• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How active is the community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I ask because I'm trying to find motivation to continue a campaign project I started a few years ago. I enjoy mapmaking, but I can't help but feel like WC3 is so old that by the time I finished, there would be so few people left that it wouldn't matter, and I don't want to waste a year or more of my free time. And I'm not a huge fan of SC2, mainly because of the lack of art-resources that would allow for aesthetic flexibility.

Level 9
Thanks for the answers, guys. I have decided to continue working on the project. There are still many people around and the number of people online at any given time actually seems to be quite high. That, and there aren't enough good SC2 assets that have been released yet to warrant switching to that game.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

"I don't want to waste a year or more of my free time"

Then don't waste it.

Level 14
TheDanish I recomend you to continue the project to the point where you feel it's finished really. If you complete let's say half, but then stop there because you don't like it anymore, and you consider that the product is mostly finished, you just need to spam same content but with small differences here and there.... if you feel that it's already complete in your mind, then you can stop and move on to something else.

Level 7
We will look forward to your map. We will still be here waiting to test maps from fellow map makers.

It's fun to make a map, and it's also fun to play maps from other people.
The Hive is really active. As you can see daily users online.

Status
Not open for further replies.