you disconnect in a game, you lose, instead of being given a short time frame to rejoin the game

No way to join games already started what so ever

Severe Custom Map Problems

Size limited to 10mb per map

Only 5 maps can be published per account

To join a game, you have to find the map listed on a popularity list (so new maps are impossible to play)

Because of the join method, you can't name map lobbies to specific a UMS type, such as "no rush 20min".

No way to password game lobbies

Only the host can adjust teams in lobbies

The UI of actual game lobbies is ridiculously space inefficient. You actually have to scroll down to see everyone in the lobby because the name plates are so unnecessarily huge.

There are no unique names, and when there were, the identifiers were hidden so it was impossible to do any slash commands

There is no built in clan system

There is no built in league system

There is no built in tournament system

The match making and point system is completely opaque (less transparent than the one in WoW ever was)

It's impossible to know what your match making rating is

It's impossible to know when you'll change leagues

There is practically no stat tracking (win/loss rate with specific MUs, maps, etc)

No online replays

Leagues are not race specific, so I'm easily a Diamond level Protoss player, but as Zerg or Terran I'd probably be Gold or Platinum, and if I tried to practice either online, I'd ruin my rating

And theres more, if you think few people have problems with bnet 2.0 check the team liquid polls they have pretty good population and are mostly negative.

@mrzwach, your responses to my reasons for blizzards failure are not worth responding to as they're not even an argument.

Level 11
... kay
No online replays
Uhh, yeah, sure.
Getting added later.
Leagues are not race specific, so I'm easily a Diamond level Protoss player, but as Zerg or Terran I'd probably be Gold or Platinum, and if I tried to practice either online, I'd ruin my rating
I haven't had a problem with this, I regularly play zerg (my worst race by far) and its not that big a deal. Regardless, I would say play random, to get better at all of them as a whole. Once you are about equal on all the races, then you can start playing as the ones you suck at.
Helps reduce clutter. Good mappers will get more map slots. Less shitty clones of maps and there aren't a million old versions floating around, making it harder to find actual maps.
The horror! Can you explain how exactly this is a problem at all?
It's a beta. Normally, betas don't have tournaments.
WC3 maps were limited to 8mb. Additionally, you should be able to store things like sounds, models, and those other space-eating monstrosities in mod files at some later point in the future.
Meaningless? Somehow, I think that someone who is ranked 4th in diamond is better than someone ranked 78th in diamond. But meh.

Level 40
Could care less. Use the ELO if you really care.

Wrong.

Good thing.

Horrible friend system:
Not really.

Privacy concerns
What?

Beta.

Probably beta.

If you disconnect in a game, you lose, instead of being given a short time frame to rejoin the game
No, you still lag, if your internet completely craps out you get kicked, same as in any other game.

So?

Vague.

Doesn't seem like a huge issue.

Doesn't seem like a huge issue.

To join a game, you have to find the map listed on a popularity list (so new maps are impossible to play)
Yes, this is annoying.

Because of the join method, you can't name map lobbies to specific a UMS type, such as "no rush 20min".
Could be annoying but I haven't had a problem with no game names so far.

So?

So?

The UI of actual game lobbies is ridiculously space inefficient. You actually have to scroll down to see everyone in the lobby because the name plates are so unnecessarily huge.
Agreed.

There are no unique names, and when there were, the identifiers were hidden so it was impossible to do any slash commands
Names are unique. What are you smoking?

Beta. There will be.

What are you on? Because I wouldn't mind some.

So?

The match making and point system is completely opaque (less transparent than the one in WoW ever was)
What?

What?

Not really.

There is practically no stat tracking (win/loss rate with specific MUs, maps, etc)
Could be better, probably beta.

No online replays
Didn't see any complaining when Warcraft 3 didn't have this.

Then practice in customs.

And theres more, if you think few people have problems with bnet 2.0 check the team liquid polls they have pretty good population and are mostly negative.
Because TL wants SC1. TL is a totally biased sample.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Most players do not use LAN anymore. I for one certainly do not when playing my games although I do for peer based hosting rather than SC2's server hosting but for the people I play with its better cause yes, I and my bro have a few MS ping but so does everyone else in the game.

