• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Flower Icon Bouquet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10

We've got battle-ready tanks on the Hive. We've got trees equipped with wooden weapons. We've even got ancient horrors that will cause insanity.
But sometimes it's nice to stop and smell the roses (which we've also got on the Hive).

That's right, this month's resource highlight is what I'm calling the Ultimate Bouquet of Flower Icons. Inspired by the spirit of gardening, and my local flower festival that happened the other weekend, this is your reference to find an assortment of flower-related icons for a variety of uses.

Have a look to see if any icons catch your eye.

The Real Deal Flowers

You're looking for real flowers of different varieties for one reason or another. Well, here's a good selection to pick from created by a number of different artists.

Action-Ability Plants
When you've got an active flower-based ability that needs a good looking icon, here's some good candidates to browse. They're a bit more than just the flower top and also have a bit more depth to them.

Sentient Flora
Looking for a flower with a bit of life to it? Perhaps a bit too much life? These icons by Kuhneghetz and Kimbo may be exactly what you need. A predatory plant of pain (with a model to match) and sunflower with eyes are perfect assets for your garden defence map.

For Your True Love
Love is in the air and you need an icon to resemble that. Well, viiva and PrinceYaser have created 2 perfect icons to look at. The "Charm" hand is perfect when you need an icon to say "give flower". But, the less specific rose bush can also spell romance without the hand.

The Full List

Full credit goes to the 16+ different people that created these 27 icons.
Anachron, Viiva, JollyD, Kuhneghetz, LiOneSS, exN, Kola, PrinceYaser, Juice_F, San, Golden-Drake, KelThuzad, Pyrite, NFWar, Hemske, Kimbo, and some extras from Blizzard.

Hope you enjoyed this month's coverage of flower icons. Remember, you can always recommend resources for future spotlights! Send me a message and I'll look at adding it to the list.
You can also suggest other collections of icons you'd like to see covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.