• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

All Alone v0.1a Pre Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
All Alone v0.1a Pre Alpha (Single Player Zombie RTS Survival)

All Alone

All Alone is a single player zombie RTS survival map, focusing on different aspects never before seen in a zombie survival. Rather than having a massive open sandbox world with one hero to survive, you have to make an army, hide in your base at night and defend agaisnt the undead hord while gathering gold during the day to produce more units. The amount of enemy units and unit types increase as you play, different units having different effects on the battlefield. Bosses will be greatly focused on in the future, each boss night (not regular nights!) will soon choose a random hero out of 4-5 different ones, each with their own abilities and loot etc. Player hero's may be implemented in future versions, but that hasn't been confirmed. Here's some more details:

Gameplay trailer:

Please note the game is not in its final stages.

I pressure you to give the game a try! View attachment All Alone 0.2a.w3x

Units:
Human:
Militia - Self explanitory, weak melee unit useful when massed, and becomes a waste of money late game. (2 gold)
Soldier - Average melee unit, makes the bulk of your army's melee. (12 gold)
Grunt - Heavy melee unit, very strong attack and high hit points. (100 gold)
Marine - Average ranged unit, makes the bulk of your ranged army units. (13 gold)
LongBow - Very long range, high damage unit. Slow attack rate, extremely weak. (50 gold)
Medic - Needed in order to survive later levels. This unit is your only source of health regeneration during the night. (60 gold)
Watch Tower -Building- Needed in order to survive throughout the game. This building is very good for defence with high damage and high attackspeed. (200 gold)
More to come (this is still PRE Alpha)

Undead:
Gould(common) - 4 different variations of zombie, with slight differences of speed, health, and damage. Makes the bulk of the enemy. Generally a weak unit.
Banshee - Regular ranged undead unit. Low damage, low health. Make sure these units dont build up or you have trouble!
Sludge - Special unit - The sludge has the "slow" ability and a "slow poison" attack. High health and damage.
Boomzor - Special unit - Explodes when reaches below 20% health. Damages all units within 500 range (removes half their health, then causes 10 more damage). Very high running speed UNTIL attacked (280 -> 150). Very high health, high damage.
Baby Goulds - A quick and agile unit with very fast attack speed and attacks in masses, but is weak. The Baby Gould has an 85% chance to dodge attacks (due to its small size) but takes 0.5 seconds to recover from the dodge (0.5 second cool down)

Boss:
Pit Lord (need a name) - The only boss in the game at this moment. Secretz. (he is buggy, sometimes the abilities malfunction)

Gameplay features:
Night/Day - During the day, all your units regenerate health, including your buildings. No zombies spawn besides zombies spawned at the gold carts (explained later). During the night, zombies continuously attack. Bosses may appear if you have reached a high enough difficulty amount (increased over time).

Corruption - When your unit walks over blight, he receives damage over time. Zombies have a VERY high rate of health regeneration while on blight.

Gold carts - The only source of gold during the day besides slow ambient income. Move your worker near the cart to collect gold. Amount of gold received = 5 gold per worker. Be cautious, when mining the gold, the "heat" increases, which increases the chance for zombies to spawn. stop mining to let the "heat" dissipate over time. <-- This adds challenge late game to protect your workers, however allows u to collect gold relatively easily early game.

Epic night/day transitions - See for yourself. Im pretty proud haha.

Custom Sound - Custom sound / music throughout the game (most sounds from Left 4 Dead or Fallout NEw Vegas).

Increasing amount of enemies! - Tonnes of different enemies, soon each enemy will have different variations to make the game feel more authentic ^_^

SCREENIES
Gahh *rage* All the screenies i took (12) are not supported by the hive workshop.. Il upload them another time i guess D: But you should still try the game, cause i need ideas n feedback! (remember this is in alpha :p)

Warning - Large map file due to sound/music files. Open using your world editor to play. I have NOT given proper credits to models used in the game as not all models/sounds have been fully implemented into the game. Do NOT redistribute or modify the map without my permission!

All Versions (from new to old)
View attachment All Alone 0.2a.w3x
View attachment All Alone 0.1a.w3x

Last edited:
Level 7
I downloaded it and gave it a quick try, but nothing happened.

Suggestions:
[x] Your trigger system allows for a lot of leaks and lag.
[x] The game started halfway through a night time cycle(?)
[x] The building buttons need organizing.
[x] Polish you're tool-tips.
[x] Remove the ability to gather wood if it isn't used.
[x] Add "quests" which explain the functions of the game.

It's good I am very excited for it once it has had a little more work in it, looks like a very fun and promising game. Don't stop working! :thumbs_up:

:fp:If you could upload an updated version that would be awesome; Because it wasn't working for me.

Last edited:
If you add some screenshots to your post, then I'm sure you'll more replies as well.
Gonna check the map now.
Also it's 'focusing' not 'fucusing'
edit: I love the special effects when it's night time and the sound effects! The game is also kinda fun.
Some suggestions:
  • Add trees, animated grass, ...
  • Add a quest log with some tips
  • Add an intro
  • Periodic tips
  • More special effects
  • Make mining a bit clearer

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Level 8
If you add some screenshots to your post, then I'm sure you'll more replies as well.
Gonna check the map now.
Also it's 'focusing' not 'fucusing'
edit: I love the special effects when it's night time and the sound effects! The game is also kinda fun.
Some suggestions:
  • Add trees, animated grass, ...
  • Add a quest log with some tips
  • Add an intro
  • Periodic tips
  • More special effects
  • Make mining a bit clearer

Hmm, oddly enough, your input has inspired me to work on this. Thanks, screenies coming soon

Level 8
I downloaded it and gave it a quick try, but nothing happened.

Suggestions:
[x] Your trigger system allows for a lot of leaks and lag.
[x] The game started halfway through a night time cycle(?)
[x] The building buttons need organizing.
[x] Polish you're tool-tips.
[x] Remove the ability to gather wood if it isn't used.
[x] Add "quests" which explain the functions of the game.

It's good I am very excited for it once it has had a little more work in it, looks like a very fun and promising game. Don't stop working! :thumbs_up:

:fp:If you could upload an updated version that would be awesome; Because it wasn't working for me.

The triggers are something not yet polished. Im simply trying to get the game mechanics in place before doing the repairs.
Thanks for the input, ive been away for around a week, hense a delay in replies.

Level 7
I played it again today for about 22 minutes before killing the mini-boss, pit lord. I enjoyed myself quiet a bit and even had to restart three or four times before getting the hang of it and killing the boss. Found out that the win strategy is to encase your marines along with a medic inside walls.

Here comes the suggestion part, noticed a few things.
[x] It cost Lumber to repair structures.
[x] Walls have unavailable ability Magic Sentry.
[x] Decrease unit occlusion so they can move between each other easier.
[x] Add new towers.
[x] Give zombies siege units.

Aesthetic suggestions
[x] Organize unit icon positions. Cheapest to most expensive.
[x] Organize building icons positions. Wall, Tower and Barracks.
[x] Redo you're unit tool-tips. Sorry but I don't like non informational tool-tips.

Level 8
I played it again today for about 22 minutes before killing the mini-boss, pit lord. I enjoyed myself quiet a bit and even had to restart three or four times before getting the hang of it and killing the boss. Found out that the win strategy is to encase your marines along with a medic inside walls.

Here comes the suggestion part, noticed a few things.
[x] It cost Lumber to repair structures.
[x] Walls have unavailable ability Magic Sentry.
[x] Decrease unit occlusion so they can move between each other easier.
[x] Add new towers.
[x] Give zombies siege units.

Aesthetic suggestions
[x] Organize unit icon positions. Cheapest to most expensive.
[x] Organize building icons positions. Wall, Tower and Barracks.
[x] Redo you're unit tool-tips. Sorry but I don't like non informational tool-tips.

Thanks for the feedback. Ive been busy so not much has been added to the new version.

Ive been holding back on giving zombie units siege weapons... Thats something i personally hate because they always seem to get annoying. But maybe suicide guys that dont continually attack would be nice? or a tower that only targets enemy siege units... Hmm

The tool-tips were me having some fun while i was thinking up a story to go along with the game.
I would give you rep, but i already did haha. Thanks again

Level 7
I only suggest the siege weapons, because after a few waves if you sit there and defend the base; you can encase marines in walls and the towers as well. Making them just about invulnerable. The suicidal exploding unit sounds like a good idea, kind of like a boomzer but just runs at a target and explodes.

Just shooting around ideas, I enjoyed the game a lot so looking forward for another update! cheers.

Level 8
Next update is gonna have a lot of additions :p Ive already added an artillery tower, new enemy and ally units, upgraded walls, research facility (after every night you gain X research point(s), of which you can choose to research one of many different upgrades), Added intel that randomly spawns on the map. Collect it for extra research points! (this is used to get the player out of their base) and a bunch more stuff.

Oh, and a skippable intro cinematic thing (not finished yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.