Um what? As far as I can tell the ladder appears fine. The best players will hover in diomand while the leagues below are just there to gauge you where you stand realtive to the best. The ladders being region separated is cause the top 1000 ladder people would all be fanatic koreans who I do not have anything against, but would be unfair on countries where SC is not a sport.

Well no chat rooms is a minor problem. Certainly will make talking to people harder but I guess all the IMs are to blaim as even in WC3 a lot of people were using other chat clients than the ingame one to talk to people.
SC2 does have functions, do not lie. You can difine them via custom script or use the function GUI block.

Locked regions. (Can only play in US with a US account)
Most of the people saying this have no evidence to support it. Although there is a high chance this will be the case due to the beta having this, you must remember that this is a beta. For all we currently know there could end up being region change functionality added.

Also not proven. The galexy map publishing tool uses a drop down list for choosing character name attached to an account with a create button right next to it. This could mean multiple accounts (aileses) might actually be possible although all will link to the same main account. Only time can confirm or disprove this one as the beta is very rough and designed to force you to use battlenet as much as possible to stop non beta members using it.

Horrible friend system:
You are probably right, however still to early as I have not made any friends yet.

Privacy concerns
Complain to all the people who made facebook and such social sites. 95% of people playing SC2 will probably use facebook regually so this is hardly a concern.

Can not comment as have not met anyone to do this with.

This functionality will be added later I heard where you will even be able to communicate with people playing Diablo III or WoW. However I do not think they want easy /w cause addbots abuse it.

Um WHAT???? Rejoining is physically impossible as the state a game is in is derived from all the actions that occured. To rejoin a melee game (let alone complex custom maps) which you were disconnected from would take many minutes of solid uploading for the players in the game to rebuild the game state for you and then you would have to resyncronize and it would be difficult (very) to program. Every modern RTS I know does not allow this and have not allowed this since the year 2000.

Why the hell you want to do that? Do you know how hard it is to build an active RTS into a syncronized instance? You basically have to pause everyone for many minutes while the person loads everything and copies all hidden mechanical data from one client to another which can take minutes. This would also make maps very bug prone as the player count would be in constant flux.

Agreed, the categories are broken showing Other oTher (should be fixed though for release), the host can not alter key game attributes and custom game attributes once game is public and finding maps is too complex for your average player who would rather play a broken map than find a fixed one. Also you can not see what maps are being hosted, so less popular maps are never played cause everyone who does want to play it does not join cause no one will be in it cause they do not know when someone is in it.

Currently by default. Blizzard might add an ability to enlarge that although probably through some paid feature.

Read above. Also most good mappers will only make 5 maps. If your full get a friend to publish. Its not that hard.

Agreed. A currently hosted default display would be much better.

Agreed partially. Although the game type fields cover this mosty they are not working and just showing Other Other for all new maps. As such you can not tell if a custom map like my Zerg Invasion is in resource gather mode, survival mode or marathon mode (different attribute settings). Maybe people would actually join my map then if they knew about there being a difference but can not due to their faulted custom map system. I only hope it is currently incomplete and more options will be added to it.

There is no need to... WC3 never had passwords. Diablo II only had them cause I believe they were an extension feature and not part of the orignal game. If a game is not public then no one knows it exists and thus only people invited to it would. I would still prefer an identifier attached map system where hosted games have an identifier as well as their non discriminated view like currently to allow for joining private games via entering a non public string.

No problem here. Any problems with this mean the host you were with was a noob as you should via communication solve any team problems. Also remember SC2 teams are not slots. Slots have to be done via player dependant game attributes.

Neithor do you need to use a magnifying glass to read them. I do agree that they should impliment a light UI mode where the UI thickness is reduced so everything fits better, but I do not agree that the current one is bad.

Well they should allow names to be unique, there is no reason not to do so.

