• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c

Darklycan51 Presents

The World Of Azeroth
Created by Darklycan51

Map Info:
Well this is a kind of altered melee map but much better.
I've made it so you can Re-imagine how the wars in warcraft have passed but in
a simple melee map.

Features:

Select one of twenty Eight races to conquer azeroth, With Only five Workers You need to Build a base And create a great empire
Make allies and enemys For glory, Kill Illidan Or Kel'thuzad ! etc.

Races:
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Dwarven
  • NightElf
  • Undead
  • High Elfs/Blood Elfs
  • Fel Orc
  • Nerubians
  • Satyrs
  • Worgen
  • Ogres
  • Trolls
  • Golems
  • Goblins
  • Naga
  • Broken Draenei/Draenei
  • Gnolls
  • Tauren
  • Demons
  • Pandarens
  • Centaurs
  • Murlocs
  • Tuskarrs
  • Mage Hunters
  • Scarlet Crusade
  • Faceless Ones
  • Forsaken
  • Bandits

Those are the current Races I will probably add a few more.

Screenshots:

Kultiras:
Inside kultiras lies tandred proudmoore, admiral of Lordaeron
2ia9wtf.png

Sunwell boss:
The void Lord, a easy to start boss.
2uptpaf.png

Worgen:
Human form (footmans are morphing into worgen)

dbtm4k.png

Worgen:
Worgen form

r0v7up.png

Mage Hunter:
You can see most of their base (the big tower is the magic center)

2nrd8nd.png

Ogre gameplay:
A user Paillan showing us how to play the Ogres

Change Log:

Added:
  • Global Upgrades for the Night Elves
Removed:
  • Nothing
Fixed:
  • Tooltips
  • Hotkeys
Changed:
  • Collision size on big units
  • Naval units now have extra 150 range
  • Lots of balance changes (a lot to add).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Eagleman
  • Diegokopo
  • Paillan
  • Keltras
  • Darkcris
  • ]KeViN[
  • Persiaa
  • Lumix355
  • DragonBlood

Tutorials/Systems:
  • Kobas
  • Tickles
  • GangSpear
  • Darkgrom
  • Dr Super Good
  • Tank Commander
  • Magtheridon96
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Myself
Other:
  • :D

Author's notes:
Fanbar:
jl4c4h.png

link: http://i50.tinypic.com/jl4c4h.png
um i guess that thats all.
v Credits for the Description Template.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
azeroth,wars,melee,26,races,The,World,Of,Azeroth
Contents

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c (Map)

Reviews
17:47, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 19
Well, making some magic movements i managed the impossible, opening the map on world editor. Now i got your attention, i found a way too add BOT´s! yust make some regions, them when a player is a computer, its start place will be sent there, set them a random race (whit a AI you can set random actuallizations) and finally, put them the basic mele map AI for cmputer
PS: i can´t open the map don´t worry :3
A yes, many people says, murlocs are ****, why don´t change them for another thing, or eliminate too make more space.

Last edited:
Level 19
okey, anyway, i played around and found some compliments also some bugs lest start :
Compliments:
Many people are anger because players can revive over and over, and there isn´t enought food for a large strong enought army that covers all the world, i mean, a comand, too limitate the number of town halls/start buildings.
Water-scouting: this is half a bug half a compliment, it since that, this is a tactic that consist in:
1.picking nagas
2.using your boat too follow the boat of another player
3.kill him fast, since most bases are near water, whit the power of fast evolving nagas.
I would say, hey men this is depressive, make a comand too delete the boat off a player that picks naga/murloc (even i saw nobody picking murloc)
finally: unused races, races that meanwhile no one uses:
golem
murloc (most unused)
scarlet crusade
draenei
tuskar
Satyr (the one ´´hit and run`` race that every one hates, becuase thay don´t now how too use it)
the most player agreed that, they lack on balance, or are just copies from other races, example: men, scarlet crusade is almost the same than humans!. I dunno, i personally use almost all races perfectly, exept murlocs, since i didn´t liked them too much, anyway this are yust things players says, i my opinion, the most important is the boat/town hall problem, end of the post.

Level 18
Draeneis are a REALLY powerful race , if they don't use them it's because they haven't tested them, Scarlet Crusade isn't like humans , they use another kind of strategy , scarlet crusade gets faster their last units , while humans take more to get them,Tuskarrs are actually a very good counter to naga , since their polar bears also swims.

only this races are going to get Buffs:
satyrs golems and murlocs are going to get buffs.

and
forgotten Ones are going to get a nerf in some of their units.

and about the Naga and Murlocs, i can't remove their ships because if i would do that they would get to build their bases slower. which other races like nerubians would get to use in their favor.
what i'm going to do is to make barracks for naga build slower.

and the townhall problem is more of a player problem, they got reveal to finish a player, that's why it's price is really low so they can kill remaining units , and if you find his remaining units even with that you can use the master mages glyph..

Level 19
a yes, some people say, reveal of blood elfs should be:
the same than normal reveal
cost gold
Also, the last form of the bloodelf´s town, does give you resourses instead of costing them.
Mage hunters also lack in good towers, they should have tiers for weapons maybe?
also a golem tier would be nice.
BUG: This is importat, dunno how it happened, but as you now, golems has yust one hero right? well, for some reason, when created flesh golems while my hero was in a boat, new heros apeared :/, i mean, dawn this is good, but buggy.
And finally: some people say, make a easy system too make team VS team, since some people don´t understand the ally/unally thing. A good feature would be also, replacing human players that went out of game whit Computers, only in Team vs Team, so the other player has an ally he can manage (since if you have unit control over a human player, you can´t use building or build things)
Edit: do you now a guy called DMG_Trinity in garena? he says he is your cousin.

