• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lord of the Rings

Reactions: Artins the Great
Control one of the key powers during the War of the Ring! Victory can be achieved through military conquest or through the destruction of the One Ring.
Contents

The Lord of the Rings 8.2 (Map)

Level 1
I played your WW2 map, your Galatic Conquest map, and now this map, (this is WoCU-Elladan if you remember that name) and i'm here to give you one order: MAKE MORE MAPS!
I wanna see you make a silmarillion map, that would be awsome
, like set in the first age

Level 10
Thanks, I'm hoping to go through this and some of my other old maps and update them... at some point lol. Right now I'm making WW2 maps, the first of which is Axis&Allies: Europe. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6569&sid=23b4c52cfea7304bea35aa2a58ab6ebf

Level 1
hey, you really got to work on this map
its got alot of empty space in east middle-earth like Minhiriath and Enedwaith. I tried to host it but i think the ppl went crazy from the size of the map and killed themselves...................... anyway keep up with the great work

Level 1
Hello, Lord_Sauron, i would like to know which world editor you used to create this map because i have tried to open it with the standard world editor and it can't. I would like to translate this map in french (because i am french) and perhaps modify it a little. Is it possible ? Do you authorize me to do that ?

Level 1
I forgot to say, i am on mac. As a lot of add-ons for the world editor are on pc i would like to know if yourse is for pc or mac ?

Level 10
Enorniel, this map is protected so that it cann't be opened in the editor. I did this to prevent people from stealing it. If you have any suggestions or things of importance that you think should be translated, let me know but I'm afraid that I can't distribute this map unprotected.

Level 1
I have many suggestions, maybe some of them are completely crazies.
To do a hobbit civilisation with the army of the Thain from the greats smials

Level 1
To create different issues ( if Aragorn and Boromir come to Minas Tirith alives Denethor can sacre Elessar and in this case the cities of Arnor can come to the Gondor player if an unit come near them).
Saruman can start neutral to the free peoples with a lot of green trees in Isengard and can choose to create an army of orcs and Uruk Hai, doing that he become an ennemy of the free peoples. Grimma can be neutral for the Rohan until Saruman attck the Rohan and Saruman can poison the spirit of Theoden if he is in Orthanc, a lord elve, Radagast or Gandalf can stop the poison.
Please do different icons for Merry and Pippin and icons to open and close the gates because when we are less than 12 players it is impossible to open the gates of the allies we control.
The beacons were a great idea why you abandoned it.
Do a moral aspect as in WW2 Europe and a munitions aspects as in WW2 Pacific with the placements of the units.

Level 1
Now my crazies ideas:
to do the complete Endor (middle earth) map according to MERP (Bellakar, Chyan Empire...).
To do a map more at scale( osgiliath take 3 screens in place of 1/2).
It will do a very very very huge map.
If it is possible to have more than 12 players to do others civilisations (Bellakar...).
And to do armies as in Cossacks with thousands of units and formations.

I know it is completely crazy but I think it is interesting.

I have a lot(r);) of others ideas..

Level 11
mm i always enjoy your work lord. btw u should put links to your maps in your sigs (like mine), they will get more views that way. also ive been waiting forever for you to release this out of beta version, but diddnt even know it was out untill i saw someone gave u reputation points and followed the link here.

Level 3
This map needs alot of fixing. When I played most of the spawns gave it too neutral player, and those that spawned ran straight for Osgiliath, which was my enemy.

You really need to add a load progress bar for the beginning of the game because people left cause they didnt have anything.

You might want to consider fixing tons of your bugs before you released this map.

Level 3
I'm pretty sure he stopped work on this masterpiece, unfortunately. He's more interested in his other projects, and has real life consuming lots of time, apparently. I tried begging to get him to continue this, but I got nowhere. :(

Level 3
4/5
very good map, but there are bugs:
-Dol Guldor instead of Dol Guldur
-wingered Nazgul cannot attack land units
-Dain Ironfoot - really he lives in Erebor, not in Iron Hills
-Barad-Dur tower can be destroyed with units

Last edited: