• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c

Darklycan51 Presents

The World Of Azeroth
Created by Darklycan51

Map Info:
Well this is a kind of altered melee map but much better.
I've made it so you can Re-imagine how the wars in warcraft have passed but in
a simple melee map.

Features:

Select one of twenty Eight races to conquer azeroth, With Only five Workers You need to Build a base And create a great empire
Make allies and enemys For glory, Kill Illidan Or Kel'thuzad ! etc.

Races:
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Dwarven
  • NightElf
  • Undead
  • High Elfs/Blood Elfs
  • Fel Orc
  • Nerubians
  • Satyrs
  • Worgen
  • Ogres
  • Trolls
  • Golems
  • Goblins
  • Naga
  • Broken Draenei/Draenei
  • Gnolls
  • Tauren
  • Demons
  • Pandarens
  • Centaurs
  • Murlocs
  • Tuskarrs
  • Mage Hunters
  • Scarlet Crusade
  • Faceless Ones
  • Forsaken
  • Bandits

Those are the current Races I will probably add a few more.

Screenshots:

Kultiras:
Inside kultiras lies tandred proudmoore, admiral of Lordaeron
2ia9wtf.png

Sunwell boss:
The void Lord, a easy to start boss.
2uptpaf.png

Worgen:
Human form (footmans are morphing into worgen)

dbtm4k.png

Worgen:
Worgen form

r0v7up.png

Mage Hunter:
You can see most of their base (the big tower is the magic center)

2nrd8nd.png

Ogre gameplay:
A user Paillan showing us how to play the Ogres

Change Log:

Added:
  • Global Upgrades for the Night Elves
Removed:
  • Nothing
Fixed:
  • Tooltips
  • Hotkeys
Changed:
  • Collision size on big units
  • Naval units now have extra 150 range
  • Lots of balance changes (a lot to add).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Eagleman
  • Diegokopo
  • Paillan
  • Keltras
  • Darkcris
  • ]KeViN[
  • Persiaa
  • Lumix355
  • DragonBlood

Tutorials/Systems:
  • Kobas
  • Tickles
  • GangSpear
  • Darkgrom
  • Dr Super Good
  • Tank Commander
  • Magtheridon96
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Myself
Other:
  • :D

Author's notes:
Fanbar:
jl4c4h.png

link: http://i50.tinypic.com/jl4c4h.png
um i guess that thats all.
v Credits for the Description Template.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
azeroth,wars,melee,26,races,The,World,Of,Azeroth
Contents

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c (Map)

Reviews
17:47, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 3
Yep :) What you guys doing , i am so bored this days...
STUPID SCHOOL AND D FROM CHEMISTRY!!!Fizics 2
AHAHAHAha chemistry i tried many times....

i tried..... i tried..... to kill this fuckign math so that chemistry will not use math problems anymore :C

thats my problem to , your not alone :))

Level 3
this thread is getting away from topic more an more, we must be carefull or it will be closed.
ok i will give ideas.

What if you put a mode in this map like < Team mode > Left and right side part of the map..
if you know what i mean , As you can see there is 2 long and large lands in this map :)) so if you put team mode in this map , team 1 will automatically go in the right side of the map and team 2 in the left side.....

Thats all for now....

Level 18
Ok since that ally system i was making won't work at all for some weird reason.

kobas said he is going to make me a jass trigger for that so when the host types -allies it changes the allies into a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 or 5v5.

if there are like 5 players the game becomes ffa.

Level 18
Important changes in next version:
Income gain:
Gold will now come from 2 sources, 1 being the amount of food used every 12 seconds,
second, there will be capturable gold mines which give 50 gold every 10 seconds.
Food:
Units will now cost 1/2/3/4 food depending on the tier they are (1/2/3/4)
1st tier cost 1 food (example footman, some units like grunts will cost 2 food since they are considered second tier because of their power).
2nd tier will cost 2 food (example crypt fiend)
3rd tier will cost 3 food (example Knight)
4th tier are an exception which will be Air units like Dragons and very powerful units.
There will be units like the big Hidra which will cost more, but they are very few exceptions

this changes were made to make the players able to get more map control instead of being limited to just their area because of Food cost.
Gold will be more difficult to get now, unit cost has been reduced to fit the new income style, upgrades will now cost more)
this is made so players can't live forever with 50000 gold, and so players don't end up with unlimited gold.

