Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

This guy got through to Blizzard

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Deathcom3s, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, in the beginning I didnt like TL as I thought of them as war3 haters but one SC player brought some very nice suggestions coming from war3 bnet when saying what features it needs to have, so I afterall find them OK. They do bring good topics sometimes and I have seen that one.

But..what can I say, it's like the same answer as to the question - 'why not added the channels so far, why cant we find the maps we downloaded, why not all in 1 folder, 'why not single ladder and these leagues ', why keep history of the custom games played,why is all made in such irrational way' ?

The same answer is for all these questions, incl those in the TL forum. - Because Blizzard thought by going this different way it will be 'better'.

3. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    TL is full of Wc3 haters. It's a professional StarCraft gaming website. Wc3 is the antithesis of StarCraft in many regards, and as such, there are plenty Wc3 haters on TL.

I highly recommend you read TL if you want to gain any insight into just what kind of impact these last few patches have made on the overall balance of the game. The hardcore SC community is in uproar.

But that aside, i posted these links because they pertain to the modding community at large.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Still you don't usually see a SC pro player in TL offering blizzard to make it like war3 bnet (as it was posted http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126853) features cause it is not about hate, war3 bnet was exemplary even if one hates war3. I know, this is a mapmaking site. Even those who dont play a single melee don't wanna have ranks and low league stats right? And only those who play hard should be rewarded with such, it would just irritate those who dont play melee to have stats at all. That's why bnet features concern all.

5. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WC3 bnet is simply an enhanced version of SC1 bnet. They are both much more closely related to eachother than to SC2 bnet, which is a complete and utter failure.

6. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I really hope Blizzard will read those and take all his comments in mind, because they are really neccesary to create the Starcraft 2 we have been waiting for!

7. peterpants

peterpants

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see the part where he gets through to blizzard? Just seems like a neater form of what everyone has been posting on the b.net forums

8. Helwet

Helwet

Resources:
    Resources:
    I feel for the second guy..
    Makes me feel bad about liking the gameplay of SC2.I feel the same about the Data editor ... its a fucking mess. Just as i was getting used to the twisted mess it was .. patch 13

PS those mods hes made for SC:BW are fucking insane.

9. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    His exceptionally long track record as a modder grants him more of a voice in things such as this, moreso than a random, relatively unknown user on b.net. He doesn't specifically note it, but he's basically the reason the data editor now has tabs of all things. Hopefully he's the catalyst which brings forth even more changes for the better.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Eh, everyone's been complaining since the start and Blizzard has only seemed to make everything worse as they continue on.

Seriously?
    -Removal of Text based editing
    -Commercializing modding
    -Facebook integration
    -A mess of an editor

It doesn't seem to be getting any better, and I don't really foresee Blizzard taking into account what these sorts of people are saying, I'm sure enough people have already complained about the way Blizz has decided to move through with Sc2.

11. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    While they may have already made their decision as to which direction they're taking things, they will still be able to fix things through post-release patches.

Though I must admit that i'm skeptical that Blizzard will really make the changes necessary, despite their claims that they are willing to.

12. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you know. readiing these (completely, very interesting) makes me hope that they will change their release date to at least another year of modification.

what i want to see,
    is simplicity and efficiency

13. killer1390

killer1390

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with the second post as much as a modder wannabe can.

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The person who you linked is living in the clouds. His arguments can be thrown down a toliet as they are just pointless whining.

"Oh I prefer this so everything else is wrong but this!"
    Is basically what he is saying.

He obviously has not worked on sets, relationships and databased before. If he did he would soon realise why blizzard has done what they have.

Also he is compairing SC2's water with other games with out realising how SC2's supports a lot more. Did the other games support reflections, distortions, HDR and directions?

He also failed to realise that SC2 mods are data packs and not the traditional mods. They will probably be the large source of moddels for custom maps as they do not (or should not) add to map size.

Thus ofcourse blizzard does not listen to him. He appears just like all the people spamming that protoss are too weak or mauerders need nerfing.

I am sure if he ran a proper full HCI evaluation using proper recognized sampling techniques to random target people he would be more beliveable, but currently he just is complaining, and I am sure he does that for every game.

He also clearly has not made his own games, as those are a lot more technicall handeling all the leaks and making sure it does not crash.

I do agree than SC2 aint perfect.
    Filling non popular maps is impossible cause no one ever joins. (they need a currently being hosted list)
    Map publishing needs a revision, you should be allocated more space if your resources are popular (so people who diserve more space get it).
    The player slots should have 2 display modes, vision impared (current) and compact (all players shown on screen). Like he said it looks nice but is kind of stupid having players so big that you must scrole down (guess its cause people like to scrole now due to all the smart phones).
    Lack of simple custom script input in trigger editor.

If anything the SC2 editor still is not technical enough, the triggers are handicapped and you still can not view/edit raw terrain data (the values saved for the terrain and stuff).
    I am a computer scientist, not some 12 year old. I do not want to see friendly interfaces that make understanding stuff earier for people who should not be modding.

Also the SC2 editor has a lot of robustness problems currently. Locking some team settings data for a game type causes publishing of a map to fail.

15. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    im sure issues will iron out with time

16. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not if Blizzard is so sure in it's cause. They've made it an objective to make GE as simple as possible, aside from failing at that already they're not going to listen to what the people who actually mod it are saying because they probably think they can get more non-advanced mappers to make maps because its so much simpler, and thus make up for the people who are actually complaining.

It's sort of like simplifying a rubiks cube from 3 by 3 to 2 by 2.
    The people who really enjoy it and practice all the time are going to be PISSED, but in the long run the company will make more money as more people, even the dead head who just runs in brute forcing the thing into shape, will be able to solve it.

17. Mooglefrooglian

Mooglefrooglian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you used the data editor?

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes, and it is noticably aimed at simpler people, as it now lacks the support for raw input which even WC3 had.

19. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    And what is the conclusion ? As always. Its golden rule.

1. Developers earn money from 1 success = WoW in this case.
    2. Then they invent whatever they like = Facebook integration into bnet (this is hilarious for me).
    3. Now the golden rule; if people pay for that product, what will that mean for developer ? Success = Meaning that they did good job.

People cant realize that. Sadly. Tho I dont care. I just hope that game(generally, any) will turn good. If its good, I buy that game. If not, who cares...

So, people will buy this game however its made. We already seen this with Aliens vs Predator. Now game died. But on release people defended the game, they had hope, living in clouds... xD
    Same here... Tho I am not on Bnet forums so I dont know if they are listening to fans anymore.

20. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hahahaa! MAy I also add this 2nd link in TL beats the records of tons of text. Those who make such long posts really need to get a life. Post it in few paragraphs not in endless Everest-High mountain of text. I never read such, haha that's like reading a book wtf... and what if no one cares if one likes sc2 or not? Just a big waste of text and time. At least summarize what you want to say so that ppl actually read the summary.. gg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.