1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

v1.18 Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by CloudWolf, Jul 31, 2009.

1. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We in the D3W project team are proud to announce the official release of v1.18 :)

Its been a long haul but its finally here! We're still very much in BETA, and would love to hear your feedback, suggestions and bug reports :)

2. bigapple90

bigapple90

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    awesome

3. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Read my report here

4. mannenabo

mannenabo

Resources:
    Resources:
    bleh, I see you have a protected version this time, can you add a cam unlock version in next patch? cant be arsed playing with a locked cam..

however, great map otherwise

5. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    finally released. Awesome. Btw, we've discovered some guys which we're hurrying to fix. So please wait with downloading the map until later this morning. :p

6. Xezko

Xezko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    /Me is happy.

7. Thyrael

Thyrael

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't know if this is the right spot.

I'm not sure if that is intended, but I managed to solo the game as mage last night. Seems to me that the mage is kinda overpowered, cause the pulse kills almost every enemy with a single blow. Think about raising the hp by 10-15% while playing singleplayer. Nevertheless, very nice adaption. Some graficbugs in the inventory(wrong icons, flashing borders). The terrain is indeed very nice.

8. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map has an Autobalance trigger which balances the map depending on the number of players :) In solo, creeps have 1/6 of the normal HP so its a lot easier to kill stuff in solo :)

If you play the map with 6 players, the creeps will be a lot harder to compensate for it :)

But yea, i know what you mean :p the system could do with some tweaking in a few places :D

9. Xezko

Xezko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well, two things:
    First, i played it solo with barbarian and its kinda impossible to finish. I think the range classes has more possibilities to win this because of the amount of melee monster. Really, i dont sure why but with barbarian is kinda impossible in solo.
    And im not just a newbie that cant play, i played with barbarian in D2 since 2002. :(

Second, I cant find credits to me for the Wd model in the download page. Neither in the game. :(

Anyway, i love what you did with terrain and other stuff.
    I would like if you put more lives, or a system diablo-like when you revive in the start of the map.

Cya! :D

10. deathduelist

deathduelist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone (been stalking these forums for awhile :p) well i just finished the whole map by myself... it seems that the witch doctor's a little bit too OP... And the barbarian seems too weak, he might need a little more hp or more damage or at least more attack speed without stamina. I haven't tried the wizard yet but the map is excellent. I love the terrain and the mass of ghouls coming at you. This map is perfect. (well a few bugs but its only beta as you mentioned )

11. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Holy moly! How did I manage that? o_O I'll add your name to the main page, and the next update lol

Soz bout that :)

12. rednas3636

rednas3636

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry,but i can't play it >.>
    can someone help me?

13. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    More info first

14. rednas3636

rednas3636

Resources:
    Resources:
    cant open it wiht the world editor: 'critical error etc.'
    but on wc, when i try to choose on 'custom game', the map doesnt appear:eek:

15. HyperActive

HyperActive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is protected, that's why you can't open it with the world editor. Perhaps you haven't finished downloading it, check the file size. Also, you can try to put it into another folder Maps\Download\.

16. rednas3636

rednas3636

Resources:
    Resources:
    surprizingly, put it in that folder worked
    thvm : )))))))))))))

17. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oO
    Gonna test it now, even with low framerate^^

I'll give a little review later.

Edit:
    So just played a bit now, but I got some stuff:
    -Level up fully regenerates you. I know that this occurs in D2 (and probably D3) as well but there you don't level each minute...
    Thus I suggest that the heroes just regenerate a percentage. Because especially in early game you don't really need to worry about anything.
    -Although the UI is great I dislike the fact, that the inventory hides the angel statue now. Maybe just remove it.
    -Mana Potion has the Life Potion in the extra inventory
    -I strongly dislike the new cursor. While in normal form it looks great I really dislike the sword for example. It should point in the upper left corner instead of bottom right. Also it looks a bit too slim. And I cannot find a favor in the spell target cursor either.
    -At one part, before you fight the first Dark Berserkers I think there is a weird red glow going around oO

The terrain (especially the bridge) got greatly improved as far as I saw it^^

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  18. madqc

madqc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes thats a good thing i suggest 50% regeneration/lvl i think its reasonable.

19. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like the regeneration :p
    Try to play 6 player and you see what i mean.
    You will almost never level up and it will be more balanced, becouse the map is made for 6 players but we made a system to make it easier to play with few people, but it still lack some stuff.

20. Mizuchiro

Mizuchiro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could put the changelog in the game description =D
    I'm waiting for the monk class a lot
    Great job everyone ! 100/10