• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

v1.18 Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I thought ide provide everyone with a checklist, just so we know exactly what needs doing before v1.18 can be released :) The checklist below is required for minimal functionality only :) If any of you guys have been working on additional features, we can still put them into the v1.18 release so long as they're finished ;)
XOv1.18 to do list
O
New Camera System for gameplay / inventory
O
Allow items to have multiple abilities
O
Finish multiboard descriptions for all items
O
Fix Inventory Bug (certain item-types do not work)
Fix the REALLY old bridge bug
We finally managed to sort out a solution to the bug where bridges became invisible from a certain distance!
X = To be done.
O = In progress.
= Done.

Soon as those few things are done, we can begin doing some public tests :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
Naaah, dansaDisco came up with a solution :p It used to disspaear because it was a destructible, but we could make it a doodad because then it wouldnt be walkable lol.

So! Basically, the bridge model is now a unwalkable doodad, but with invisible platforms underneath :D

Cant you just have the doodad and a destructible on each other? xD
Or would that look wierd cus they are inside each other?

Level 16
I thought ide provide everyone with a checklist, just so we know exactly what needs doing before v1.18 can be released :) The checklist below is required for minimal functionality only :) If any of you guys have been working on additional features, we can still put them into the v1.18 release so long as they're finished ;)
XOv1.18 to do list
O
New Camera System for gameplay / inventory
O
Allow items to have multiple abilities
O
Finish multiboard descriptions for all items
O
Fix Inventory Bug (certain item-types do not work)
Fix the REALLY old bridge bug
We finally managed to sort out a solution to the bug where bridges became invisible from a certain distance!
X = To be done.
O = In progress.
= Done.

Soon as those few things are done, we can begin doing some public tests :D

you forgive the new witch doctor model! xD

Level 17
When 1.19 i can sign up for making the checklist.
It was i that designed the table afterall xD (haha, gotcha CW)
And im the guy that wants it to be perfect when its about stuff like this.
You wont even be able to read the entire list becouse its to big, mwoahahahahaha!

Level 19
Im sure he wont find everything that is changed from 1.17 to 1.18 and will use this classic message insted "...And much, much more!" or "...And many other features." or something similar xP

Lets just spare days of our lives from actually trying. This 'expansion' of an update contains fixes, updates, content, new models...(list goes on... (Hmm, there is no ending)) than all of previous updates combined!

Level 2
Hi guys, I'm a german player of your mod.
I'm really hoping you get done with 1.18 until 30th July since I'm making a LAN then with some friends and we would enjoy playing the new version alot.

We've played 1.17 last LAN quite often, was a lot of fun.

So, my question ?

Is it realistic you get things done until 30th ?

Level 6
I'm really hoping you get done with 1.18 until 30th July since I'm making a LAN then with some friends and we would enjoy playing the new version alot.

So, my question ?

i read somewhere that they finished it but they need to fix some glitches before releasing it.

Level 19

So, my question ?

Well, we're not done yet and I can't tell when we will be done. Atm we've found a solution to a bug which has prevented us from releasing the map. If everything goes well we might release it shortly.

Anyway, if we don't manage to release the map before the LAN party just make a request for a protected test version of 1.18.

Level 6
Well, we're not done yet and I can't tell when we will be done. Atm we've found a solution to a bug which has prevented us from releasing the map. If everything goes well we might release it shortly.

Anyway, if we don't manage to release the map before the LAN party just make a request for a protected test version of 1.18.

can i have one too?

Level 2

If you offer this, everyone will request this version. Just like me, too :thumbs_up:

Level 17
Wow.. We are not planing to just give it away to anyone everyone, but if he wants it for the LAN then i think we can manage to do something about it, but im not sure if we should just give away an unstable version to people that requests it.
So dont expect to much everyone, but maybe CW will host a game or two on b.net soon, we can always hope ^^

Level 6
Wow.. We are not planing to just give it away to anyone everyone, but if he wants it for the LAN then i think we can manage to do something about it, but im not sure if we should just give away an unstable version to people that requests it.
So dont expect to much everyone, but maybe CW will host a game or two on b.net soon, we can always hope ^^

we can dream too ^^

Level 6
I dream about the real deal (Diablo 3) insted of a beta version of this mod :p
Not that i get the latest version just by asking but w/e. :]

i dream about both of them but a bit more for diablo 3 :)

Naaah, dansaDisco came up with a solution :p It used to disspaear because it was a destructible, but we could'nt make it a doodad because then it would'nt be walkable lol.

So! Basically, the bridge model is now an unwalkable doodad, but with invisible platforms underneath :D

Do you want to fix your bridges the proper way? if so, the problem is the model's Extents. Extents tell the game how far away the camera can be and still show the model. So, to fix your model's dissapearing problem give it bigger extent sizes. Note: each anim also has its own extent size so make sure to increase them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.