• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c

Darklycan51 Presents

The World Of Azeroth
Created by Darklycan51

Map Info:
Well this is a kind of altered melee map but much better.
I've made it so you can Re-imagine how the wars in warcraft have passed but in
a simple melee map.

Features:

Select one of twenty Eight races to conquer azeroth, With Only five Workers You need to Build a base And create a great empire
Make allies and enemys For glory, Kill Illidan Or Kel'thuzad ! etc.

Races:
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Dwarven
  • NightElf
  • Undead
  • High Elfs/Blood Elfs
  • Fel Orc
  • Nerubians
  • Satyrs
  • Worgen
  • Ogres
  • Trolls
  • Golems
  • Goblins
  • Naga
  • Broken Draenei/Draenei
  • Gnolls
  • Tauren
  • Demons
  • Pandarens
  • Centaurs
  • Murlocs
  • Tuskarrs
  • Mage Hunters
  • Scarlet Crusade
  • Faceless Ones
  • Forsaken
  • Bandits

Those are the current Races I will probably add a few more.

Screenshots:

Kultiras:
Inside kultiras lies tandred proudmoore, admiral of Lordaeron
2ia9wtf.png

Sunwell boss:
The void Lord, a easy to start boss.
2uptpaf.png

Worgen:
Human form (footmans are morphing into worgen)

dbtm4k.png

Worgen:
Worgen form

r0v7up.png

Mage Hunter:
You can see most of their base (the big tower is the magic center)

2nrd8nd.png

Ogre gameplay:
A user Paillan showing us how to play the Ogres

Change Log:

Added:
  • Global Upgrades for the Night Elves
Removed:
  • Nothing
Fixed:
  • Tooltips
  • Hotkeys
Changed:
  • Collision size on big units
  • Naval units now have extra 150 range
  • Lots of balance changes (a lot to add).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Eagleman
  • Diegokopo
  • Paillan
  • Keltras
  • Darkcris
  • ]KeViN[
  • Persiaa
  • Lumix355
  • DragonBlood

Tutorials/Systems:
  • Kobas
  • Tickles
  • GangSpear
  • Darkgrom
  • Dr Super Good
  • Tank Commander
  • Magtheridon96
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Myself
Other:
  • :D

Author's notes:
Fanbar:
jl4c4h.png

link: http://i50.tinypic.com/jl4c4h.png
um i guess that thats all.
v Credits for the Description Template.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
azeroth,wars,melee,26,races,The,World,Of,Azeroth
Contents

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c (Map)

Reviews
17:47, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 18
Next version will have another batch of balance changes which include:
1) more masteries being added.
2) Ship routes (portals) to different places (example: booty bay gets you to the Barrens)
3)This change is still under thinking, would you guys like to train units fast like in azeroth wars? or you guys prefer a more slower unit creation like the one we have right now? (melee like).
4)More balancing in races.
5)Upgrades will go up to 8/8.

Level 1
hey the panda warriors samuri and sorcerors cant go on ships or air units. you should add an ai. other than that i really really like this map give it a 9/10

Level 18
I do know that they can't go into ships i already fixed it (going to be live in 8.6).

8.6 will have lot of major remakes which include:
Terrain remakes for lot of places.
Blood Elves and High Elves will be separated.
balance changes
Ship routes
more masteries
upgrades up to 8/8 (mage's upgrades will go up even more for normal mages but they will not give powers just hit points and mana/mana rege to balance the damage from normal units).

Level 18
something new?

I'm sorry for the lack of updates but it was because i'm focused on my work with another map i'm making right now.

I also did send the map to a terrainer and it ended in nothing he didn't do anything at all. (i wanted someone who could reterrain most routes and stuff to make it easier for people to build bases in)

Last edited:
Level 19
I'm sorry for the lack of updates but it was because i'm focused on my work with another map i'm making right now.

I also did send the map to a terrainer and it ended in nothing he didn't do anything at all. (i wanted someone who could reterrain most routes and stuff to make it easier for people to build bases in)

another map? D: that will end i you split in 2 projects ... about terrainers... i dunno.

Level 18
Yes, i'm very sorry for that i had worked on new update before i started working on my new map, the blood elfs were still missing so once i finish with this new map which is not that far away i finish the blood elfs and release the update quickly, sorry for making you guys wait.