Sigh. You read trivia but do not read actual blizzard comments or something? Blizzard already said they are considering a clan system and other such extensions to battlenet 2.0. They might not be in the released client, but probably will be in a patch.

Um what? What you mean. It looks like there are leagues to me with their silver, gold, plat and diamond leagues.

Again you do not bother reading anything blizzard said. This will be added in a patch probably after the game is released and working.

This means what? Their match making system is described pretty well as to how it works by blizzard. Yes they do not give you the algaraic formula to how it works which would drive nerds like me crazy but for the average person, there is no need to know how many points a match against X will win or lose you.

There is no need to really. It is used internally to match you against people who should have a 50:50 win chance when fighting you. The whole purpose is you should ultimatly end up winning only half the time. If you win a lot you gain points while if you lose a lot you lose points until you hover at the 50% mark.

It is probably done by some blizzard employee hitting a button currently. I am sure the actual battlenet 2.0 release version SC2 will have more predictable league change patterns. Even if blizzard does not say them, people will soon uncover the triggers for league change.

This is pointless as you get matched against people you should win 50% of the time against anyway. As you know you only win half the games you play there is no reason to have this feature as ultimatly after 1000 matches it should be around the 50% mark.

No online replays
Next to having a social with friends, this is pointless.

In some ways you are right. It could give you 3 leagues, one for each race which matches you againt random opponetns from all 3 leagues. However this would make random very difficult to use as it would have to be a fourth and the data involved is 4 times the current and there will be multiple checks from the data so the server load is higher etc. Thus I guess you should do what normal people do and eithor tier up all 3 races at the same time or play custom games with the ones you are bad at against friends who are about your level until you are good at that race.

If their reasonining is like your, I am forced to say the poll is meaningless. Especially since it encourages haters to vote while people who are happy with it will not vote cause they are busy using it rather than trying to comment how much they hate it.

If you are not happy, make your own game and show me you can do better than blizzard. Complaining is cheap, so people like me do it far too often but in the end can you actually do better than what they did.

Level 3
Well I managed to get a vague blue response (finally) on some of the battle.net issues, hopefully we will see something come out of it other than just words.

Thanks for the collection of feedback and the constructive tone. Always appreciated.

We're fully aware of the concerns that are being discussed in the various threads, on fansites, detailed through kitten videos, etc. and we're in the midst of working on a comprehensive address that should hit most of the major concerns. Just a heads up.
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170840862&pageNo=3&sid=5000#59

Level 3

a lot of the problems here you raise some good points too but they also are based on more of a "casual" player perspective to me. Somethings you missed are

Lan, while its true many do not use it anymore, it is critically important for leagues independent of blizzard.

Once again, the 'divisions' as they are, are bullshit. its designed to make everyone feel good as opposed to giving you a truly accurate standing.

Lots of what you said true about it being beta and the potential for improvement, but you also have to remember there is the potential for no improvement or in fact, worsened conditions.

I realize the rejoining and joining in progress games is difficult and could cause instability if used often, however it would probably be something that could easily be disabled and would be for certain specific matches, probably related to professional games/clan games/games with just friends. Yes its difficult, but blizzard is a company that makes games and they should try to add in as much as possible not do the bare minimum. I payed 60 dollars for a reason, i want my moneys worth and would be willing to pay more for more content, thats how it works.

Passwording is certainly more trivial than most problems. As for your comments about the clan and tournament system, you're not realizing that its not in NOW. just because blizzard says it might be in or that it'll be in later, doesn't solve the problem or being to explain why it isn't in from the start. It's also not a guarantee blizzard has said many things and not followed through or taken a long time to do so.

The matchmaking system should be completely transparent in all ways, theres no reason for it to not be. There should be knowledge available to know why everything that happened worked out that way, from points lost to opponents faced.

Calling stat tracking useless is plain silly. Also, suggesting play with all three races is at the same time as its an overload on the brain, theres no reason to try and learn three races completely all at once. Besides the point there is it would harm your rating which isn't always worth it for higher play. There doesn't have to be a fourth league for random either.

As for your comment about the polls, you're simply saying i disagree with you so i don't care, thats really it. The reason the polls were even mentioned was because it shows thats many people who share similar concerns, like i said blizzard is in the business of making money so they should try and listen to their customer base.

Telling me to make my own game is irrelevant, and complaining is the only way to let blizzard know what you think needs to be done.

Your post was much more well thought out than purplepoots, thanks for that at least.

Oh right, as for online replays, the point is to make commentaries and things like that easier, as well as to be able to discuss with team mates indepth what is happening in a synced and perhaps more interactive way. It allows for strategizing and more. Certainly not just social..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Lan, while its true many do not use it anymore, it is critically important for leagues independent of blizzard.
All places where the leagues are held should have axcess to fiberoptic internet. Thus this is not a problem at all. I do agree that this will hurt some local large LAN parties but considering SC2's system requirements, those will be quite rare for a while. Once people do have enough computers for local gaming parties, they should also have a fast enough connection for it as games do not eat that much bandwidth.

Once again, the 'divisions' as they are, are bullshit. its designed to make everyone feel good as opposed to giving you a truly accurate standing.
Well they could tell you where you are exactly but that is meaningless. It is like knowing you are the 1,876,324,106th tallest person in the world at this point in time, its interesting to know but really in the end does not give you any more bragging rights than the hundreds of millions above and below you.

Lots of what you said true about it being beta and the potential for improvement, but you also have to remember there is the potential for no improvement or in fact, worsened conditions.
Yes but only time can tell that. Betas are always like this if you know software development. Look at WC3 beta, the artwork seriously was changed.

I realize the rejoining and joining in progress games is difficult and could cause instability if used often, however it would probably be something that could easily be disabled and would be for certain specific matches, probably related to professional games/clan games/games with just friends. Yes its difficult, but blizzard is a company that makes games and they should try to add in as much as possible not do the bare minimum. I payed 60 dollars for a reason, i want my moneys worth and would be willing to pay more for more content, thats how it works.
The only use it would see would be in custom maps to allow replacement people to join for an RPG or something. Considering the average host starts as soon as the the last person joins I sadly doubt they would be happy waiting 5 minutes ingame for a person to join. Like wise in melee, the player wants to play another game, not sit around wasting precious time (as he might only have enough for 1-2 games) letting someone rejoin. Thus I do agree its always good incase your PC crashed for some reason but it would receive as much negative publicity as you are giving the lack of that feature due to the time lengths involved. Also it would totally mess up replays as maps could have the potential to never end and replays would be fragmented and stuff.

Passwording is certainly more trivial than most problems. As for your comments about the clan and tournament system, you're not realizing that its not in NOW. just because blizzard says it might be in or that it'll be in later, doesn't solve the problem or being to explain why it isn't in from the start. It's also not a guarantee blizzard has said many things and not followed through or taken a long time to do so.
Yes, there is no garuntee for the feature but I seriously doubt they will not have it. WC3 had sponsered turniments and stuff so there is no reason why SC2 will not. Looking at how incomplete and buggy Battlenet 2.0 currently is I say its more likly a factor of them busy fixing it to work so they have something stable to add it to rather than them not going to add it.

The matchmaking system should be completely transparent in all ways, theres no reason for it to not be. There should be knowledge available to know why everything that happened worked out that way, from points lost to opponents faced.
It does not track who you fight, maybe only who your last few fights were as the data could soon ammount to a crippling server load. Transparency is irritating as it makes people paranoid about everything like I am. I do not play melee cause I know I will lose and that gets stored against my name. Also the end results are meaningless. Although its interesting to know stuff like games played, wins, losses, points gained, points lost and stuff, it does not actually help you play the game better or worse. You will probably find that there was research done into flamming and abuse in games which had clear recorded results and figures thus blizzard did this to provide a more friendly player atmosphere. Do not underestimate the stuff HCI researches can come up with, it might be unbelieveable to some but so was evolution and the world being round. Also we can not rule out the fact that cause the server is reset so much its pointless showing you the values thus this transparency might be in the final. For all we know blizzard could be toying with certain values on random people to see how their matchups behave to help test systems.

Calling stat tracking useless is plain silly. Also, suggesting play with all three races is at the same time as its an overload on the brain, theres no reason to try and learn three races completely all at once. Besides the point there is it would harm your rating which isn't always worth it for higher play. There doesn't have to be a fourth league for random either.
Yes but you can always practice in non ranked custom games of the melee maps that are ranked. Once you are good you can then move onto ladder and your score dip should be not noticable. A league for each race would rank you against other players of the same race, which is meaningless cause you will fighting other races. Thus it probably would not be worth the complexity and confusion to the actual playable advantage. Once you know each race you should be at the same level inwhich case having 3 loses all meaning really. I do not think you have thought it through how the system would work if there were 3.

As for your comment about the polls, you're simply saying i disagree with you so i don't care, thats really it. The reason the polls were even mentioned was because it shows thats many people who share similar concerns, like i said blizzard is in the business of making money so they should try and listen to their customer base.
A few thousand is not a lot of people. SC2 will sell millions of copies so you are looking at only 1% of people not being satasfied. Additionally cause not everyone on battlenet was exposed to the poll you have a biased poll scope meaning that the numbers lose all meaning cause people who hate it would flock to vote but people who do not would not flock to vote. Yes there are people who hate it but there are people who hate everything, even SC1 or WC3 or Halo 3 or final fantasy or you name it. The thread might raise valid issues about the game but in the end the poll is totally usless due to its non total scope. I could run the same pool at blizzard's HQ for example and 99% would vote its good cause they are biased towards it being good cause they made it. A lot of what you are saying I have to say is rather shallow, as in it does not consider everything about the idea, like how will other people cope with games freezing while people join and having to shuffle between 3 leagues and that all their accout progression is are numbers.

Telling me to make my own game is irrelevant, and complaining is the only way to let blizzard know what you think needs to be done.
It was meant to make you think how hard what they are doing is. As for complaining... Well as you probably have guessed by what I have been commenting blizzard ignores most comments like this cause they are more like a rant than actual constructive feedback. Yes sugestions they might consider but they are subject to their own separate validation processes which have nothing to do with reasons you have posted to support an idea.

Your post was much more well thought out than purplepoots, thanks for that at least.
Hes getting fedup with all the whining people are having with the new battlenet 2.0. A lot of the people complaining do not fully know what they are complaining about and even what they are complaining for. It is basically tuning into the whole call of duty or what ever game thing where the lack of private servers was a huge fuss and low and behold made no difference what so ever as the game still was a top seller selling many million copies in a week.

Level 3
call of duty was actually completely ruined on the computer due to lack of dedicated servers, it still sold well because of its name and backing(though i understand your point, it was just a bad example).

Lots of things like you said are reasons for blizzard not to do something, not for something to be in the game. Pretty much what it comes down to is, implementing these things would please many and displease no one(Blizzard not included). Not implementing leaves many people unhappy.

Also, polls are never completely accurate, but they usually are representative if in a somewhat large community many dislike the new battle net, it gives you an idea of what many others might think. Its not a great but its really one of the few ways available to get a general opinion.

Another thing is, why should they have to use fiber optic internet when lan would be so much more convenient and cheaper.

Higher level players are going to care about global rankings, you can keep the divisions but there should also be blizzard supported global rankings, besides, your analogy is sort of weak. I'd much rather know if I'm the 100th most skilled basketball player in the world as opposed to the top rated basketball player in my state.

All the statistics required might be a lot for the server but theres several ways to do it, also when I was talking about the problems with 3 different races and different skill levels with those different races, I wasn't really suggesting new leagues be created, that was your suggestion actually. Theres several other potential solutions to this problem. People don't have to follow them either if they don't want to. As for flaming, thats just kind of silly, i'm sure there will be a squelch and its the internet, its gonna happen no matter what, especially at high level play where these statistics will be used most.

As for blizzard not listening, normally i'd agree, but theres been quite a few blue posts regarding specific threads/rants/videos

Level 11
If you want to get your moneys worth, buy something that you feel is worth your money.
I learned to play SC2 by playing random, and I play primarily random now. It would be very dissappointing to not get put in a league as random, and I would much prefer that all my wins be lumped into one ranking, rather than having to work my way up a seperate, independent and isolated ladder each time I feel like playing toss, or terran, or zerg. Regardless, I still fail to see the point as usually skill differences between races seem to be minor, one league at best and you can always practice in custom matches.
Another thing is, why should they have to use fiber optic internet when lan would be so much more convenient and cheaper.
Because there are people that are scum and would take advantage of these features. Inevitably, you can't blame blizzard, blame the people who forced them to implement such drastic and unreasonable means to prevent piracy.
Also, polls are never completely accurate, but they usually are representative if in a somewhat large community many dislike the new battle net, it gives you an idea of what many others might think. Its not a great but its really one of the few ways available to get a general opinion.
The community the poll is asking is extremely biased against b.net 2.0. If you were satisfied with something, would you be going to vote in polls about how satisfied you were rather than just playing the game?

Level 22
As I've said enough, I'm not gonna say much. Omgpielol posted the issues that thousands agreed and also posted. Pro players, known commentators like Husky, less known players who have seen the needs of these, etc etc. Some don't find these a problem because they really don't understand cause they never have been in such environment. From 'casual point of view' is a good definition to all the 'nothing's wrong all is perfect, im gonna buy it even if Blizzard told me 1000$, they are great, Bnet 2 is the best eva'. Afterall, don't look at me, look at all real good players who have real understanding of the issues. What's the point in arguing when you're clearly not familiar with these things? You have a complete 'im not in this environment' point of view.

As for the 5:0 = Platinum 4:1 = Gold, 3;2 = Bronze or Silver depending on your opponents, unlike 5:0 = Diamon etc. I'd say it is good that it is made a little better than everyone getting in Diamond. BUT this is still stupid, make it 10 games. 5 games determine your skill. Someone may disconnect, another may make a lucky win cause his opponent dropped, etc, but I guess it is pointless to continue this anymore, for you all is perfect and good and flawless, while thousands tell you it is not. Thousands Must Be wrong. I'm done, pointless to continue this discussion ...

Level 11
5:0 can never be diamond, actually. They changed it so that people wouldn't get placed too highly due to lucky matches.

Also, pretty much everyone beyond those koreans participating in fucking starcraft tournaments is a casual player.

Oh, yeah, and you might want to go take your complaints to a forums that will actually care.
(if you can find one, that is)

Level 6
The dude is right. I mean- I can make a more organized editor. A lot of things need word. A lot of PC content (can't say blow?) is dumb. I haven't been looking forward to this game as much as others, but I can't help but feel I should cut my losses and move on as to not be disappointed. People have told me that the editor is so similar to Warcraft 3- yet, why do I struggle so? I've used that editor since TFT just came out... thats a few years.

Level 22
Only Koreans are not casuals? Only they are pros, only pros are not casuals? Casual is someone who stays at bottom league, plays once per month and plays for the lulz, doesn't care and doesn't know what's going on and for them Bnet issues are 'big deal' since basically doesn't understand them. Damn it there are so many cases where people dont know a shit and yet - argue. Which makes this discussion pointless.

Oh, yeah, and you might want to go take your complaints to a forums that will actually care.
(if you can find one, that is)

If there is one? LOL

TL - need I list all their threads?
SC2 GDF - need I list all their threads?
SC2 Beta Forums - need I list all their threads?

Gosugamers
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft...l-frank-pearce-interview-regarding-battle-net

WCreplays
http://www.wcreplays.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127080

This only from those I visit. The list of forums caring if you think there are none will cover the planet if unfolded on a map. But I said what I had to say and Blizzard did see all the threads about it (not just mine), dont worry. I also said all I had to say, pretty much done and useless to continue when ppl bla bla bla without knowing a thing. Yes, gg to this thread.

Level 3
If you want to get your moneys worth, buy something that you feel is worth your money.I learned to play SC2 by playing random, and I play primarily random now. It would be very dissappointing to not get put in a league as random, and I would much prefer that all my wins be lumped into one ranking, rather than having to work my way up a seperate, independent and isolated ladder each time I feel like playing toss, or terran, or zerg. Regardless, I still fail to see the point as usually skill differences between races seem to be minor, one league at best and you can always practice in custom matches.Because there are people that are scum and would take advantage of these features. Inevitably, you can't blame blizzard, blame the people who forced them to implement such drastic and unreasonable means to prevent piracy. The community the poll is asking is extremely biased against b.net 2.0. If you were satisfied with something, would you be going to vote in polls about how satisfied you were rather than just playing the game?

First of all, separate leagues wasn't my suggestion, obviously thats not what would they do. Thats purplepoots suggestion. I've already explained why custom games are inferior to a simple system of unranked matches that could be ranked based on ranked matches. Thats an easy solution, and theres even more things you could do.

Second of all, LAN wasn't to prevent piracy dumbass, it was to control all the Esports, especially in Korea. For so many years Korean companies have been hosting Starcraft leagues/tournaments etc and paying blizzard nothing yet making tons of money. Maybe piracy was a part of it, but theres so much more.

As for the polls, as i've said twice before I believe, it's not to show the majority of people hate bnet2.0(though thats a possibility) its to show that there are MANY people who disagree with the game.

Also, even if Lan was for DRM, i could still blame blizzard for taking drastic measurements to prevent it, because it was their retarded decision to put it in.

As for your comment about casual players, theres tons more players than just "those koreans", in fact there is a large amount of people who will try to play starcraft2 "profesionally" and lots of these features are more geared towards those players, but beneficial to all. In fact the only reasonable arugment anyone has said, is that it would be difficult for blizzard to implment. In other words, it should be in the game and theres no reason for it not to be.

Level 11
Effectively, if people were hosting Esports using LAN and profitting off of it, they were making money off of Blizzard's IP.

I don't really see how they plan to control people from hosting leagues and tournaments, considering that every player who would play in a tournament would pretty much need to have a bnet account. Regardless, since your CD key is now tied to an account rather than a game client, doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference.
a simple system of unranked matches that could be ranked based on ranked matches. Thats an easy solution, and theres even more things you could do.
You never explained how this would work, so do so.

Also, TheTerran, I meant that there have been so many who have complained about these things. Posting here won't make a difference, at all.

Level 3
Effectively, if people were hosting Esports using LAN and profitting off of it, they were making money off of Blizzard's IP.

I don't really see how they plan to control people from hosting leagues and tournaments, considering that every player who would play in a tournament would pretty much need to have a bnet account. Regardless, since your CD key is now tied to an account rather than a game client, doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference.You never explained how this would work, so do so.

Also, TheTerran, I meant that there have been so many who have complained about these things. Posting here won't make a difference, at all.

You're clueless.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Separate leagues would not work as you would only be comparining yourself against players of the same race. If you try cross leage comparisions you can then get stupid stuff like you are better than your terran and worse than your protoss even though thats impossible cause you can not fight yourself. Knowing exactly how good you are is stupid as the players just below you and above you are probably as good as you thus its only useful for long distance comparisions.

As for the whole nonenses of getting put down cause you suck at other races... Yes you get put down but its no big deal as you will be put back up equally fast once you become good at that race or switch to your old race. This is why they do not reveal the details of the rating system, so you do not feel pressured into stupid things like it being bad to lose rank when learning another race. You made it to dimond once so you can always make it again, even if you have to change back to your old race.

Im closing this thread cause the ammount of illogical **** people are sprouting is getting depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.