• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

They Don't Give me my Reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It drives me mad that people aren't giving reputation when I help them...
I know it's something that can't really be stopped but... is there anything I can do to give people the idea that when you help someone and they don't give you (by you I mean I) reputation, you regret helping them? Or that people like me who constantly don't get reputation will slowly stop giving it also?

I understand that asking for rep is like against the rules... which doesn't help my problem much... but I understand it...

Now people are giving me rep because of this thread... (Thanks anyway I guess)...
People do not get the point I'm trying to make so, never mind...
Someone close this thread please...

Last edited:
Level 13
Well many people are thank less in this world and this is one of those times so sadly there isn't anything that can change it sure reading it on a sig to give rep to people who will help you may change them but some people just don't care is all.

It drives me mad that people aren't giving reputation when I help them...
I know it's something that can't really be stopped but... is there anything I can do to give people the idea that when you help someone and they don't give you (by you I mean I) reputation, you regret helping them? Or that people like me who constantly don't get reputation will slowly stop giving it also?

I understand that asking for rep is like against the rules... which doesn't help my problem much... but I understand it...

Begging for rep you may or may not deserve won't get you it.
And complaining about it sure as hell won't.

Level 19
I suppose they'll give reputation points if they think that the information given was really really helpful to them, maybe it's just that different people have different expectations...

PS: A rep for you !

Level 34
You got 36 points DeadZero, 36 reputation points.

So you got rep.

Now stop complaining, I aint complaining either.

You are just begging right now.

Level 8
It drives me mad that people aren't giving reputation when I help them
If something likes this drives you mad, then I must laugh at you, because it is indeed fucking hilarious.

Fact is, nobody gives a shit and nobody will worship you for having a larger e-peen than the rest so just drop it.

Reactions: HFR
As already stated, you do not want to get rep, you want the users to be helped.
If you complain about the amount of reputation you get, you are doing something wrong.
And you get rep for atleast every 5th help you do.

Also as another one already mentioned, you got reputation for this stupid thread.
Now please, tell me, how dare are you asking for reputation?

Its a nice-to-have thing, not an I-need-it.

Level 31
Some people are just too lazy to click the rep button and some does not give reputation to you unless the post truly deserve it.

For example, Ralle was capable to give 10 reputation by just a single click. But does your post truly good enough and helpful enough to deserve 10 reputation point?

That is how some people think about rep distribution.

Level 15
being rewarded for the wrong reasons? damn right it's hilarious, over-inflated egos make me pissed off at a whole new level I actually twitch, laugh and then try to kill it, *cough*facebook groups*cough* i wonder if its normal to feel this amount of hate and embarrassment for something at first sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.