• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The spirits of Ashenvale 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The spirits of Ashenvale

*___Version_1.0___*

Gameplay:
So i made a replay for you guys Orc Gameplay - Difficult Normal,but you should know that u can't open it without to download the map ,and to put it in your warcraft 3 map folder

Features & Gamestuff:
-you can surrender
-Custom Decoration
-InGame you can find in "info(F9)"all SinglePlayer cheats.

Map Contains:
-6 green creep camps
-6 orange creep camps
-2 red creep camps
-1 fountain of health
-1 fountain of mana
-2 goblin merchants
-1 goldmine for every player on start with 30,000 gold
-2 goldmines with 20,000 gold

Report:
Send me a pm on my hiveworkshop.com account THE Bora_Balboa,or send it to my email [email protected] .

Credits:
Author or Creator of everything on the map:THE Bora_Balboa

InGame Commands:
-surrender(-surr):that command is in use when u give up,in main to lose the game faster,use this command.
-commands(-cmds):shows all available commands.

ChangeLog:
Nothing changed

Screenshots:
yeFqBVM.png
skjGJ24.png
zFYn8Hw.png
ZfBqMTc.png
4avdoJL.png
E3v48QB.png
RVmybeL.png
5sZidph.png
ixSu1vN.png
E25sHRc.png
sdJAnRg.png
NTfxlTY.png
WXT1Jkk.png
IPNzMD1.png
LBFOzel.png
uVF6rGv.png
Keywords:
Nature, Wilderness, Magic Place, Wild.
Contents

The spirits of Ashenvale 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
21:54, 9th Oct 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: My comment
Level 32
This is not an Altered Melee map. The only thing that differentiates the map from melee maps is the two useless commands and a few custom decorations. Remember that altered melee maps need to be significantly altered to make a player feel like they're not playing a regular melee match throughout the game. These are extremely minor changes which are false advertised to be innovative. Why have -cmnds (commands) if that's only one of the two commands? Why have -surr if it has the exact, I repeat, the exact same effect as clicking quit? I don't understand. They don't hurt, but I recommend to remove them as they are useless. Do remove it from the description features, it makes it seem like it's a thing that changes the game.

The terrain is average. There is nothing wrong with the visuals of the map, but there are quite a few things you can improve.

The tiles, while varied, don't blend. The tiles chosen can blend, but they are randomly placed everywhere. Try to smoothly create naturally looking pathways instead of "polka-dotting" the map with tiles. It looks fine but melee maps usually look better with slightly defined pathways in the ashenvale tileset. You under use the rough dirt blending with the regular dirt blending with the grassy dirt and so on.

The height levels are fair, with my only nitpick being the outer blizzard cliffs - and that still is somewhat a forced nitpick. I think most would say that a slight boost of raise difference on ground level and less on the cliffs would make it a tad bit better looking.

The decor was pretty average as well. Everything is very standard for an ashenvale map besides the nice touch of the custom landmarks in the corners. The "custom" statue isn't anything special, though.

The gameplay of the map features acceptable but maybe no ideal balance. Everything about balance can be said here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...tive-melee-map-252987/index2.html#post2536659 Remember that not all melee maps have to be balanced. There are a few players who like imbalanced ones but it does seem that you're aiming for moderate symmetry in the map so I recommend you follow most of those guidelines. To specifically point out one thing, the top right has more trees in its starting point.

Does your map offer unique gameplay? It's a melee map where pathway control and scouting is key since there are four-five-ish thin paths to the enemy. It's not unique but it could be a fresh play for many who play the simple, 2-3 wide path melee map, which is most. It does not have taverns which has been known to be a favorite, but it doesn't affect too much people.

Anyway, map set to needs fix mostly based off of what I've said in the first paragraph.

NOTE: Switched map type to melee.