• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a cinematic for the "Plague in Lordearon".Here you will see a tragic story,mistery and multiple killing,from the spreading of the plague and the begining of the "Culling".

Credits:Ebon Blade
The movie is about 6:50,so i hope you like and enjoy it,just like me,because i really liked it ;) !
Contents

The Plague (Map)

Reviews
11:46, 22nd Jul 2013 Orcnet:
Level 5
there will be a continue.Im working on it just give me a little time after all i work alone with no friends.its not so easy.Every think is made step by step.the music is perfect i wont touch it.next part you will see what happen to the boy just give me a little time.If this cinematic is rejected,i don`t see the point of making part 2.About the grammar i`ve just watched the movie again and i saw there is a little bugg when the paladin and the captain were talking ill try to fix it up,but since there is no chance of being approved,don`t see the point of working on it.

Last edited:
Level 32
Oh boy a cinematic. Too bad you can't watch these on a mobile device.

Abgm, *cough* spoiler much?

There shouldn't be any extra parts added after upload, works in progress aren't allowed. I may be wrong for cinematics though.

Grammar is a not very good in your description, try to copy how I write my sentences, I live in America and speak good English. (Well not online sometimes).

Some suggestions, fix the spelling of some of your mistakes.
Maybe convert the kid at the end to a zombie? Afterall Mal'ganis does do stuff like that.
3/5, it was an accurate cinematic.

44 mb!!!!!

i will see why is so big but, sure will be rejcted because is really to much size

edit: my download will be of 8 mins

edit2: music, always music, try to delete the unecesary music and also reduce quality, because 44 mb is to much. i will see it

1) 44 mb is to much
2) bad grammar in many parts
3) just when i was getting penetrated, all ended, what happen with the boy that loose his parents, because he was stand there and it wasnt killed, i feel the history of the boy and the scourge doesnt have that good mix,

voting for rejection

Five words to say to you.

Take a look at this...

Level 29
after re-read i decided to change my vote to pending, i think i wasnt acurate. Not the first time and sadly, probably it wont be the last
1)i think size should be significally reduced to 5 mb - 10 mb
2) fix grammar (example you put "perents" and should be parents)
3) resolve the ending like Dat-C3 said, or dont know something that give a proper ending to the boy history
thats the only 3 things i have in mind, enviroment is okay to me

4) maybe you can put some screens to sell the map

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
well thats a really improve, more than half

now i sugest to reduce quality, music doesnt need to be HQ, it can be HM,

i sugest this tool
Format Factory is a freeware(i wont put a link here to avoid link a questionable page, i sugest to you to look it by your self)
that allows to change videos and audios file type, and in that way you can reduce size
i tested only with videos, for example from avi to mp4
of course there a lot of tools that will allow you to do the same, i only tested Format Factory and is really recommended

if you can reduce 10 mb more by reducing quality of the music it will worth the time to do it

File size really doesn't matter. Since this is just a single player cinematic the size of the map isn't a big deal...

As for the cinematic itself -
-Grammar mistakes definitely need to be fixed.
-I liked the first song that you started with; it had a sort of "epic" feel to it.
-The second song killed it for me; I just didn't like it. This is just me though.
-I disagree with everyone's comments about the end; I feel like it was done on purpose
though the way Malganis doesn't even face the kid I don't understand.

-I didn't like how you had characters talking still after they had been killed Example: *The Necromancer and Paladin*
-You had smooth camera transitions which is a plus.
-I wouldn't use blight in this map as the undead are the ones who created it. Rough dirt would fit better in my opinion.
-Why do the villagers not try to flee when the undead appear? It seems logical from a civilian's stand point.

Level 30
@Dat-C3
Well, Chosen Ones has big size but is worth to play due to the complex systems and cool plot it has.

@Author
BTW, size is now 20 MB but do please lower it maybe to 10MB lower because 20 is still not yet an unacceptable size for a small map, hope you understand. Maybe if you used custom resource, lower those that has big sizes.

Level 5
I`v just upgraded it again.I think the grammar is better now,say your appinion. :)
About the size well,its because of the music
Disturbed-Haunted
Man on Fire(Movie Soundtrack)
Two steps from hell
Hello Zepp Saw(Movie Soundtrack).
if i have to remove them it will sucks.

Level 30
The cinematic is totally a non-wonderwall experience.

I like your effort in adding 3 imported musics here but all of them doesn't really fit to all the scenes, speaking of scenes its quite a mess.

Some of the speakers doesn't look to each other, there movements are cracked and the dialogues is somewhat awful.

Think about it why would soldiers listen to children? there are so many possible authorities that handles people and children, and obviously its the villagers, a soldier being discriminant to an undertaker is actually bad eventhough in medieval times undertakers are reference as human grim reapers they should be scared not angry.

The paladin's dialogue is worse, In warcraft 3 lore speaking, paladin's are the counterparts of necromancers(higher degree they are called death knights) so why would he not know what's the difference between who's reviving them and who's in charge reviving them?

getting attacked by a 4 deadman scene is quite bazaar for the whole village to not evacuate while this so called 'plague' has arrived.

In total, this cinematic needs enough attention in both storyline and scripting. For now please do not continue part 2 but forge yourself with this. I'm not discouraging but its hope for the best.