• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Just felt like making something structured like being as I haven't done any terrains in awhile.

wc3scrnshot110610190941.jpg

wc3scrnshot110610224656.jpg

wc3scrnshot111210200513.jpg

V2
Made tower taller.
Added flags.
Added statues.

V3
Made it a more steam punk look.
Added things to make it less empty.
And other stuffff.

Last edited:
Level 5
I hope that's a work in progress...

Kinda reminds me of the Magi Tower in Dragon Age Origins. All you'd need now is a dock... :p

But it's just way too simple to be.. finished?

Level 19
It needs a new angle. Currently all your attention is drawn to the right of the picture while the center and right is.. empty. Make it so that there's something to see in the center of the picture as well.

Looks really cool IMO. If you could just fill in the emptiness it would look epic. I don't have an idea with what your aiming to make here, but mountains in the background coming from the fog would look good. If I were you I would put a land under the big tower instead of water, it would give you the possibility to add more details and fill the emptiness. A good idea would also be to connect those two statues to the big tower with an archway or something. Good job nevertheless.

Level 13
Im gonna keep this terrain on hold while I think of a good/epic way to fill in space though some of these suggestions are pretty good.

Level 7
I dont know if this is just me, but when i look the picture, it seems like the Orthanc tower from "Lord of the Rings" Maybe you got the idea from there? uh? :ogre_haosis: For my rookie eye it look pretty good, but like the other already said, you should make something more to this picture. My personal opinion would be, that you should add something to the bridge. Maybe a small towers, or you can make it floating city. That would be pretty epic too in my opinion.

Level 21
Very awesome man.
Kinda reminds me of a secret location for a base of wizards and their worker drones to stay.

Level 13
I like the white background but I may add some more lighting effects like turn it into a night version with all these torches/fires around.

Level 23
Now that I started terraining again myself, I will comment in the terraining section more again instead of only looking.
So you will get the first comment for now :p

If I take a look at the development of this terrain, I have to say that this went through some major changes. While in the first screenshot your tower looked a bit more medieval or ancient. The latest tower now looks steampunkish in a way (thanks to pyra's models, which you mostly used very nice, too)
I really like how you created building like things out of it.
But even though the technique is mostly nice, the changes are not fully positive in my opinion, by placing more and more things, the terrain lost in points of atmosphere. The lonely tower with the bridge could have so much atmosphere in it, that was lost by adding all the things around, mainly the buildings. The rocks would have been a nice addition if they would have been placed without the "buildings" on them. But by those, the atmosphere is kinda destroyed in my opinion. Even though the background idea is nice and you stated you like it, you could add a lot more to it, remember the glow model from utm is your friend to create a custom sky that looks more interesting and could improve the atmosphere of this terrain a lot. And hell, atmosphere is what this terrain is about!
Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.