• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rumor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I love how there is an Evil Dead quote at the bottom :p

For all of you not in the know, Evil Dead is a series of horr-comedy movies, and "Hail to the King, baby" is one of Ash (the mainc character)'s most famous lines.

That's also where all of the "Boomstick" stuff comes from too.

Level 13
Whaddya know. They really DID whip something up at BlizzCon.
Frosty.jpg
That item is fake. It was shown in Blizzcon as a joke. I believe blizz said something like "At first we were going to make the Frostmourne available to the player and the one wielding it turns into the lich King, but there is a problem with that". After they said that the pic turned from the Frosmourne to a Dwarf/Gnome character using Frostmourne and using Arthas's armor and the Crown. The character yelled "I'm the Lich King LOL!" So yeah I wouldn't want people going like that on a server.

Level 6
Wielding Frostmourne.. say goodbye to WoW, ladies.

As I see it, DK will inevitably ruin WoW. The original classes will become extinct, and DK will be the most OP idea in all of MMORPG history.

Level 26
That item is fake. It was shown in Blizzcon as a joke. I believe blizz said something like "At first we were going to make the Frostmourne available to the player and the one wielding it turns into the lich King, but there is a problem with that". After they said that the pic turned from the Frosmourne to a Dwarf/Gnome character using Frostmourne and using Arthas's armor and the Crown. The character yelled "I'm the Lich King LOL!" So yeah I wouldn't want people going like that on a server.
That was kinda obvious, considering the Equip text.

Level 36
Wielding Frostmourne.. say goodbye to WoW, ladies.

As I see it, DK will inevitably ruin WoW. The original classes will become extinct, and DK will be the most OP idea in all of MMORPG history.

Not necessarily. Blizzard wont makwe it that great. It will be like any new toy. Remember when Bc came out and there was this mass of Draenei and Blood Elves? Yeah, that wore off fast once people figured out that they weren't anything special. It'll be the same with this. There will be hordes of Death Knights for the first few months, but it will die down once all of the useful classes are needed again. After all you can't do an instance with only Death Knights, you need variation to succeed.

Okay everyone.. Its come to my attention that if you really can kill Arthas/Lich King 100% than Frostmourne will not be dropped. It will be destroyed in the process of his death.

Wirt's Leg is in Warcraft III too as a Campaign Item too.

More Hero classes will come in the future.
I myself will make a Death Knight but delete him later, hehe. Just try one out.

Also Death Knights are only possible to make after you finish a level 80 quest much similar to the Druid Epic Flight Form Quest or Warlock Epic Mount Quest. When you make a Death Knight it starts at a high level. Possibly 60 or so.

Level 26
Well, in Diablo, Wirt was someone who lost his leg to demons and uses a peg.
In Diablo 2, there was a corpse of Wirt that you could loot, one item being wirt's leg. If you combined wirt's leg with a tome of town portal, you could open up a portal to go to the secret cow level, where you fight hell bovine and the cow king!
In Starcraft, the cheat to win was thereisnocowlevel
In warcraft 3, you could get wirt's leg and wirt's other leg.
In WoW, you could get wirt's third leg o.0

Level 36
Uh, it's only one of the biggest (if not the biggest) PC release for 2007. This game has so much press.

It's not Diablo, it's BETTER. The only thing that irks me: Hellgate is the first single player game in history that you have to pay-to-play online.

With the BattleNet and ArenaNet technologies behind them, you'd think these guys could find a way to make it free, but noooooo they just HAVE to charge you ten bucks a month though.

And the game is really great, i've been playing the demo all day.

Level 14
What, now we shall expect to see London in WoW?

Actually, it's been an year and a half since Hellgate was announced.

I wonder: They say that we will be able to play with Death Knights:

Q1: Death Knights' starting zone.

I think I've found it... there's an empty place between Icecrown and Sholazar. Look:
northrend.jpg

Ideal, just next to Socurge's lands.

Q2: Races

Well, all races or only some?

I don't see Taurens as death knights. Or Draenei. Maybe only:

Alliance:
Human
Gnome
Dwarf

Horde:
Undead
Orc
Blood Elf

Still, BE and Dwarfs are some strange to become DKs.

another thing: The Old Gods. I expect to see them NOT imprisoned and alive in Northrend. After all, The Forgotten one was there. But if Old Gods show up, will they be beneath or above Arthas' difficulty level?

Level 36
Hmm, about Hellgate London, though, it blowes, i'm afraid. Played the demo and was shocked to find that it did not at all live up to it's predecessors.

I don't think they're quite ready to introduce the Old Gods yet either, they'll just go on making Northrend pretending they're not there if you ask me.

Level 11
What, now we shall expect to see London in WoW?

Actually, it's been an year and a half since Hellgate was announced.

I wonder: They say that we will be able to play with Death Knights:

Q1: Death Knights' starting zone.

I think I've found it... there's an empty place between Icecrown and Sholazar. Look:

Ideal, just next to Socurge's lands.

Q2: Races

Well, all races or only some?

I don't see Taurens as death knights. Or Draenei. Maybe only:

Alliance:
Human
Gnome
Dwarf

Horde:
Undead
Orc
Blood Elf

Still, BE and Dwarfs are some strange to become DKs.

another thing: The Old Gods. I expect to see them NOT imprisoned and alive in Northrend. After all, The Forgotten one was there. But if Old Gods show up, will they be beneath or above Arthas' difficulty level?

1) DK's will not start in Northrend considering the fact they will be level 60 or llower when created, though no one really knows this for sure cept blizzard.

2) ATM they have said they plan on letting any race become a DK but you never know what may change.

Level 2
1/ Deathknights, as said, won't start in Northrend. The quest to BECOME a DeathKnight will begin in Northrend and of course DeathKnights won't have a home city as they're a Hero Class, not a Race.

2/ Blizzard have said they want every race to be a DK, but if they deprive Gnomes of it, I'll kill 'em. :)

3/ Arthas will, guaranteed (Practically) be the strongest boss in Northrend. Naxxramas being among the raids also. Also with Naxx, they're re-releasing Tier 3 with updated stats.

Level 36
What in god's name could be more powerful than Arthas (with the exception of the old God's which don't count because we should NOT get a chance to fight them, being able to kill an immortal fire elemental is already bad enough).

And your character does not become a Deathknight... I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, you get a DEath Knight character premade at level 60 or somesuch after completing the quest chain.

Examples...

Dwarf Death Knight > Thane Korth'azz > in Naxxramas
Human Death Knight > Death Knight Hero > Wc3 Undead Hero
Orc Death Knight > Teron > Shown at BlizzCon
Blood Elf Death Knight > Blood Knight > Blood Elves can be Paladins
Undead Death Knight > Once part of the Scourge > They are undead
Draenei Death Knight > Draenei Paladin > They can be Paladins

Non-Death Knights

Gnome > Not Paladins > Just plain Stupid... Evil Gnomes that are not Green??
...........................................................Or come out of the sand???
Tauren > Not Paladins > They show no necromatic powers whatsoever
.................................Does not suit Taurens love over nature

Level 45
boo woo, let blizzard decide and stop whining:
Races

According to a panel at BlizzCon 2007, the Death Knight is planned to be available to every race at this time, though the list may change further on in development. This has been confirmed at the Leipzig Games Convention 2007, reasoning that is possible for all races can be tempted by a darker path and led to despair.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_Knight_(hero_class

If any race can turn undead, isnt immune to the lichkings mind powers and plague then it CAN BE A FRIGGIN DEATHKNIGHT IF IT WANTS, ffs. God, it doesnt NEED to be a palidan obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.