Heroes: XP Gain has been reduced DRASTICALLY, a level 1 unit will now give you 1 XP, this change was made so heroes don't end up being completely overpowered, with 3 or 4 wars your hero must be now level 4 and even with items won't be imba (because low attack speed).

other changes are the adition of The Forsaken, and lot of balance changes (example: Golem Hero powers being changed), golems now have upgrades, lot of races being balanced more like satyrs and gnolls, nerubian spawns have been nerfed, terrain balance changes, etc etc etc.

I think with this changes the map can start being treated seriously, since i'm making changes so it becomes more competitive.

Level 19
I have one simple question, what is difference between this map and http://www.epicwar.com/maps/205484/ ? Im just curious

Making a small review of that map you posted, it´s a copy from older non protected version darklycan done, even i made an edited version of that map, in my case i added warmogs, but the were able to transform into human, just as the one in WoW do.

Level 18
Making a small review of that map you posted, it´s a copy from older non protected version darklycan done, even i made an edited version of that map, in my case i added warmogs, but the were able to transform into human, just as the one in WoW do.

actually no that's azeroth wars that's another map, with another gamestyle the only thing that is similar is the terrain.

Level 3
Guysss , i'm back :) School fucked me up , but , i'm back
What's happening with maps and all ? I read all stuff so , happy new year xD
Is Spanish translated?

Level 19
BTW, can I get a template of your map? I just need the terrain and not the triggers and also no the units or everything just the terrain, please?
There are quite a lot of older non-protected version in epicwar, so go on and take them.
Dark, i think i found a pretty good idea to low the file size dramatically, meaby you should confiugre them map too create all doondads ingame, also create destructables ingame, and remove al editor put ones?

Last edited:
Level 18
Things missing:
Complete the forsaken
redo the legion event.
--------------------------
completed hundreds of changes from suggestion mails by some members. (most of them by ras)
and lots of balance changes.

it's probable that i'll complete the map today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 18
5% of the changes missing.

still it looks like i will have to beta test tomorrow morning and if everything goes right i'll upload it shortly after.
---------
sorry guys i've been editing the map all day but this small stuff missing ended up taking more time than expected.

Level 18
no problem, but i can´t beta test tomorrow morning.

the beta test will be on ombuserver with 3/4 members there just to get quick stuff that i added incorrectly (always happens)

and to see if the new income system is too low then i'll change it to something a bit higher. maybe 10 secs or maybe every 8

well it's already morning so the beta test will start in some minutes

Last edited:
Level 3
PLS add some AI my friends won't play whit me whit this they are addicted so much whit Dota

Level 18
Yes there aren't screenshots yet.
------
uploaded 8.3b :
added:
-ping command (mines)
fixed the centaur stun and furbolg ursa stun (nerfed now stuns 0.1 seconds (ministun) and has a 12 second cd).
Legion event fixed (spawn changed from 2 seconds to 0.25.

Last edited:
Level 19
PLS add some AI my friends won't play whit me whit this they are addicted so much whit Dota

well, you should play on garena, there´s little less dota there.
Also i need some not noob people to finally make the video of the map as i promiced. so, garena, ombuserver or battle net? (i think i would be able to use them all? plus, i still have to register my war3 to play on battle net.)

Level 18
sorry guys updated to 8.3c (i think this will be the last 8.3)
bugs fixed:
forsaken gargoyles not being limited
changed/balance:
ping duration now lasts 2.5 seconds
Mage hunter dragons nerfed.
-------------------------
8.3d.
:Okay: since no one reported me that the base income was broken i had to fix that, also by the way fixed some other newly reported bugs that no one reported me before... (scarlet knight icon and toolitp when training, centinel and guardian upgrades and tooltips, added magic sentry to humans and dwarven,added blue drake to tuskarr, reduced the giant worgen critical strike damage from 3x to 2x and dead time from 10 secs to 12 secs).

extra: added screenshots (finally)

Last edited:
Level 19
found bugs:
the magic improvement of tuskar doesn´t work
the tuskar shop cannot sell town scroll (how ever, it can be buyed at tuskars tier 3 townhall)
limit of gold mine control? (at some moment i started loosing mines when controled new ones)
thats all i found.

Level 18
found bugs:
the magic improvement of tuskar doesn´t work
the tuskar shop cannot sell town scroll (how ever, it can be buyed at tuskars tier 3 townhall)
limit of gold mine control? (at some moment i started loosing mines when controled new ones)
thats all i found.

those are minor bugs (the gold mine i have to see first because maybe someone was stealing from you idk)

so i'll first get more bugs before releasing 8.4