• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it, I'll help with Shea(yes, I do actually check up on this old thread, I have good memory).

Shea Shadowstep:
As she obviously is a huntress, she will have 'encumbering' abilities that support Raven and meanwhile handicaps the enemy.

Spell roles:
1: Primary spell, must be directly related to her combat. Often deals damage.
2: Secondary spell, usually a DPS spell that either aids allies or hinders enemies.
3: Passive/Autocast/Spam-spell. Deals minority damage, but builds up.
4: Ultimate, of course. This can be anything, though it usually suits the role of the hero. eg. the Paladin is a healer, and so has a revive spell as an ultimate.

Spell ideas:
1. Spiralnet Arrows:
Autocast. Activate to swap Shea's attack with an attack that fires nets. These nets, when coming in contact with a foe, ensnares it and shoots a ring of arrows outwards. Damage, distance, duration etc. customizable.
2. Lance Shot:
Targets an enemy unit. When begun casting, Shea is immobilised for X seconds. After X seconds(and if she isn't stunned, or dead etc), if the target is still within range, she fires a piercing arrow that deals line damage to all in the way. When it reaches the target, the target is knocked back X distance and stunned for X seconds.
3. Essence of Nature:
Channeling. Shea channels her night-elven powers, immobilizing herself and draining her mana, but healing nearby allies but increasing the movement speed of all nearby units
4. Thinking...:

Be back with more ideas. I won't have time to make the spells though, so I'll leave 'em to you (until I return to help again).

Also, if you dislike my ideas, you can ofcourse use ACDestinydream's.

Level 9
Fuck it, I'll help with Shea(yes, I do actually check up on this old thread, I have good memory).

Shea Shadowstep:
As she obviously is a huntress, she will have 'encumbering' abilities that support Raven and meanwhile handicaps the enemy.

Spell roles:
2: Secondary spell, usually a DPS spell that either aids allies or hinders enemies.
4: Ultimate, of course. This can be anything, though it usually suits the role of the hero. eg. the Paladin is a healer, and so has a revive spell as an ultimate.

Spell ideas:
1. Spiralnet Arrows:
Autocast. Activate to swap Shea's attack with an attack that fires nets. These nets, when coming in contact with a foe, ensnares it and shoots a ring of arrows outwards. Damage, distance, duration etc. customizable.
2. Lance Shot:
Targets an enemy unit. When begun casting, Shea is immobilised for X seconds. After X seconds(and if she isn't stunned, or dead etc), if the target is still within range, she fires a piercing arrow that deals line damage to all in the way. When it reaches the target, the target is knocked back X distance and stunned for X seconds.
3. Essence of Nature:
Channeling. Shea channels her night-elven powers, immobilizing herself and draining her mana, but healing nearby allies but increasing the movement speed of all nearby units
4. Thinking...:

Be back with more ideas. I won't have time to make the spells though, so I'll leave 'em to you (until I return to help again).

Since ole ghostthruster is back, let him do the spells for ya =)

Was doing the spells halfway (triggering, making sure that it would not bug etc) when this pops out. Deleted the spells just in case you would want ghost's and make me wait for nothing =)

Level 9
just finished playing the 2nd release,very well made ^^
at the place where you find the 2nd Glavethrower you might wanna wanna put up spikes on where ever like the hero lands on and gets hit,
I managed to kill the dk in the 3rd try ( that too barely ) and yea was good to see that the tower goes away just as that guy goes down and was surely worth it
the New GT was a Beauty !
and at the end the AoS system was also great, oh yea over there I had the GT damaged but I wasn't able to repair it as you don't have any gold,I think you might wanna change the repair cost of gold to 0.

Keep up the good work Waiting for the Final Release ^^

Alright; thanks.

The puzzle with the platforms have the glowing runes to show the way; and if ever you get hurt; there is always a Fountain of Health right back where the GT is.

The DK... Soul Harvest is the most helpful spell against him. My suggested skill leveling is:
V1 - Soul Harvest
V2 - Glancing Blow
V3 - Soul Harvest
V4 - Backstab
V5 - Soul Harvest
V6 - Knife Hurricane
V7 - Glancing Blow
V8 - Glancing Blow
V9 - Backstab
V10 - Backstab

Actually; I didn't think that the players would repair the new GT. I actually didn't think of repairing the GT at all. Alright then; I'll make the gold cost 0 but the lumber cost two times as much as the usual.

Thanks MrStormyZ.
I'm offering you a beta tester position; would you like to join the team?

Level 9
Thanks MrStormyZ.
I'm offering you a beta tester position; would you like to join the team?

hey sure.
I have Limited time for myself but I can work on weekly basis ^^

Username: MrStormyZ
WE Skill: Terrain
WE Weakness: I've some idea over triggers but no Idea over JASS
Why I want to join: Cause I've been offered to ^^
What I can provide as a member of the team: For now just as a Beta Tester
Other Projects: Warcraft 2.5 Total Conversion , a Hero Defense (outside Hive)

Hope I can contribute the best ^^

Level 9
Ill try it when im bored or something,then give the review.Is the risen a new race or just night elves?
BTW one of my old abandoned projects was also called 'the risen' LOL

Level 4
Username: ZKAmedic
WE Skill: Testing, and anaylsis
WE Weakness: trigger
Why I want to join: because this sounds like a good map
What I can provide as a member of the team: i can test all features needed
Other Projects:

@Nightblade and MrStormyZ
I think I'll put in some Furbolgs in the Prologue. I think The Risen's forces could use it. I'm not sure about the second mission.

@MrStormyZ
As soon as I finish Mission 4; I might send you the latest version.

@ZKAmedic
You're in. I'll just update the thread as soon as I get on a better computer.

@GT
Are you making the spells?

@GT (If you're making the spells) and ACdestinydream
Are you guys done with the spells?

@GT
Alright, thank you for the ideas and the previously-made spells for Raven. :D

I took 5 minutes to think. GhostThruster LAWL =)

Ya want those kind of fancy skills huh....

2. Calculated shot

Shoots an arrow that deals 100 dmg (+50dmg) for every 100m further the target is. The arrow travels in a straight line. +50m for every level.

3. Tornado rising

Creates an arrow tornado around Shea with Shea's magic. For every 100 damage dealt, a Damage Ghost will be created. Attacks up to 5 enemies. +2 enemies every level.

(this skill will be useful in the battle against the black citadel =)

4 (Ultimate) Arrow in (Hard spell to trigger =(...)

Draws arrows from an alternate dimension, damaging and stunning opponents if they are in the path. After drawing for 5 seconds, the absorbed arrows will burst out in an explosion in a 600 AOE. +1 second and + 50 AOE for every level.

(Imagine nether arrows flying towards Shea for 5 seconds, then BOOM =)

2. Hindering Arrow
(Shea Skill 2) 2 shoots an arrow towards an enemy that deals 50 base damage and damage increases for every 100 range the arrow travels. Once the arrow hits; the target will be stunned for 2% of the distance travelled.
V1 - +10 for every 100 range
V2 - +12
V3 - +15

3. Lethal Tornado
(Shea Skill 3) 3 is a damage-over-time skill that deals 20 damage per second; and when deals a certain amount of damage to an enemy, Shea will heal a small amount of health and will create a Damage Ghost; a ghost that has a damage-increasing aura and Chain Lightning that has a 5 second timer. Lasts 6 seconds.
V1 - Shea heals 20 health and must deal 100 damage to create a Damage Ghost
V2 - Shea heals 35 health and must deal 80 damage to create a Damage Ghost
V3 - Shea heals 50 health and must deal 60 damage to create a Damage Ghost

4. Nether Arrows
(Shea Ulti) 4 conjures 8 arrows from the Twisting Nether on Shea's 8 basic directions to fly towards Shea; damaging enemies by 60 health and stunning them for 4 seconds. The arrows take 5 seconds to reach Shea's current location and when they do, they will explode and deal 350 damage to all enemies in 500 range; and also knocking them back.
(This is an ultimate; it only has 1 level :p)
(Use the knockback from Soul Harvest)

Shea Shadowstep:

Spell roles:

Spell ideas:
1. Spiralnet Arrows:
2. Lance Shot:
3. Essence of Nature:
4. Thinking...:

This is an alternate set; I also want you to make it.
1. Spiralnet Arrow (Non-Passive)
Shea shoots out a net that ensnares an enemy for 3 seconds; and shoots arrows out into 400 range; dealing damage and stunning the targets that are hit by 5% by their distance from the target of the Spiralnet Arrow.
V1 - 25 damage
V2 - 35 damage
V3 - 45 damage

2. Lance Shot
Make X1 (Channeling Time) 3 seconds.
Make X2 the same as X1 since that's the time you have to wait before she shoots the arrow.
Make X3 (Knockback Distance) 150 range in .75 seconds.
Make X4 (Stun) be the increasing part.
V1 - 1.5 seconds
V2 - 2 seconds
V3 - 2.5 seconds

3. Essence of Nature
Drains 10 mana per second; healing and increasing the movement speed and armor of nearby units.
V1 - Increases MS by 10%, heals 10 health per second, and increases armor by 3
V2 - Increases MS by 15%, heals 15 health per second, and increases armor by 4
V3 - Increases MS by 20%, heals 20 health per second, and increases armor by 5

That's it for now.

Last edited:
{EDIT 1 — 31-December-2010, 6:55 AM}
Alright; MrStormyZ.

Progress? BULL-
I can't continue unless the spells are made for Shea.

{EDIT 2 — 5-January-2011, 1:56 PM}
That's it. ACdestinydream, you are not doing your job.
And if you are; you must inform me that you are.

The Risen now needs a Tertiary Spell Creator! Whoever wants to join, please post on this thread whilst filling in the Membership Application form.

{EDIT 3 — 9-January-2011, 1:141 AM}
Screw this. I'm going to try and make the spells myself.
If any spell maker still wants to join, just post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Okay so here's my review...
[+]Good cinematics
[+]Good terraining
[+]Good sense of humor... XP
[-]Average storyline
[-]Bad color choice for some texts

So here's a few things I would like to see you change...
[+]Make Raven and Shea sisters. Best friends sound funny XP
[+]Change Raven's model to Sentry (I dislike the Warden model)
[+]There's a better skin for Shandris found in this site
[+]Make some custom spells. Most of your spells were edited spells...
[+]Since it's single player, abuse the file size.... Import more custom models, icons, skins, etc. (THW has lots of 'em)

Well, since I'm in this with you, I hope you'll look into these things... The Risen FTW!!!!

{EDIT}
You don't need screenshots!
You can just re-play the campaign. :grin:

For screenshots, someone else other than a team member has to post.

Oh, and to all team members on the team right now, (other than me) will recieve Reputation (+1) for being a Senior Member and will have a Senior Member award under their name. :D

Ahem, Am I too late for the +Rep??? LOL

Okay so here's my review...
[+]Good cinematics
[+]Good terraining
[+]Good sense of humor... XP
[-]Average storyline
[-]Bad color choice for some texts

So here's a few things I would like to see you change...
[+]Make Raven and Shea sisters. Best friends sound funny XP
[+]Change Raven's model to Sentry (I dislike the Warden model)
[+]There's a better skin for Shandris found in this site
[+]Make some custom spells. Most of your spells were edited spells...
[+]Since it's single player, abuse the file size.... Import more custom models, icons, skins, etc. (THW has lots of 'em)

[-] Average Storyline
- Just wait and see, this storyline will spice up.
[-] Text Colors
- The text for Shea's abilities aren't finished yet.
Suggestions:
[+] Make Raven and Shea sisters
- There's a reason that they can't be related; which will be revealed soon enough.
[+] Shandris Skin
- Could you link me to that; please?
[+] Custom Spells
- Currently, we do not have any spell makers working on the spells. GT is currently not working on The Risen; and our second spell maker; ACDestinydream abandoned the project.
[+] I'm not aiming for appeal yet; I will have a use for that file size later on. You'll see in the later missions.

Ahem, Am I too late for the +Rep??? LOL

Sadly, yes; you are. :(

Oh, and please do not double-post. Merge your posts using the Edit button on the bottom-right corner of your post.

Level 9
Sorry for the doubling...
Hmm...
Download some spells from THW... Some are pretty wicked.. XD
At least PM me the storyline okay? I hate secrets.. XP XP

now I'm not trying to fight or something but all Spells in "The Risen" are made unique and different, sure they have same animation effect of the original game but I don't see anything wrong in that when the Campaign is actually following the Warcraft 3 History, as it is yes some and many things are best retained as they are than having custom stuff. ^^

Level 5
Well, I'm just saying... Most of them are just edits... Some are original.. and yeah Raven's Backstab is really hard to do because if we go into stealth try to attack, the creeps always targets us.... :'(

Beta - 2 is newer. Download that. :D

Samurai_Gal666, did you not notice that the (Original) spells for Shea don't have the same text colors and spiced-up tooltips as Lethal Trap?
And about Backstab; yes. It's supposed to be hard. How easy do you think it is to backstab someone in real life? And besides, Stealth has other uses than preparing for backstab.

Level 12
I'm on a mission (yea it sounds so formal) to help the maps that i think have potentials by making banners for the project. So The Risen is the 2nd map i've helped. hooray~ here it is.

197699-albums4412-picture44917.png

p/s: for some reason, my "manage attachment" button won't show at all. so i cant upload it in this post. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.