• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I finally viewed and finished my beta-testing in your project "The Risen" part 2 of the campaign, well terrain was well-done. but the storyline is confusing :D

SPOILER:

At the start of the campaign, we see Raven and Shea running away from the onslaught of the Burning Legion. Or lets just say Undead and Demon Forces, I would suggest if you can whip out some mercenary camps that can buy minor units like murloc or a furbolg shaman [note that a furbolg is too much] instead of letting them wander the map around by themselves and taking on damages without any backup at all.

My second view for the map. I notice the night elf resistant fighters guarding the area doesn't recognize there fellow bloodlines don't you think? :)

My altered version of the story would be a little different, after Raven and Shea had entered the middle entrance of the map, a Huntress scout or a captain would spot them and recognize them as refugees because they heard the news of the Burning Legion's rampage from the Night Elf Stronghold. the Huntress would then bring them to Oghma and tell them about the sudden movement of the Undead forces going in the forest, and that would let them join forces and destroy the enemy, after all of it is done. Oghma would then tell them to follow there footsteps of attacking the invaders at hand and find the remaining night elves that were stranded and away by there sight.

so is that okay? :D

EDIT: btw here's a little description fix in chapter 1:
As Raven and Shea run off to somewhere into the forest, they realize that there getting hungry and tired. They both decide to take a break.

After hours of escaping the Burning Legion's rampage, Raven and Shea were stranded in a gloomy forest that they must seek refuge before the enemy finds them.

Level 9
Well how many maps does the beta contain?. I'll try a beta when u got 6+ maps finished. That way, I wont ruin the fun to myself. :p
Edit; To hell, im trying the second beta, right now!. :)

you can always apply for the Beta Tester's post if you'd like to play it till where it's made.
6+ is like a completed campaign LoL and we're still a bit away from that.

Level 30
raritar.jpg

so how goes your Beta-Testing MrStormyZ? :))

I finally viewed and finished my beta-testing in your project "The Risen" part 2 of the campaign, well terrain was well-done. but the storyline is confusing :D

SPOILER:

At the start of the campaign, we see Raven and Shea running away from the onslaught of the Burning Legion. Or lets just say Undead and Demon Forces, I would suggest if you can whip out some mercenary camps that can buy minor units like murloc or a furbolg shaman [note that a furbolg is too much] instead of letting them wander the map around by themselves and taking on damages without any backup at all.

My second view for the map. I notice the night elf resistant fighters guarding the area doesn't recognize there fellow bloodlines don't you think? :)

My altered version of the story would be a little different, after Raven and Shea had entered the middle entrance of the map, a Huntress scout or a captain would spot them and recognize them as refugees because they heard the news of the Burning Legion's rampage from the Night Elf Stronghold. the Huntress would then bring them to Oghma and tell them about the sudden movement of the Undead forces going in the forest, and that would let them join forces and destroy the enemy, after all of it is done. Oghma would then tell them to follow there footsteps of attacking the invaders at hand and find the remaining night elves that were stranded and away by there sight.

so is that okay? :D

EDIT: btw here's a little description fix in chapter 1:
As Raven and Shea run off to somewhere into the forest, they realize that there getting hungry and tired. They both decide to take a break.

After hours of escaping the Burning Legion's rampage, Raven and Shea were stranded in a gloomy forest that they must seek refuge before the enemy finds them.

Nononononono. No Mercenary Camps.
If the game will be too easy, then nobody will play. If the game is challenging and hard, then the players will be driven to finish the game and have a triumphant feel to the game, saying that: "I've finished a campaign, and yes; it was very difficult, but I know how skillful I am at this game!"
Don't you want to feel awesome? :D
Oghma's Night Elves are in no way related to The Risen's elves.
And about the Night Elven Refugees, I'm sorry but once again I have to explain that the Night Elves are only living on luck; because the Undead are ruthless and merciless. They barely live against the undead. And there are only a few survivors left; there are few that are capable of defending themselves. And besides, I'll feature an all-new army for the players to use; which will feature new skills and all that; or simply a refugee army. Let's just wait and see how I'll implement it.
About the map description, I like it; and I'll change it a bit.

Guys this is great, im subscribing to this. I can't be much help though. But I'm going to do the main thing, which is, play it =). Good luck, hopefully it will be released sooner than i suppose.

Enjoy the campaign. :)

was done and reported months ago :p
waiting for the next Beta Release. :thumbs_up:

And that's why you're a Senior Member. :)

Level 30
Nononononono. No Mercenary Camps.
If the game will be too easy, then nobody will play. If the game is challenging and hard, then the players will be driven to finish the game and have a triumphant feel to the game, saying that: "I've finished a campaign, and yes; it was very difficult, but I know how skillful I am at this game!"
Don't you want to feel awesome? :D
Oghma's Night Elves are in no way related to The Risen's elves.
And about the Night Elven Refugees, I'm sorry but once again I have to explain that the Night Elves are only living on luck; because the Undead are ruthless and merciless. They barely live against the undead. And there are only a few survivors left; there are few that are capable of defending themselves. And besides, I'll feature an all-new army for the players to use; which will feature new skills and all that; or simply a refugee army. Let's just wait and see how I'll implement it.
About the map description, I like it; and I'll change it a bit.

sure, I'll wait for your updates :)

Level 12
Sorry for the epic inactivity for the past 2 weeks or so? Had a rock climbing competition to attend.

