1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Flower Icon Bouquet

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Landmine, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Landmine

Landmine

Multimedia Manager

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    We've got battle-ready tanks on the Hive. We've got trees equipped with wooden weapons. We've even got ancient horrors that will cause insanity.
    But sometimes it's nice to stop and smell the roses (which we've also got on the Hive).

That's right, this month's resource highlight is what I'm calling the Ultimate Bouquet of Flower Icons. Inspired by the spirit of gardening, and my local flower festival that happened the other weekend, this is your reference to find an assortment of flower-related icons for a variety of uses.

Have a look to see if any icons catch your eye.

The Real Deal Flowers

You're looking for real flowers of different varieties for one reason or another. Well, here's a good selection to pick from created by a number of different artists.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Action-Ability Plants
    When you've got an active flower-based ability that needs a good looking icon, here's some good candidates to browse. They're a bit more than just the flower top and also have a bit more depth to them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sentient Flora
    Looking for a flower with a bit of life to it? Perhaps a bit too much life? These icons by Kuhneghetz and Kimbo may be exactly what you need. A predatory plant of pain (with a model to match) and sunflower with eyes are perfect assets for your garden defence map.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For Your True Love
    Love is in the air and you need an icon to resemble that. Well, viiva and PrinceYaser have created 2 perfect icons to look at. The "Charm" hand is perfect when you need an icon to say "give flower". But, the less specific rose bush can also spell romance without the hand.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Full List

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Full credit goes to the 16+ different people that created these 27 icons.
    Anachron, Viiva, JollyD, Kuhneghetz, LiOneSS, exN, Kola, PrinceYaser, Juice_F, San, Golden-Drake, KelThuzad, Pyrite, NFWar, Hemske, Kimbo, and some extras from Blizzard.

Hope you enjoyed this month's coverage of flower icons. Remember, you can always recommend resources for future spotlights! Send me a message and I'll look at adding it to the list.
    You can also suggest other collections of icons you'd like to see covered.

2. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love that Blizzard's own art made it into this list! Anyway, what a fun idea. I would dare say that this list of icons also crosses into the territory of "horrors that will cause insanity" with Kimbo's BTNPlantyIcon.

3. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    One of these icons remind me of Death and Decay. Awesome display of resources.

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Coolio. I like these

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @San will always be the one and only true flower of this website.
    But the icons are nice I guess. :p