• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] The Plague Arises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The Plague Arises
Created by Girl-Stalk3r

eqrn53f.png

Map Information

The Plague Arises is a Survival type map where 8 players band together to survive the horrific experience of being traped between several towns who have been infected with the plague and the dead start to roam the roads.

Each player controls a hunter (hero-type unit) from wich he can construct walls , towers and other usefull buildings to aid him in this desperate situation.

Players can finaly train some units to help him in this difficult quest of survival.

Several upgrades have been added to the map, but it is still in production so there will be more to come.

LORE

The Eastern Kingdom of the Human Empire was a peacefull place where people would band together and just have a good time. It was the biggest region in all of the world where there was village next to village creating a heaven-like feeling to all that pased it. However heaven and hell are bound together so one without the other cannot exist... Or so... The people tought untill hell itself let loose hordes of death-like creatures infecting each village it came upon, and, finnaly it was at our doorstep. You are one of the last surviving member of the Haundri Household. Proud hunter and protector of mankind and you have but one goal. Survive...

Screenshots

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg
10.jpg 11.jpg

More Info

Ok now lets talk a little about zombie types.

Normal Zombie - Regular zombie types: slow movement speed, average attack speed, average damage, low health, no armor.

Sprinter - Fast zombie types: very fast movement speed, very fast attack speed, low damage, very low health, no armor.

Zombie Wolf - Infected wolf types: average movement speed, average attack speed, average damage, average health, some armor. Special: Upon death several parasites exit his body and start attacking players.

Parasite - Worm types: very fast movement speed, very fast attack speed, very low dmg, very low health, no armor.

Zombie Shieldman - Armored zombie types: slow movement speed, average attack speed, normal damage, high health, has armor. Special: Ranged attack can be blocked and reflected back to its attacker dealing damage.

Flesh Eater - Abbomination zombie types: average movement speed, average attack speed, high damage, very high health, has armor. No special as of yet !

Necromancer - Human that follows the path of death: average movement speed, average attack speed, normal damage, low helth, has armor. Ranged attack. Special: Reanimates the dead.

More to come!

Early version download! View attachment The Plague Arises.w3x
Basicly Alpha version. There is a lot missing. (just for a terrain,feel experience.)

Update #1

- Event Added: A dwarfs distress call!
- Event Added: Magi corruption.
- Expanded Terrain.
- Improved Envoriment.

Update #2

- Further adjusted the Terrain.
- New building: Upgrade Center.
- New Upgrades Available.
- 10 waves scripted.
- Zombie AI improved, but still not doing what i want it to do. (crappy zombies be like lets party with the towers shooting us)
- Scary Music sountrack added. That actualy turned the map 54mb larger than i remembered... Gotta tweek that down a lot.
- Download link will be available at the end of this week or the start of the next.

Update #3

- More upgrades added.
- Zombie ballances were made.
- The first event is almost finished. (second one will be done later)
- Postponed the release because of some bugs.

Stay Tuned for More!

Untitled.png123.png

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes well i'm thinking of doing something new here. So i've come up with a plan of adding random events that that place like once every 5 rounds. Example: A pillar that converts corpses into zombies apeares and you have to destroy it or you will be overrun by them.
Secondly i'm thinking about expanding the map boundries to make room for more events that envolve players leaving the base (with a bit of a risk of course), but that will take time and i don't know if my Triggering skill will permit me to actualy make it myself, so untill i hit a pole i'm gonna do it myself :). Ty for the feedback anyway!

Level 3
As the download link says its a early version so not all stuff were implemented. Its only to show off the terrain for now. A version were there will be at least 10 waves and the 2 events will come out this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.