1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Two Rivers (Distance Tool Demo)

Submitted by Aniki
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Distance Tool

A tool for measuring distances in-game. Could be helpful for balancing out melee maps, I guess.

How to import:
1 Import/Copy the object data (5 abilities, 2 units) from the demo map.
2 Modify the distance tool trigger to reflect the rawcodes/object-ids for the objects from step 1.

How to use:
Select the unit that spawns at the center of the map and use it's abilities.
Contents

The Two Rivers (Distance Tool Demo) (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
This resource proves itself very useful, as it already provides a lot of functionality, such that the users will only ever have to manipulate the generated unit by the system. Notes: Function names leave a lot to be desired. Do improve them...
  1. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    When this is a really good idea, ill not this cuz i already know how it works :D but i must credit you for this idea, this is very useful for those who dont know how to do this, also useful for MOBA makers :D.

2. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Cool.
    • The import line should be removed.
    • I guess I would prefer order/right clicking on a point for creating a path point over creating at unit position
    • Some built-in, or used zoom cam functionality could be useful, too.
    • What about path point ability to assign prev/next path point.

3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This resource proves itself very useful, as it already provides a lot of functionality, such that the users will only ever have to manipulate the generated unit by the system.

Notes:

• Function names leave a lot to be desired. Do improve them according to the JPAG
    • By extension, documentation of the features would prove very much useful, which is lacking.

• Awaiting Update

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A lot of missing dependencies have been detected. It might help to expose these as the map would not otherwise compile with that trigger active.