• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Heart of Ashenvale

The Heart of Ashenvale

On the map is:
8 Goldmines x4 12500; x4 15000
4 goblin workshop
4 shops goblin
1 tavern

Features: 4 players
16 orange creep camps
16 green creep camps

All Map Screen:
915U2.jpg

ENJOY! ! !

***Update***
-Approx statues Cenarius to tavern;
-Fixed bug with peaks near lakes;
-Added 4 passes for the players;

Keywords:
1x1, The Heart of Ashenvale, Melee, GGoblin maps
Contents

The Heart of Ashenvale (Map)

Reviews
19:51, 14th Jun 2014 Orcnet: Gameplay value is somehow decent and well executed, except for the starting locations please add creep camps for it since its a 4 player room size, considerable for 1 on 1 matches. Terrain is really concerns me and...

M

19:51, 14th Jun 2014
Orcnet: Gameplay value is somehow decent and well executed, except for the starting locations please add creep camps for it since its a 4 player room size, considerable for 1 on 1 matches.

Terrain is really concerns me and especially that funky long cliff you could have alteast made a doodad wall of rocks or spires of some sort to give in detail, but still game play mechanics is fit.

Can be approved, but do remember adding the starting location some creeps.

A really short review
1. It is not really good that there is no other way/passage to attack your opponent but at the center where clog of units might occur. You can add some more passages for early harassment.
2. Spacing of trees might trap a unit. It is a good idea to place the trees in a way that pathing of each trees coincide each other so that smaller units will not get trapped.
3. I could see doodads all around, this is nice.
4. Some parts of the terrain needs to be smoothen.
5. Be careful with using shallow and deep waters. Please, refer to the attached image on what I am saying.
6. Item drops are just OK.
7. The map might not be perfectly symmetrical but could be acceptable.

To some up, you need to fix the map in terms of what I said. These are not that difficult to do.
attachment.php

Attachments

• The Heart of Ashenvale.jpg
    The Heart of Ashenvale.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,529