• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I'd like to get into improve stuff, but not really acting. Perhaps if I ever get my lazy ass to university.

Level 12
I've been in 5 plays myself. All small productions at high school though.

Bang Bang You're Dead, I played a ghost (Matt) who was shot by main character and comes back to haunt him. It's a play about school shootings and it's very intense. My first and best play IMO. It was just strictly good even though we had a terrible student director.

11 Variations of Friar Johns Failure, Check Please, "Acid Trip" (don't remember the plays name because it was written by a student and it sucked), "Acid Trip, return of suckiness" (Another play written by a student and I'm still trying to forget them).

Then my second favorite play is called, "Cut". It's a play, within a play, within a play, with lots of funny twists.

Overall I would only recommend acting for those who are really interested in it. If you're not sure, don't try it because it's only interesting if there's a good director and everybody else is also interested in the production.

Level 18
I had a small role in a play at my primary school.
I played a badger that shouted at some hamsters that were asking for sex in a play during a love scene (yes a play in a play). I also had a small role as a barmanmarmot.

Level 18
I would get a video of the play, but that never happened ç_ç
I want to see how my acting skills were by then even though I was afraid of bigger roles at first.

Cool thing is that on high school I once had to do an imitation of the famous scene from the Shining

'Here's Johny!'

Not that I had ever seen or heard of that movie by then (and I still need to see it ;D)

I'd love to be good at acting, but even more I would like to make films. We'll see...

Last edited:
Level 18
I was going the study Communication & Multimedia Design and designing movies was one of the things I would like to do, but I lack on some of the requirements. Another option would be game design :p

I like great movies, but am not interested in fame at all.
Another problem might be the Dutch film industry, which is very small.

Now where are all the others to post on this thread? I'd like to hear more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.