• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This Article has aged quite badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst searching to find a compilated list of all the changes from the classic campaign to reforged I stumbled across this article outlining all the features that would be coming in Reforged and... oh boy it has not aged well to put it mildly. What do you guys think? Because from what it appears from this article Reforged should've been amazing.

Warcraft 3 Reforged – 13 Ways Its Different From Warcraft 3 Classic

Level 2
I stumbled upon this post from @Bribe in August 2019 which aged just as badly. The optimism in this post hurts me for what could have been. We didn't even get most of the new natives added to GUI :(

Would be cool if GUI got a neutral-variable type as well, but we'll be getting Reforged soon which is going to change things up for GUI so substantially that it'll feel like upgrading to a Ferrari.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I stumbled upon this post from @Bribe in August 2019 which aged just as badly. The optimism in this post hurts me for what could have been. We didn't even get most of the new natives added to GUI :(

I think that's a fault of the executives rather than the developers. The executives rushed an unfinished product and the developers wanted to do so much more with it.

Now Reforged development is pretty much only security and bug fix type patches since they're not going to dump out cash for players who won't be buying the "upgraded" have anyway.

It would have been enough if the game at least had a tiny install footprint option! 30 gigs over 1.30 and all for a few new natives. They butchered classic as well. The test game function in the Editor takes 10x as long to launch Warcraft as it did in the pre-Reforged days.

Having 30 more euros is more of an upgrade than Reforged.

Status
Not open for further replies.