• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The multiple faces of wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
attachment.php

Hey guys it's me.

I wanted to make a short thread about a thing that is bugging me a long time now. The faces of warcraft. The meshes of the heads, to be exactly.
I've seen so many epic models made by the users but there's often one way to ruin a great model. It's head. For example, a bloodelf model with a priest head. How often have we seen a priest head now. If you put them into a map, it seems like there a millions of the same person everywhere.

I've put together a personal gallery of what is possible. With little changes you can create entirely different characters. And it's not that hard.
This is not a tutorial but mere an inspiration of what can be done, to increase the variation of heads in wc3.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

All of these examples are more or less heavy edits of existing heads. Often switched texturse and just a few mesh adjustments can make a great deal. So don't hestitate and be creative!

Attachments

• Archer.png
    Archer.png
    198 KB · Views: 335
  • demon.png
    demon.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 388
  • NagaSiren.png
    NagaSiren.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 319
  • orcs.png
    orcs.png
    301.3 KB · Views: 376
  • headline.png
    headline.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 295
Level 10
The Eredar and Stormreaver warlock ones are very impressive although all of them are great models! :grin:

Level 18
Well, I too don't like using Blizzard's faces, so I usually construct my own meshes and then find the appropriate textures.

Good job on these. ^^ Only the beard of the first orc looks a tad rectangular, maybe you should fix that.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is incredibly important; something lost on most Geomergers, I think. It's also nearly essential for a good Hero model; the face is where all the action is!

That being said, since you obviously have some talents in this arena, you should consider actually turning this thread into a tutorial, though it isn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.