• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c

Darklycan51 Presents

The World Of Azeroth
Created by Darklycan51

Map Info:
Well this is a kind of altered melee map but much better.
I've made it so you can Re-imagine how the wars in warcraft have passed but in
a simple melee map.

Features:

Select one of twenty Eight races to conquer azeroth, With Only five Workers You need to Build a base And create a great empire
Make allies and enemys For glory, Kill Illidan Or Kel'thuzad ! etc.

Races:
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Dwarven
  • NightElf
  • Undead
  • High Elfs/Blood Elfs
  • Fel Orc
  • Nerubians
  • Satyrs
  • Worgen
  • Ogres
  • Trolls
  • Golems
  • Goblins
  • Naga
  • Broken Draenei/Draenei
  • Gnolls
  • Tauren
  • Demons
  • Pandarens
  • Centaurs
  • Murlocs
  • Tuskarrs
  • Mage Hunters
  • Scarlet Crusade
  • Faceless Ones
  • Forsaken
  • Bandits

Those are the current Races I will probably add a few more.

Screenshots:

Kultiras:
Inside kultiras lies tandred proudmoore, admiral of Lordaeron
2ia9wtf.png

Sunwell boss:
The void Lord, a easy to start boss.
2uptpaf.png

Worgen:
Human form (footmans are morphing into worgen)

dbtm4k.png

Worgen:
Worgen form

r0v7up.png

Mage Hunter:
You can see most of their base (the big tower is the magic center)

2nrd8nd.png

Ogre gameplay:
A user Paillan showing us how to play the Ogres

Change Log:

Added:
  • Global Upgrades for the Night Elves
Removed:
  • Nothing
Fixed:
  • Tooltips
  • Hotkeys
Changed:
  • Collision size on big units
  • Naval units now have extra 150 range
  • Lots of balance changes (a lot to add).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Eagleman
  • Diegokopo
  • Paillan
  • Keltras
  • Darkcris
  • ]KeViN[
  • Persiaa
  • Lumix355
  • DragonBlood

Tutorials/Systems:
  • Kobas
  • Tickles
  • GangSpear
  • Darkgrom
  • Dr Super Good
  • Tank Commander
  • Magtheridon96
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Myself
Other:
  • :D

Author's notes:
Fanbar:
jl4c4h.png

link: http://i50.tinypic.com/jl4c4h.png
um i guess that thats all.
v Credits for the Description Template.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
azeroth,wars,melee,26,races,The,World,Of,Azeroth
Contents

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c (Map)

Reviews
17:47, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 1
preugnta

hola una preugnta este mapa se puede jugar contra la AI solo se puede jugar ocn personas?

Last edited:
Level 1
hola una preugnta este mapa se puede jugar contra la AI solo se puede jugar ocn personas?

Im Swedish and can some spanish but if i am right he said something like this
Hello one question will you make so you can play AI in single?
As I said can very little spanish so no hard feelings just trying to help here.

Level 1
Im Swedish and can some spanish but if i am right he said something like this
Hello one question will you make so you can play AI in single?
As I said can very little spanish so no hard feelings just trying to help here.
He said "Can you play this map with AI or do you have to play it with real people?"
Anyway, great map, wish there was AI though.
By the way, 8.6?

Level 2
Well than Darkly, goodbye. Now that this map is updated with the anti tower spam, I will try it again with my friends, we will have some fun, and if we want to change something we can now thanks to you. Good luck!

Level 1
Trigger DestroyGroup

When i try to load the map in Jass NewGen Editor its says "Trigger Function does not exist: DestroyGroup" and the editor closes, i dont know how to fix it doo anyone know??

Level 7
When i try to load the map in Jass NewGen Editor its says "Trigger Function does not exist: DestroyGroup" and the editor closes, i dont know how to fix it doo anyone know??

That's because the map is protected.

The author gave here an unprotected version but there is an error message when loaded and it is not possible to play the map in the game.

Level 6
PHP:
Those are templates anyway, you don't have to be so rude. Also the older versions had maps made by Darklycan himself. And as for you copying his name, are you demanding credit or something? FINALLY, this map is 4 years old as long as I am concerned.
oh i don't demand credit for anything i havn't Done. Beside define copycatting as for i know i just happen to like Lycans And damn am quite pervert. thats the other side of my name if you get my phrase

Last edited:
Level 18
Update:
I will be buying a new computer with bigger disc space (not this crap i currently have with less than 200gb) so i will be back to modding.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN JUST A MONTH.

While i will be buying the new pc in a month from now, i have started learning java, i want to get familiarized with coding so i can create actually decent code for my mods and work on separate games.

This also means that i will be giving the map back a look for a couple of new updates in the future.

This will take some time, i give it up to december to have the new map up, i will also inform you guys of a new project i have in mind right after i update this one.

Level 19
Update:
I will be buying a new computer with bigger disc space (not this crap i currently have with less than 200gb) so i will be back to modding.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN JUST A MONTH.

While i will be buying the new pc in a month from now, i have started learning java, i want to get familiarized with coding so i can create actually decent code for my mods and work on separate games.

This also means that i will be giving the map back a look for a couple of new updates in the future.

This will take some time, i give it up to december to have the new map up, i will also inform you guys of a new project i have in mind right after i update this one.

Wow, that's awesome dude. As always if we can help in anyway just ask right away!

Level 18
Well the game i was making turned out to take more time than i expected hugely sorry guys, I'm still learning java and working with opengl so the map will have to wait at least a month or two more until i can start working on it again on my free time.

Level 2
I would like it to have IA but how the map is made, I think it would be difficult, and the last update was in 2013.

Level 2
If I liked it but the bad thing is that I have to have battle.net to play because it's just not fun.

sorry i use traductor xd

Level 18
Work on the new version has restarted(some changes that never were live are still present since the 8.6 alpha), I pretend to do thousands of changes to the game before the new version goes live, it will take (I expect) a little over a month, but it will be worth the wait, sorry for making people wait 5 years for the new version.

The new update will focus on making the map somewhat more competitive and a better late game.

1.28 and now the new patch have made it possible to do multiple important updates to the map, expect it to be the biggest update ever other than maybe 7.0(Map change from legacy to Azeroth).

I'd appreciate a wishlist for things, I don't promise everything getting added but I'll try to add as much as I can

Level 19
Work on the new version has restarted(some changes that never were live are still present since the 8.6 alpha), I pretend to do thousands of changes to the game before the new version goes live, it will take (I expect) a little over a month, but it will be worth the wait, sorry for making people wait 5 years for the new version.

The new update will focus on making the map somewhat more competitive and a better late game.

1.28 and now the new patch have made it possible to do multiple important updates to the map, expect it to be the biggest update ever other than maybe 7.0(Map change from legacy to Azeroth).

I'd appreciate a wishlist for things, I don't promise everything getting added but I'll try to add as much as I can

here are a couple of suggestions for the map:

Add nightborne, withered (both high/blood elven whitered and night elven whitered), murlocs
If possible, increase map size (though that would probably mean making the whole map from skratch)

Level 18
Alright so before I post what I'm going to explain, I will clarify that development of the new version is continuing, but it will not be released until Sharpcraft or the official editor support Custom Tile Pathability and a higher limit of objects per map.

There are several features which I wanted to implement to the map which cannot be implemented as of now due to neither Sharpcraft nor the official world editor supporting big maps.

I could work around custom tile pathability although I'd have to place custom path props around all the map which isn't something that would be ideal. But I cannot save the map in the new editor with the amount of props that exist right now.

The development will continue on 1.27b but the map won't be released until after either the offiicial editor or Sharpcraft release the features that are needed for the map's development to continue.

Level 1
Heeeey i am sooo happy you are going to continue the project !!!! But could you make the ai ? Just a stupid one is good enough but just one to fill the void when playing solo :)

Level 18
Maybe in a future update after "8.6", this one is focused on content and polishing.

The update is delayed though because of the fact that JNGP is not gonna update to 1.30 and Sharpcraft/regular editor do not let me edit the map, I can only update some stuff in JNGP but some of the features are restricted to 1.30

I already made a post in the classic forums and in sharpcraft's page asking for them to implement 16 tile support, custom tile pathing and remove the doodad limit set to 5k doodads on the official editor/sharpcraft.

Level 1
Ok good ! Lets just hope it will be done fast so you dont have to endlessy wait for them and ty for the reply !!!

Level 18
Good news everyone, one of the 3 main requirements for the map to be updated was added in 1.30, 16 tile support on the main editor.

Now we just need custom pathing and doodad limit removal from the main editor, if you want a new version make sure to keep posting about that on the official forums.

Also, it seems like Mindworkx will be adding stuff like colorizer too to the main editor, if so we would be even closer to jngp being the official editor.

Level 10
Thats great! Glad you got some of that fixed. Lots of things should hopefully make a come back!

Goodluck, I am excited to see what you do with it now that you have so much experience!

If you need help with Java I can send you some info.

Oh for suggestions of what to add....

//// Major Possibly //// Might need to be tuned /// Legion Invasion (WOW Legion) - Varian Dies and Anduin is crowned king, Brokenshore / Suramar islands (as the maps now can be much larger!). Some demons spawn on the map (not infinitely can be playered controlled)

Race Ideas / Wishlist (Per your suggestion)

Mixed Alliance and horde races that can get multiple races to fight with it. (Needs to be researched or the capitals have to be taken in order to get specific racial units)

Void Elves (Maybe Just recruitable?)

Arakkoa Race - Mage / Priest race few warrior classes. (Maybe recruitable instead of a full on race?)

Azerite Caches - (Upgrades past maximum level of upgrades only happens after legion invasion, improving both health, armor, and damage)

Makgahora Orc Clans. (Draenor Clan choices)

Balance :

Non-spamable abilities (for non-rp mode?)

Add limit to all flying units

Last edited:
Level 18
By the way i did get your feedback and it's saved (not all of the things will get in though).

I was planning on this version being the biggest ever and by a lot, like probably around the same amount of changes that happened from 6.X to 7.3-4 or even more.

The thing is that when I tried saving the map I came with an error that doesn't allow me to use more than X amount of doodads on the map (default world editor).

I do have Jass New Gen Pack but it's limited to an older release of Warcraft 3 (1.27) and some of the features that I had planned for the map are related to the newer patches, so until that gets sorted out, I cannot realistically give the release date for the next version, sadly it'll have to wait some more.

Also if you're a fan of the map, I'd appreciate models for the units that use skins in the game (gnolls for example), because it seems like I'll have to port the game to reforged after that, and the custom models will be a heavy issue.

Level 1
HI. Have any guides for this map?(how recrut diffents hero in map) in one play i find trigger to get one hero, but i not remember what i have when play first to start this trigger, now constantly hero just dead and not joing to me...