• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Beta - Change Server [Tutorial]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
This tutorial give you answers which isn't covered openly in sc2 sites. This is a bypass tutorial on how to change bnet 2.0 area without the need of more keys and accounts.
____________________ ____________________ ____________________

What do I need to do to change server?

1. First of all, you need a tool to change servers. Put it in your main starcraft 2 folder.

Download:
    Starcraft 2 Region Changer Bat file

2. Then you need to download the region config files for making the bat file work. Put the region files into your Mods\Core.SC2Mod\ located inside your main starcraft 2 folder. Download the files you need.

Download one or more of these region files:
    USBase file
    EUBase file
    AsiaBase file

3. Now that you have these files moved to the correct folder, one more thing must be done before you can play on a different server.

Here's comes a part which isn't mentioned in most sc2 forums. The solution of playing on a different server without the need of creating a new account or need of a new sc2 key. The tutorial explains an example of changing from EU area to US area.

How do I play on a different server without creating a new bnet account on that area?

1. Logon into www.battle.net. The blizzard then will switch automatically to us.battle.net, eu.battle.net or tw.battle.net depending on your locations.

2. If you want to logon to US area, and your default address is eu.battle.net, do the following: Change the internet address from eu.battle.net to us.battle.net. Click the "Create or Manage a battle.net account" button. Logon with your bnet account.

3. You should now be logged in. Now you need to do some adjustments so you are able to play starcraft 2 on that new gateway. Now click the "Contact & Shipping Information" link.
    132929-albums3389-picture32360.jpg
  4. Then you must change your main address because blizzard checks your address when you try to logon bnet for verifications. Click the "Edit" link.
    132929-albums3389-picture32359.jpg
  5. This is the hard part of changing addresses. Blizzard checks out for real postal codes and cities, but it doesn't check out if your address or your phone number is real, so these can be fake. Type in a random address and find a state and zip number from google for names.

For example:

State: Kansas
    City: Denton
    Zip/Postal Code: 66017
    Address: Bullshit street 7
    Phone: 43993333236

Can I play on a different sever now?

Yes you should be able to play on a different server now.

If you did the following steps above correctly, you should now be able to play on a different area without problems. Run the Starcraft 2 Region Changer file, then a command line comes up which allows you to choose from 3 regions. If you have put the region files in the correct folder, type 2 for US, press enter, wait for the game to launch.

You should now be able to play on a different area without problems.

PS: If you going to order something in the future, don't forget to fix your address

That concludes the change server tutorial. The tutorial showed an example how to change from Europe server to US server. It works in both directions.

Teamliquid - Change sc2 server tutorial (I cover the stuff they didn't mention)

Level 11
Extremely useful, though now I have another bnet account which is pretty much useless.

Thanks for the tutorial.

However, could you upload the files here? Megauploads stupid "wait 45 seconds before DLing" is rather annoying D:

EDIT: actually, it doesn't work for logging in with teh same account on multiple regions; the only way I can get on Europe is by using an EU account; if I use my US account it says it has no registered copy of SC2.

Last edited:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
EDIT: actually, it doesn't work for logging in with teh same account on multiple regions; the only way I can get on Europe is by using an EU account; if I use my US account it says it has no registered copy of SC2.
Weird, did you change your address and shit? I tested it while EU server was down and US was online, I could enter bnet on US realm while I couldn't on EU realm.

Did you change the login adress to us.battle.net?

And I can not upload so huge files on THW. Their to big.

Level 2
My game shuts down right before the login screen when i run the game through the region changer...what's wrong?

EDIT: (when i change from EU to US, EU still works if i use region changer)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
It seems like the SC2 servers is down so I cannot confirm that blizzard made a fix to counter this bug.

Appearently this no longer works and you must now have a unique key for each region. If a key is used in 1 region, you cannot play in different regions.

I may need to change this tutorial as it no longer applies...

Also I'll see when the sc2 is released for real and see if they add multi realm support and chat for sc2, so this tutorial is then useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.