Last edited:
Level 18
a yes, some people say, reveal of blood elfs should be:
the same than normal reveal
cost gold
Also, the last form of the bloodelf´s town, does give you resourses instead of costing them.
Mage hunters also lack in good towers, they should have tiers for weapons maybe?
also a golem tier would be nice.
BUG: This is importat, dunno how it happened, but as you now, golems has yust one hero right? well, for some reason, when created flesh golems while my hero was in a boat, new heros apeared :/, i mean, dawn this is good, but buggy.
And finally: some people say, make a easy system too make team VS team, since some people don´t understand the ally/unally thing. A good feature would be also, replacing human players that went out of game whit Computers, only in Team vs Team, so the other player has an ally he can manage (since if you have unit control over a human player, you can´t use building or build things)
Edit: do you now a guy called DMG_Trinity in garena? he says he is your cousin.

about tiers yes i'm going to fix that, and thanks for the blood elf thing i didn't remember which of the tiers was the one which gived gold instead of cost it, and no i don't know who's DMG_Trinity

Level 19
i nowed it lol, it was obius, so anyway... more bugs:
Satyr: Treant can get ot off ground, but they can´t return too ground! anywhere! fix that please, also, some off the satyrs buildings gives money when building it, i think it is dragon nest.
Suggestion: those nice, but unnecesary MDX/BLP files:
some saura models, are nice, but really unnecesary since, warcraft 3 provides lots of models for auras, also some units models don´t fit they´re races (satyr demon has a nice model, but it is big, why don´t use demon huters alternative, it looked nicer) about the BLP, you may say, most are passive version, which aren´t too much in warcraft 3, error, lost off icons have disactived (almost all) version, i now it´s not the same, but other races maps, like rise of of the races, used them instead of importing one, too save space and get more awesome spells, also, sometimes, importing attachments instead off a whole unit, can decrease map size.
Finally, some spell where replaced by stats bonus, why?

Level 18
about models, icons don't take almost to none space, i'm always looking for stuff to replace. also the spells replaced for stat bonuses were the ones which only tarjeted One unit or was useless in a massive battle, i mean Heal was good in warcraft 3 because you had to micro your units a lot, but here you got enough income to rebuild the unit so a 300hp heal is useless, blizzard being the same, i might readd it with more dps and range but it would still be a little pointless..

Level 3
Hey guys :) How long was i gone? What's up? :D
Question for you Darklycan , i think you know this , i'm making a altered meele map , which has just couple of units added to normal ones , but when i put hero in tavern it can be produced like 3 times , i did dependancy eqvivalents at gameplay constants , and also did tiers but doesn't work ...
So i solved the problem with putting 3600 sec cooldown for another pick at hero but looks real ugly... Any help , so it can be made like normal heroes?
I am ready to play btw :)
Yep , all player want CP points , but i like it this way

Last edited:
Level 19
@Perke, you can use a really easy AI too remove a sell off a shop, just seach for neutral building and use conditions, example:
first save the heros in variables them
event: a player pick an hero
condition: none
action: if:number off hero equal or more than 1 or something like that
them:do nothing (just keep selling normal, or if you want, put message: Player has purshed hero!
else:remove unit from building (can´t be undone!)

Level 3
Lol why are you grunts and i am peon? :)
I mean how do i become grunt?

Last edited:
Level 18
i mean i will continue once this term exams finish, which will be the first week or second of October, i'll maybe be able to do some proggress this weekend since my family is going on a trip and i'm staying but i wanna spend that time with friends rather than using the editor..

Level 19
you must decide, sir.
I personally had have no much time too play the map this last days, so it´s not so important for me.
EDIT: i don´t now wich music too use, so send me what you want in the introduction video.
also i need the time were we can make the, how too play online video.

Last edited:
Level 3
DC51 , Paillan has a nice idea there for the bot's (AI's)It would be problem to make them go into ship and then go to base but you can do it :) When you get some time off ofc.

Level 3
Wtf , we could xD
Darkly , i don't know why your so worried about map memory , i saw a map mitula's seal has 15.smthing
mb
And Paillan i'm ready to play but you can create battle.net account at northrend (Europe) My account's ForTheLichKing , i can create over makemehost if they did put it

Last edited:

Ras

Ras

Level 6
Perke you saw the map of "Mitula's Seal" has 15 mb (really 17.61) but, ¿you saw, the map of Mitula's Seal is a singleplayer map? , in singleplayer the maps can have much mbs... but in multiplayer you can have a max of 8 mb (i think)

Level 3
Perke you saw the map of "Mitula's Seal" has 15 mb (really 17.61) but, ¿you saw, the map of Mitula's Seal is a singleplayer map? , in singleplayer the maps can have much mbs... but in multiplayer you can have a max of 8 mb (i think)

Well im preety new to hive so i really don't know maxes and stuff , and i said like 15 so it doesn't mean i ment 15 and only 15 ...

Level 3
Im not a creator BUT i check the balances of map im not good enough

THIS map is good but this map is not balance at all

first time i play this i choose spider race

spider race is so power full on land

the game was end.

I use the ogres OGRES cant handle a enemy i think but its good so il give 4/5

:ogre_rage: WHY!!!

:D ogre said

Level 3
Dude :) I hope you do well on your exams!!!
Lolll , so quiet in here xD

Last edited:
Level 3
Yep :) What you guys doing , i am so bored this days...
STUPID SCHOOL AND D FROM CHEMISTRY!!!Fizics 2