• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rumor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been many rumor's about a new WoW Expansion comming out. Introducing the new Northrend area. Some people beleive that Icecrown will be blocked out like Hyjal was. People have seen files called expansion02.mpq, models that are called Northrend_Tree01.m2 and such. This isn't full proof but it just brings up further questions. What do you think will happen? Will there be a new Expansion? What will happen in it?

Level 25
If it's not Northrend to be revealed, lets not forget about the isle of the Sunken Ruins with the eye of gul'dan or w/e. If you open the map in WoW, there's like 3 or 4 little islands they haven't even revealed yet.
But yeah, I hope Northrend is the next place to be available.

If it's not northrend, lets not forget that in mpq-viewing programs and such, blizz has moved nagas from the "creature" to the "character" section.

This means that they are now clotheable i.e. put shirts, etc on them.

Either that or they just did that for the whole "black temple" thingy which is probably crawling with nagas.

Level 36
I don't think anything will be happening for a while yet. They might make an announcement sometime this year, but not now. With SC2 on the news, they want to get as much milk outta that before creating another megastory to get everyone hyped up about.

I think it will be Northrend, but then again that's what people thought about BC, so you never know.

Level 36
If I we're them, I'd release the expansion as Northrend, and the Maelstrom area.

Also yeah they are going to make an expansion most likely, its not the WORLD OF WARCRAFT if Northrend is not there =)

But they wont. Northrend isn't coming for at least another two expansions yet. Blizzard has stated NUMEROUS times that there is no way that people are going to fight Arthas unless they are AT LEAST level 100. They want to make Arthas as badass as possible so:

NORTHREND IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Level 7
Um, they can just make The Frozen Throne like The Black Temple, where it wasnt put into the expansion but added into a patch way later.

Level 36
Um, they can just make The Frozen Throne like The Black Temple, where it wasnt put into the expansion but added into a patch way later.

UM, no they can't, because they have yet to make THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF NORTHREND. Northrend doesn't even EXIST in WoW yet, let alone Icecrown Citadel or the Frozen Throne. Not happening any time soon.

Plus, you need to be a higher level. They don't adjust the level cap with a patch, dude, they wait until a major expansion. It's not happening until another few expansions have gone by.

Level 22
UM, no they can't, because they have yet to make THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF NORTHREND. Northrend doesn't even EXIST in WoW yet, let alone Icecrown Citadel or the Frozen Throne. Not happening any time soon.

Plus, you need to be a higher level. They don't adjust the level cap with a patch, dude, they wait until a major expansion. It's not happening until another few expansions have gone by.

Exactly. they left plenty of room for another expansion.

I'd imagine they are already working on the next expansion, where Northrend will be the next unlocked continent and Arthas the last boss after a few content patches thereafter. Most MMORPGs dont release more then 2 expansions, and Blizz usually doesnt release more then 1, but WoW is too much of a cash cow for Blizz to stop, and its too important for the lore for Arthas to continue breathing. They killed Kel'thuzad, Illidan, Kael'thas, Archimonde(again).....WoW wont end until every major Wc3 hero character is dead (or a faction racial leader like Thrall and Jaina).

Even SC 2 wont have the player base WoW will. They know that. So I have to disagree with the "not anytime soon".
-VGsatomi

Level 36
Um... Wendigos are killable in the Dwarf/Gnome starting zone. They're level 10, so...... NO. They're not going to make them a playable race, jackass.

Anyway, it has already been stated, that in order to take Arthas you MUST BE AT LEAST LEVEL 100. For you tards who can't do math:

Current level cap: 70
+1 Expansion: 80
+2 Expansion: 90
+3 Expansion: 100

So at least another 3 expansions.

At VGSatomi: This is entirely untrue. Everquest. Lineage. Guilwars, even bloody Star Wars Galaxies had 3 expansion packs. It could happen, and I think it definetly will consdering how popular WoW is.

Level 36
Yes, it DOES mean the level cap will be reaised, because they aren't going to raise it any other time, and we know that they're going to raise it, so logically, it means that per every expansion pack the level cap gets raised by a nominal amount.

New races... no, they aren't going to happen. They could, perhaps, but if they do then it will wreck the lore even more. New classes? No. Just not happening right now. It wont.

Level 18
They would annihilate the lore even more if they tried to add more races
Even though I do not doubt they will try to add new races
But if Naga somehow become a playable race, the lore will be destroyed
But I will also play WoW with Naga as a playable race..they're just awesome :p

No.

I want goblins and pandarens as new races. But not necessarily pandarens with Alliance and goblins with Horde.

Instead both sides could pick either one of them, since they're mercenaries. So you could have a pandaren on horde and a pandaren on Alliance.

And Goblins would be awesome. Think about it, they have tasers, nukes, machines, rockets, zeps, grenades and all other awesome stuff.

Pandarens are fire breathing fat samurai walking and talking pandas. 'nuff said.

Level 12
Everything is pure speculation right now. Don't get your high hopes about something that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I've already seen the Northrend files, but we're forgetting about the Emerald Dream zone. It's been there since WoW beta and hasn't been used at all. I'd like to see the South Seas region explorable, but that's up to Blizzard if they want to release it.

I don't think blood elves or draenei ruined the lore at all. And with the current information we have, it's hard to see which race Blizzard will choose to release (if it's part of the expansion). Besides, blood elves and draenei fitted in because of lore retcons. It's not hard to completely change a race's background history to be able to add in the Alliance/Horde.

Leveling is, like I said, pure speculation but not appealing at all. In an MMORPG, you do have to make progress as part of the game. So I don't see why they wouldn't raise the level cap. I do remember a statement from a Blizzard employee saying they wouldn't let you raid the Lich King until 90 (not 80).

Level 25
well naga specifically are enemies of both alliance and horde arent they?

Yep

Honestly, the only real alternatives for new races I see are Nerubians (Simular enviroments to dwarves, simular loss as humans, anti-Undead if you ignore the fact they're pure evil. Unlikely to join with Horde due to Forsaken), Goblins (A cartel who works only with that faction as opposed to the Steamwheedle Cartel, who work with both), Furbolgs (Could actually work on the Horde if you say its the Northrend Furbolgs coming to get some vengence on the Dwarves, otherwise plenty of other furbolgs to use for Ally), Murlocs(Random tribe around Maelstrom or something. Smarter than they appear and a fan favourite), Makura for either (See Murlocs but without the fan favourite part. Anti-Naga, so will probably at least be a group) and out of them, Goblins is the only one I would even consider still in the running

Oh, and Brad, this patch Blizzard added helmets for goblins. Now they just need a lot of variations and they'd be perfect as playable characters. They're also the only race in this topic which has been seriously CONSIDERED to be a new race, but they lost to gnomes

I predict that the next one will be South Seas, allowing for Undermine, Nazjatar, that troll capital city island, Pandaria, all sorts of places. I see Emerald Dream coming out later, considering that one of its portals comes out into Northrend, and it also is fairly boring and generic all around, not full of different enviroments like Outlands

Level 2
TBC is the worst thing that has happened to WoW since the BGs was introduced xD

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I wouldn't see nerubians happening, too many modifications to the armor sets would have to be made. With the current races, they are all humanoid and so the armor is easily interchangeable.

Nagas might be possible, just instead of leg armor they have segmented tail armor pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.