Well, one thing I did make progress on is the map preview. I haven't finished playing the campaign itself so I can't make the custom screens yet but once I have, I'll make a list of changes before actually creating the customs for approval.

One thing I did notice though, is the grammar. I think the sentences, both in-game, conversational and synopsis, are too rigid. If you allow me, I can remake the sentence while still stick to the plot and storyline. I'll just adapt the script so you won't have to make any terrain changes or whatever. If you approve of course.

Level 16
Well to say the honest, i hadn't had the time to post a full review, because i like to make my reviews full and clear. but now that u asked me, i could break this rule of mine by adding a few things, they might be mixed a bit, but youll get the idea.

Overall - it is a quite impressive and potential campaign, although it lacks quality to make it perfect, ill mention a few here. But my point is, as u see as far as campaigns are being made, its harder for the makers to keep up with the competition because once youve met perfection is hard to return to normal.
What i mean to say is, if u want this campaign to reach its possible potential u must make it as Higher quality as possible.
Now here are a few factors:

Terrain - Could be much better. A custom terrain with a set of beautiful models(trees mostly) is a great factor to make this campaign more noticed and special. Ii might be a little harder thing to do, since there are lots of maps youre supposed to make, but in the end you will see that actually quality is greatly overrated over quantity.

Units - Normal NE units = not original. Make something more special and unique, that way it will be more curious to the player prespective. U can use new models as well, they are never too much.
Also about the spells and skills. U really need to consider making some new skills for units.
Example: You could make some easy skills in the WE, such as: Nights blessing/Elunes grace = All NE units have +10% attack speed and +10% regeneration rate during the night.

Prologue - now this, should be remade just a tiny bit. as i noticed, its just a random attack from the undead.. mass units and stuff.. This makes it a bit boring. You should try to make the battle more epic.
Example: A NE unit comes to the gates wounded, trying to warn the NE about the undead, than a undead miniboss spawns and he gives his greetings to the NE and than he summons demons inside the base while some small minions and meat wagons attack the gate.. dont use too much units, it ruins it.

Tooltips - They were good. But, if you add some history to the spells or items, it will make the game more interesting.
Example:(the spell example that i gave above, about nights blessing/elunes grace) there could be some history behind.. such as, Night elves are a fast and cunning race, although physically not strong, they blend with the surrounding much better than other races. OR Elune was the bla bla bla.. and she granted NE the bla bla bla...

Quests - Optional quests that give awesome items = win.

Okay, i think i just mentioned everything there.. lol. :ogre_datass:

Good luck, and see you in the other beta. :ogre_haosis:

Edit: Ow and, if u already changed much of what i just said, than sorry but i didnt read the whole thread . Im just commenting my gameplay :p

Terrain - I'm going to spice it up a bit more now. After I worked on the Prologue, I learned a lot of terraining tips.

Units - I've made a custom race, and I've sent a PM to all my team members to check it out.

Prologue - I'll see if I can spice it up.

Tooltips - I'll see if I can do that.

Quests - Of course! :)

Thanks for the review. +Rep for you. :D

Hey, did you recieve the map with the custom race?
Well, there are quite a few that need to be 'altered'. :p
Alright:
For the Crossbowoman, can you change the bow into a crossbow? That should be slightly simple.
For the Goliath, add some body armor, preferably black. Not too much, but not too little either.
For the Life Weaver, recolor the skin a bit darker.
For the Naturalist, could you the skin purple, like a Night Elf and change his appearance to look more Night-Elven?
For the Magic Sniper, just change something so the players can distinguish it from the Peace Keepers.
For the Siegebreaker, add a tree to his hand, like a War Club.
For the Inquisitor, could you make it like a Spellbreaker? Because a Bear Form'd Druid of the Claw doesn't fit him very well. Just change the Spellbreaker to make him look more Night Elven.

These are merely my preferences. I'd love the models even more if you added your own creativity to it. :)

Level 51
When i'm coming home from my holiday, i'm going to be able to work more on the models. Also, do you want me to do custom heroes too? First you said you will only play the normal heroes, but that's a bit lame :p
I think I got some good ideas for heroes.

Oh, and i'm sorry for the name coincidence of our projects :D
There is a german game (dont know if it is in other countries too) that's called Risen and that's the game I based mine on.

If i find another name, i'm shurely going to rename it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.