1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The SiegeBreaker

Discussion in 'Development' started by CloudWolf, Nov 11, 2009.

1. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you've played the latest version of D3W you will notice the new model for the final siegebreaker boss! However, you'll also notice that his claws are in-game attachments and look a tad out of place :)

We'll be improving and updating the model over the coming weeks, and would love to get your feedback!

Below are some screenshots of the models current status:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All comments and feedback are welcome :D good or bad!

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, looks great! Didn't he have a mouth? I remember him picking someone up in the first gameplay video and tearing a barbarian to shreds... I think.

3. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    haha yea =] It's one of the SiegeBreakers most iconic abilities.

However It would be rather unfair if the Siegebreaker could 1 hit KO a player with no warning, so I'm unsure how to implement it :p Plus it would be incredibly hard to create an animation for it too :(

I'll think of something though :)

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could use a trigger like "Animation - Attach BARBARIAN to right hand of SIEGEBREAKER" or whatever while an animation plays that makes him put his hand to his mouth.

5. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Forget it, doing this via triggers wouldn't look good and yet would be almost impossible to do.
    Also it couldn't be done without adding an animation that moves one of his hands to his mouth.
    I think doing this on Wc3 is a bit over the top... and in case it should look at least decent it would require tons of work :/

The model so far is fine, better fitting than the standard pit lord of course but still lacking overall.
    Am interested in how it turns out.

6. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea :) On the agenda we've got:

- Add some large claws to his hands
    - Feet instead of hooves
    - If possible, some better attack animations

At present, the model uses all the pit lord animations which obviously are designed for a two handed weapon. While the attack animations look ok, they could be better :p

7. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yah, the I think attack smash animation however greatly represents the ground stomp animation of the Siegebreaker, it's almost identical ^.^

8. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with Na Dann, some animations fit really well and the base model choice was a good decision. But yeah, needs model edits and animation modifications would be a huge plus. :D

9. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    what about the ancient's "eat tree"

10. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well would slightly fit for the animation but...
    How do you expect it to be coded/ animated so that the siege breaker actually takes the Barbarian, directs him to his mouth,bites his head off and then throw him away.

I think that would require the whole one animation itself to include the barbarian model and it's head-rip-off animation. There's no chance you gonna do that decent looking with just scripting.

11. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aye lol, its not really possible to make it exactly like the real thing :p I'm sure I can come up with something similar though :D

12. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or you can just get some modeler to add the hero models to 4 diff animations (the siegebreaker eating them) and animate them gettin eaten and thrown and then all you need to do is trigger which animation has to play based on who gets eaten which is easy and kill the unit thats gettin eaten.

13. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And that would not require any work at all, and it wouldent increase the file size anything either! how epic! :D
    not? :O

CloudWolf does what he want to do, and i dont think making animations and all that is a good idea.. the ability would get imba anyway.. Atleast in this kind of map, and we do not know what happens when a player just... dies?...

Seriously, do you just die and nothing more happens in diablo 3? Seems kinda wierd that a boss would have an instant kill attack if you ask me :O

14. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    And noone has common sense and cant think of how to make it balanced!
    not? :O

And the increase is bothering you ?
    For such a boss you should be saving some space.

15. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We should not abuse the space we have for the map..
    I mean, seriously... I would rather see some hack'n'slash boss battle for siegebreaker then waing 20 sec to see him eat me & then just spit me out so i loose half my health.

You should do the things thats not possible in warcraft 3 without ALOT of work after you have done the things that actually is possible to do and goes faster to add.
    Otherwise you can expect something like this:
    Version note:
    1.20:
    SiegeBreaker can not eat you and remove 1/2 of your health
    1.21: Skeleton king will now be able to swap body with you making you much more valneruable becouse of your weak bone body.
    1.22: Thousand Pounder can now slam with both his weapons and deal massive damage to units that is slamed between his weapons, and he will be able to stomp on the ground making earthquakes and make the room fall apart making flying obsticles..

And such things. If we would focus on making such things, we wouldent have time to make more then just like 1 or 2 things for each version.

16. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a kill animation. Basically when the siege breaker does more damage than the heroes have left it displays that animation so basically it is a kill animation.

17. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You my friend are a genious :) That would make it much more balanced ;)

18. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is where the revives comes into place..
    Wouldent it be wierd if you like... die and get eaten, then one second after the animation, your back to normal again : p

19. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah not a problem but I simply don't see how we're going to accomplish that.

The problem is that we're constantly in need of new models and such that we simply can't afford it.

Even getting that beast was a hassle.

20. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    C'mon, first of all that's s.th. I already mentioned and... seriously. "Just"?
    I wanna see how a modeler will say, oh, just 4 animations where different models get their head bitten off :pnewt: