• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Obvious Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well, I'm starting this discussion because I think it's extremely important and I'm not going to dance around the issue any longer. I think that with parts of the current community blocking any movement toward different styles and time periods of the content being made for WC3. We are forcing people to cater to WC3 instead of their creative endevor; that is wrong.

I would like a serious and intelligent dicussion about this. If you would like an example of what i'm talking about, search for a car on the model forum and see if any of them can compare to cars in real life, or look for a simple man in a tee-shirt.

Not only that, but it's extremely discouraged on a regular basis. The engine deserves more than that, and so please voice your support or disagreement here.

Level 6
I doubt I'm overreacting,

Custom content on almost every other game i've played is very broad, Look at a game like Quake 3 for instance. I'm not saying the site doesn't have truely different content,i'm saying it's completely discouraged when it isn't living in a fantasy world.

Level 22
We have what the resource makers want to build. We have loads of star wars, starcraft, feudal Japan, dynasty warrior, anime models because thats what ther resource makers wanted to build or felt like making. If they suddenly start wanting to build modern day models and material, then we'll suddenly have a lot of those, too. Its not the site, but the resource makers you should be bringing this issue up to. But if you do, they'll probably think you are just making requests to them, and they don't like that.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
VGsatomi said:
We have what the resource makers want to build. We have loads of star wars, starcraft, feudal Japan, dynasty warrior, anime models because thats what ther resource makers wanted to build or felt like making. If they suddenly start wanting to build modern day models and material, then we'll suddenly have a lot of those, too. Its not the site, but the resource makers you should be bringing this issue up to. But if you do, they'll probably think you are just making requests to them, and they don't like that.
-VGsatomi

Thats a very good point, I've not really viewed it in that manner as i've kind of grouped the providers and the producers as "the site". I don't think i'm gonna ask for anything really. A rule would probably be a solution looking for a problem, and making a separate category for each type of style would get confusing and annoying after a while.

I guess all i would like is some recognition of this.

This was where the comments really stirred me to start this post -
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&ID=4820&sid=ae77eb1d3a0b279c6efe5e7b6b3a4c23

Status
Not open for further replies.