Level 1
this map is one of the greatest i'VE seen:goblin_good_job: i just have a question
is the worker creator meant to be missing the pandaren worker and mage hunter worker?
PS: 1 of the nerubian buildings is not translated

Level 1
Hello, i just dl your map. very goood map for sure ;)
But i have a question, how to have various races. the command -worker did nothing. help me pls :))

Level 2
The map is amazing. I was just messing around in single player. And then I played it with some friends. We noticed some issues:
The three hyrdas of the Trolls cost the same. The ancient hydra should be VERY expansive.
It is easy to spam towers. To fix this, towers should be more expansive but more importently. A limit or a food cost. (2 food per tower is reasobnable)
Some races like the murlocs and centaurens don't have a late game punch. Ofcourse this is beceause they are wild races, so it is not necessarily to fix this.
And maybe adding more models like custom worgens should be cool. At least if the data is going to become too big.
I would also like to know how to get various races. To make a alliance between Demons and Fel Orcs for example. So I could play this with less people.
Thank you for the map, I will keep playing it!

Last edited:
Level 2
Various races

Hello, i just dl your map. very goood map for sure ;)
But i have a question, how to have various races. the command -worker did nothing. help me pls :))

I actually figured this one out. At the first around 60 seconds of the game, you have to type -rp for roleplay mode. After that you can use -worker. A worker barracks will spawn at the main island. This is roleplay mode and can be misused.

Level 18
Hi guys, i've uploaded the map i've been working on for the last year on Hive already, so maaybe i can consider doing a new version (finishing the one i had been working on) but don't get your hopes up i still don't know what am i going to do with my summer :|

Level 3
Dark, i played blood elves(high elves) idk what are they lol, it's a cool race, only bad thing is tooltip about farm, it's small thing, but it's not cool :) , then, i played fel orcs, their ''fel orc burrows'' take a lot of space and bring only 10 food, i think you should either give 15 food, or lower the space that building needs, and then i noticed fel orc heroes, those are 2 blademasters with same skills and same tooltip, kinda ugly to see, only difference between those 2 heroes are chaos and hero damage, idk why did u put 2 blademasters xD, otherwise race is cool. I noticed i get like 4 expierence for a lvl 4 unit killed, kinda too small :(, heroes still have some stupid skills - adds 5 points to intel etc. change that please if you have time ofc. Oh yes, that upgrade ultravision that night elves have, blood elves have it aswell and tooltip is wrong in the second case :). I am wondering can you make AI's, it will be really, really and really cool!

Level 18
First time today i played the map again since last year, i'm already saving balance feedback to change.

I lost the changelog of what i have done so far so 8.6 will only have the changelog of what i've done this days, previous stuff that i did in early 2013 won't be in the changelog (although it will be in the game, i just don't remember what changes i had done).

I'm gonna sepparate Elves into High Elves and Blood elves, gonna add Dark Irons and massive balance changes and a couple of system adds.

Expect next version this month. (or early february)

Hey dark, ever tought about using a custom mpq for this map?

I thought about it but that would reduce the Player pool A LOT.

Last edited:
Level 10
Oh wow I really liked this. Are you going to add tree regrowing? Like in Azeroth Wars? In item form?

I really liked this game.

And nice job on all the races. But I feel like There is something missing. Maybe the Argent Crusade, and many other factions but. I know you will get around to it! (also no Revenants ;.; my favorite race) Nice map Loved it.
4/5

(some bugs here and there. Though it was the 8.5 edition, so those might of been fixed.) RP mode btw is a blast, maybe you should get rid of Archimonde so game doesn't end in RP mode.

I like the secrets. Gold mines great idea for getting income, and also later on after both the continents have be taken, there is no more lumber, so for the last bit of a game I had, there was no more lumber, and all both of us could do is stare angrily at each other. Because there was no more lumber to be used.

Last edited:
Level 18
Oh wow I really liked this. Are you going to add tree regrowing? Like in Azeroth Wars? In item form?

I really liked this game.

And nice job on all the races. But I feel like There is something missing. Maybe the Argent Crusade, and many other factions but. I know you will get around to it! (also no Revenants ;.; my favorite race) Nice map Loved it.
4/5

(some bugs here and there. Though it was the 8.5 edition, so those might of been fixed.) RP mode btw is a blast, maybe you should get rid of Archimonde so game doesn't end in RP mode.

