• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Invasion

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: GIANT_CRAB
TELL ME IF IT SUCKS
because this is my first map

Also you can't press F9 on the game so i put the things you need to know while the game is loading

I can't find a tutorial how to make some quest logs or whatever
Contents

The Invasion (Map)

Reviews
19:01, 22nd Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
Quickly before the bad people show up change your description! Add more info about your map!

Level 31
Level 12
Gonna test this.

Edit: lol'd, well, this looks like your own work. ( because i had people who steal maps, like the LOAP guy.. )

Omgz, this is not bad.

-First point, rules marks. 4/5
Doesn't seem to break any rules other than not giving credits to model.

-Second point, Description. 2/5
Not informative enough, pls use BB codes to improve your description. Give credits to anyone who help you.

-Third point, Game-play. 3/5
Pretty balanced, however, it does not provide good game-play, make it more exciting and fun.

-Fourth point, Terrain. 3/5
Spam of doodads. Hills don't form in the middle of the river with trees growing on top of it.

-Fifth point, Triggers. 2/5
Too simple. No custom spells at all.

-This map looks pretty original, this might NOT BE STOLEN. (Pls clarify if this is stolen and show any evidence to prove that its stolen.)

-Overall, 14/20. Congratz. (3.5/5) [rounded down]
-Voting for APPROVAL.

Pretty much a good map, improve your description, heres are some tutorial you may need.
Also, give credits to people who help you, by any means, models, etc.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/various-terraining-tips-144074/

Mods should give him an infraction for not reading the hive rules / not obeying the hive rules / breaking so many rules.

This is a grading system. :D

The description is awful. You do not give any credit for the 10 models you used nor does it explain anything about the map. Terrain is lazy stuff, same tileset nearly entire map and no doodads. The gameplay isn't very good either, extremely predictable about whats going to happen since you have just lazily placed units on the map and not used any triggers to spawn units, issue orders, or anything. Triggering is bad too, I mean, wtf?:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
  • Gates
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Overall: It's a boring map made in 1 hour with bad terrain and gameplay. I found no positives about this map.

Voting for: 1/5 +Vote for rejection

TELL ME IF IT SUCKS

This sucks.

Level 8
=====Map Rating=====
1.Terrain 4.4/10
2.Description 2/10
3.Triggers 3/10
4.Gameplay 4/10
5.Imports 7/10
6.Sounds 0/10
7.Spells 5/10