• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the effects of Chronosphere? Sorry, I'm not a DoTa fan :p
Also, my spell suggestion Glancing blow has a silence already.
How about a ward ability? The hero summons a invulnerable ward, which continuously, slowly draws nearby enemies towards it, unless it expires or an enemy reaches the centre. All enemies in this effect does not stop dragging unless it is attacked, and whilst they are being dragged, they are drained 10(or whatever) health per second. When the enemy reaches the centre, the ward explodes, knocking back all nearby enemies and dealing minor damage to them, and if you want, they can be Chronosphere'd(still don't know what it means).
It can be called Soul Harvest, or something.

If we use this effect, Chronosphere can't be taken place. Then don't do the Chronosphere effect anymore. :grin:

Soul Harvest sounds... Perfect.

Chronosphere - It's sort of an AoE Target spell. Select the area of the ability, then all units within the range are [Paused], and have their animation rates to 0.00%. Every unit that goes in the target area will also pause, regardless if it's an enemy or an ally, but the only unit that won't be affected by this is the Faceless Void, the one who casts it.

All units will basically be stunned within the target area, and have animation speed 0.00%. Any unit that goes in during the duration of this spell is also paused and stuff.

Level 6
Username: Crave.
WE Skill: Good
WE Weakness: MUI
Why I want to join: Obvious much?
What I can provide as a member of the team: Creative quests, above average terrain, and... umm... yeah that's about it.
Other Projects: Secret... ;)

Well, I'm back...again! I'm sorry for being away, I said in my first post I would be like this. I might be even more inactive, as I'm starting my own project(see my sig).
Anyways, here are most of the spells. I'll get to work on Soul Harvest.
NOTE: When casting Backstab, even if it fails, you will lose your Stealth - I'll fix that later.

Last edited:
So, bump!

Nothing's happened in a really long while. It seems GT is busy due to school and Halo.

The last post was 25 days ago, by GT.

New slots have come in, mainly Loading Screen creator for some appeal to the players.

We'll also need a secondary Spell Creator and an Idea Helper to spice up the missions with crates of ideas. The ideas I have right now are mainly taken from the campaign Wanderers of Sorceria.

So if you want to help, just post with the Application form provided in the Thread Starter.

Sure, sure.
I'm a bit busy playing Wanderers of Sorceria myself.

Meanwhile, I'll take some spell examples from a couple of spells I made, with some help from Pharoah_.

Source of Power - Once cast, all units within 300 range are attracted to attack the enemy. Units attacking the target unit will gain life based on the level of the spell. The target unit will also be slowed by a percentage of his move speed. The entire spell lasts 8 seconds.

Overcharge - (Immolation Type) Once activated, you will drain mana per second, but will also recieve 10 bonus damage each second. Once you deal damage, the bonus damage is lost. Deactivating the spell also removes the bonus damage.

(Item damage bonus with 24 levels, each having a 10 damage interval.)

Summon Lightning Pests - Summons two Lightning Pests that support you in battle. Lightning Pests deal full damage to units with the Source of Power buff.

There, that's the best I've made.

Hey guys, back with a whole LOAD of screenies! 19, to be exact.

Feast your eyes with Night-Elven goodness!

We also need some new spots for the team.

Beta testers, be ready for the newest version.

Also, I have asked to create a 'The Risen' signature by the THW signature crew. I will have it made into a 215x37-pixel image, to fit my signature. I encourage the members to place it on their signature as soon as it's finished.

Hey guys, this is my third bump post. Nobody's posting. I encourage all the team members (except GT) to post, or they will be removed from their positions. I need to know if everyone's still with me.

So I got the signature picture done, here it is, by dab.
186044-albums3197-picture37691.png
It's background can fit anything, and I encourage all the members to place it on their signature. (Encourage is not forcing.)

Please remember, we still need the slots on the first post, or nothing will progress. So far, I've finished the first interlude. In short, Map#3, where [censored] runs away.

If you want to place it on your signature, here's the full BBCode:
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/risen-174560/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/186044-albums3197-picture37691.png[/IMG][/url]

I ENCOURAGE (for the last time) everyone to place it on their signature.
My bumps are 2-3 days apart, mods. Please don't negrep me...

Right then; you're in.

So I'll need you to think of spells for Shea; I'll be sending you the latest version of the campaign now.

Let your ideas flow; and be as creative as possible.

Okay; due to the lack of interest amongst viewers:

The Risen's Official Beta has been released to the Public!

See the attachments on this post to download the campaign and play! The maps are as follows:

• A Bad Fate •
• Escape •

Note: Many errors are fixed in the real campaign.

Attachments

• The Risen - Beta.w3n
    618.1 KB · Views: 581
Level 9
Spells for Shea:

1. Bird watching

Increases agility of those around her.

2. Fire arrow

Shoots a deadly fire arrow that pierces through monsters.

3. Summon archers

Shea calls apon her allies to fight with her. Summons 3 +1 for every level.

4 (ultimate) Arrow rain (or something similar)

Shea uses her energy to summon millions of arrows from the sky to her enemies.

1's name seems a bit... Off of the ability's description. I think it should increase mana regen and other mana-related stats.

2 could be like a Elune's Arrow from PotM in DotA; except piercing; and deals more damage the closer the target is; yet stuns longer when the target is farther.

3 is bad; they are alone. They have run away from The Risen's base; and she still has allies??? Why not something like Summon Familiar; a unit packed with spells and has moderately high mana regen; and it will benefit the mana regen from skill 1.

4 is like her original Starfall... It needs more uniqueness.

And take note; you will trigger these spells.
Try to be as creative as GhostThruster was; but I still miss his triggering. He is brilliant; too bad he's busy at the moment.

Level 9
wow Beta released gona check ,downloading

EDIT : here are my thoughts on the beta
Raven's Spells are very much new and original
i can't say if it's me or the backstab seemed to be somewhat not working
Shea's Spells we're also good

about the ToolTips and a few Text you've selected the dark purple color,nothing wrong with it but it's kinda hard to read as it melds with the dark surroundings.

Terrain was great only thing I would point out is the Mushrooms seem to be misplaced or may I say Overplaced :p , I would say the same for the lilipads in the River.

The dialogues in the Cinematic need to be a bit more delayed as I couldn't read some of the part, went too fast.

and Finally after your old campaign ( which you shut down earlier )
I was Expecting to see a bit more least 1-2 Missions complete, But hey Keep it up Love your Campaigns ^^

Last edited:
Level 9
1's name seems a bit... Off of the ability's description. I think it should increase mana regen and other mana-related stats.

2 could be like a Elune's Arrow from PotM in DotA; except piercing; and deals more damage the closer the target is; yet stuns longer when the target is farther.

3 is bad; they are alone. They have run away from The Risen's base; and she still has allies??? Why not something like Summon Familiar; a unit packed with spells and has moderately high mana regen; and it will benefit the mana regen from skill 1.

4 is like her original Starfall... It needs more uniqueness.

And take note; you will trigger these spells.
Try to be as creative as GhostThruster was; but I still miss his triggering. He is brilliant; too bad he's busy at the moment.

I took 5 minutes to think. GhostThruster LAWL =)

Ya want those kind of fancy skills huh....

2. Calculated shot

Shoots an arrow that deals 100 dmg (+50dmg) for every 100m further the target is. The arrow travels in a straight line. +50m for every level.

3. Tornado rising

Creates an arrow tornado around Shea with Shea's magic. For every 100 damage dealt, a Damage Ghost will be created. Attacks up to 5 enemies. +2 enemies every level.

(this skill will be useful in the battle against the black citadel =)

4 (Ultimate) Arrow in (Hard spell to trigger =(...)

Draws arrows from an alternate dimension, damaging and stunning opponents if they are in the path. After drawing for 5 seconds, the absorbed arrows will burst out in an explosion in a 600 AOE. +1 second and + 50 AOE for every level.

(Imagine nether arrows flying towards Shea for 5 seconds, then BOOM =)

2. Would have a short ministun?
3. I like it.
4. I like that too.

@MrStormyZ
The tooltips on Shea's spells are not yet fixed because they are not triggered. Those were the original spells given to her before GT came along.

I will extend the dialogues.

The entire mission is complete; yet that's the only part I want you to play. The rest is done. Missions 1, 2 and 3 are complete; yet 4 is not yet finished.

Last edited:
Level 9
@MrStormyZ
The tooltips on Shea's spells are not yet fixed because they are not triggered. Those were the original spells given to her before GT came along.

The entire mission is complete; yet that's the only part I want you to play. The rest is done. Mission 1, 2 and 3 are complete; yet 4 is not yet finished.
oh I was wondering about it when I saw the Screenshots
Great to hear hope it comes out soon ^^

Level 9
2. Would have a short ministun?
3. I like it.
4. I like that too.

@MrStormyZ

The entire mission is complete; yet that's the only part I want you to play. The rest is done. Missions 1, 2 and 3 are complete; yet 4 is not yet finished.

you can have anything you like for no.2. Stun, ice, fire, etc =)

yeah, go on and do the map, I will make the spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.