I like the secrets. Gold mines great idea for getting income, and also later on after both the continents have be taken, there is no more lumber, so for the last bit of a game I had, there was no more lumber, and all both of us could do is stare angrily at each other. Because there was no more lumber to be used.

I am aware of many of these issues i am already reverting some income related changes from older versions to new ones and improving some others.

---------

Btw guys: Any balance suggestion would be greatly appreciated, i will take into account all of your posts.

Last edited:
Level 10
I am aware of many of these issues i am already reverting some income related changes from older versions to new ones and improving some others.

---------

Btw guys: Any balance suggestion would be greatly appreciated, i will take into account all of your posts.

Chaos Orcs have a lot of air units.

Also Alliance race only has access to two heroes, all other races have three.

You could do Grathios or Knight of Lordaeron? Or any other hero (one that has agility or that has suitable utility.

Any race that has only two heroes has a big problem ahead of them.

Also Alliance race (The humans with Kirin Tor) can still train both global upgrades. How do you avoid this? You don't put it down on a castle ^.^ peasent + both upgrades negates this. So you place it on a building that doesn't build units. the Lumbermills come to mind. Also the assassin seems completely underpowered. And I also suggest that you rename the captains into Swordsmen. Also if you do the globalization ability with them, why would you want to get the Swordsmen? Because the Paladins are far better, even with the increase of health. From my fights constant heals and buffs win over units that have more health. Also if used right giving the Kirin Tor, polymorph is kind of..... overpowered. (with a macro/micro that I have I decimated an entire army with kirin tor. Manashields + polymorph + aoe = overpowered I polymorphed an entire army. Also Knights becoming paladins? I get that warcraft 2 did that but, where is my heavy meele unit then? I basically have multi-manage both my knights and my kirin tor.) Elves kind of seeming to be missing something. I really like them as a race though. Actually I like all the races. Except demons are really missing that Heavy Meele unit. As most of their units have heavy armor, one race goes all support with magic damage, the demons are just wiped out. It would be amazing to have access to doom guard but you could only build a certain amount of them, or a unit that can cast buffs to your units or a healer unit. They are actually quite a bit as a race. (But dang are those infernals strong)

Bandits also have very powerful healers (two, a healing ward and a normal heal, but a thought kept coming up, why doesn't the human player have access to another support unit?) (But again the upgrades don't seem to work, the only one that seems to work is the Gryphon Aviary, you just need to get the requirements for each race right)

Bandits and Fel Orcs are probably the two strongest and most powerful out of all the races. Fel orcs for some reason have access to unlimited flying, and Bandits can increase their income with building those banks, Which makes them extremely powerful in a game.

Blood Elves and Scarlet Crusade are quite good.

Undead seem underpowering.

Humans are fun but feel like they are missing a few units. (Kirin Tor are extremely powerful, personally I would like them to have more human stuff. Because basically they have just as many dwarves, well three units to be exact)

Trolls are powerful and as are Naga.

For each race there should be three support units, three main units, three siege units and three heroes, and sometimes three air units. (But for maps like this keep at two or one. Three means that race basically rules the skies.)

Also The Scarlet crusade should be able to choose between, The Argent Dawn, The Scarlet Crusade or the Scarlet Crusade (Corrupted).

Also it would be awesome to have Elite units. So these units are limited in production but are extremely expensive. (they are mini heroes basically)

Also it would be awesome if you could collect warcraft legend items. The Arathor and Stormguarde are also missing. (also Stormguarde during my games is the easiest place to take because of it's access to the sea. It is waayyy too close to the sea. Also it would be interesting if you put down actual bases that don't produce anything but they give regional bonuses to the people who control it.

Also the recipes and everything I approve. But it is really easy to stack blood stones. Is there a way to make it so a hero can only have 1 per an inventory? Because I saw a worgen player put it down on one of heroes his hero was basically unkillable with 6 blood stones. Also it seems to me that it is extremely hard to level up. Every game I have played my heroes have only barely managed to get to level 10

Again, I love having me and my friends host this map it is a complete blast to play competitively just for fun.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yo I dont even know if your still alive or not. But can I ask you how keys work?

Example moon key,blood key,sun,key

Last edited: