• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] The reforged Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've looked through the official blizzard forum and used the search function here but wasnt able to find smth on that matter yet..

are we good to use the reforged editor already?

-> previously in beta builds when using the editor and saving the map, the map usually did not work in the released update version

so my question is, if anyone by chance knows if we can already start working in the new editor or if we should hold back as we can expect the same to happen?

Level 9
im talking about the current beta build editor (1.32.0.13991)
if i load my current prject there and already continue working on it, will it work when reforged releases? - from past experience this didnt always work when making maps on beta clients, as hive has some connections to blizzard especially about the editor i was wondering if there is a official answer to that question^^

Level 7
the patch just released, we will wait for further impression from other editors.. and the patch note said..there will be more bugs as they know that they cannot fixed it yet...

in my own view there will be more patch until they became more stable,, and less bug...we will just wait a bit,,,

Level 9
I wouldn't trust that Beta maps would work in Reforged after release. Just like Public Test Realm maps don't work in retail even after the release of the patch. Its's never a good idea to develop a map a lot in a test build of the game. You can test the map itself works and do some tweaks, but don't actually develop your map further. And there really even aren't any new features on the Reforged Beta Editor, that developing your map there would give an actual advantage.

Level 9
@Sabe thats why i'm asking, usually it has been the case that maps wouldnt work after the final release if edited during beta/ptr phase. yet the rf beta seems a little diffrent from normal ptr/pre-patch versions we had before..
the reason for me to want to use the new editor already is: i've noticed that many doodads have been changed also some of the tilesets look completely diffrent from before. if i put it the next 2 weeks of work in the normal editor doing some nice terrain its very likely that i have to redo it after rf release.

but yes in the end, as there is no official statement i guess i have to wait^^

Level 9
Well I wouldn't do any imports, since the graphics are going to be changed anyway, so all imports - even many icons - will look out of place with Reforged graphics. Triggers should work just the same as they do now.

Level 7
Yes... If that is the case.. Then why wait while we can set up triggers early...

Bcoz this job took us time to gather in one map... So better start making them..

For icons and models will be done after the reforge is stable..

Maybe the same with the dood ads...
I made mine with minimal.

Terain may not be affected that much since its all water and dirt at the same time.. Mybe final tweaks and edit if the tiles are new

Chances are the maps will work in the final release, however there are no guarantees. It's up to you on whether or not you want to deal with the possibility of the map breaking in the future. Anything that breaks is likely fixable aside from potential World Editor bugs that can corrupt your map. Keep backups if you do decide to work in the Reforged editor.

Level 9
maps will be compatible, thats not he topic ^^
if you dont edit them with the beta editor they will be fine for sure (aside from making maybe a few adjustments) -> the topic is more about a map editor during the beta right now @Tough_Gio ^^

thanks @TriggerHappy for your thoughts on that :) i will probably just pause now until the release as there seems to be no official statement stating that they will work for sure^^

Level 2
Well just to be safe you could some of the data now and then. Triggers for example should be portable and it's always good to have a little backup!

Level 2
My map doesn't even open on the repository.
Using a function other than the GUI function created by Blizzard, the map itself does not open. Up to 1.31 there was a way to open and correct it, but in beta, it is impossible to even correct it.

So I want to find and change these functions, but there are too many and I don't know what Blizzard didn't make.

Status
Not open for further replies.