• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] The Hollow Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey everyone.

I spent a while making this map but stopped ages ago because none of my friends were interested. I figured I'll put it here for people to play and check out. I'm most likely not going to finish it but its pretty close to completion. Some of the map looks bare and there are some events and stuff not in but apart from that it seems to be pretty fun to play.

The map is a post apocalyptic themed survival/open world. You do what ever you want in the map pretty much. You control one survivor, so no base building, although you can buy a house and build some buildings there.

The game is very hard because it deals with really low values and has a ammo system. There isn't melee weapons only guns, of which there are only 3 types of guns.

It's a 3 player map, but you can choose to kill each other or band together.

I don't want to give too much away because I'd rather you go in and experience the map for yourself. Also remember, it's okay to die, this map is pretty hard and has some luck involved with the combat. Be sure to use everything to your advantage to tip the battles in your favour.

Lastly, if you guys want me to credit things I have used, I can try to find the names of all the people's stuff I used.

Be sure to read the quests if you need help! Enjoy :)

Link to pastbin: The Hollow Creatures Beta 1.5

Screenshots:
war3%202015-12-29%2014-31-29-64.jpg
War3%202015-12-29%2014-45-27-82.jpg
War3%202015-12-29%2014-46-35-27.jpg
War3%202015-12-29%2014-49-42-44.jpg
War3%202015-12-29%2014-50-41-89.jpg

Last edited:
Level 19
I can't progress in the map since I have very low hp and die easily. 5 neutrals aggroing me after I revived.

Well I suggest to use a custom tileset and trees, nice doodads but needs a bit more deco.
Terrain is flat needs more variation. The music bro I doesn't fit but its not a requirement. Will update this soon.

Level 14
Your map seems to be very entertaining even still in WIP.
The one that probably intrigue me is the trees at the starting because they doesn't fit with the tiles.

As apcrab said, you should use a custom tileset and improve the enviroment but anyway you still working on something as a beta version.

The map doesn't look so bad afterall, keep up the good work. :)

Level 10
I love the map! To be honest i'm in the middle of the game, but i die so much that i feel right now is a good time.
First, I loves the terrain and difficulty
Second, You should have a melee weapon that you start with because I run out way to fast and i can't fight
Third, I have no idea, I'll tell you if i find anything else.

Level 7
Yeah terrain wasn't a main thought for me. So it is pretty bad sorry :S.

I'm glad you guys are struggling cos it is pretty damn hard. I find myself dying a few times but usually its because I didn't scout ahead of me properly and caught the attention of 3 other guys.

Using defend in the task menu is a life saver though.

I might work on this again considering people are enjoying their time playing. I am thinking about adding a binocular item (works like far sight with a low range).

Second, You should have a melee weapon that you start with because I run out way to fast and i can't fight

Yeah that was the last thing I was going to add before I stopped working on it. I could add that in though :).

Lastly, I really like the undead music.. So I just used that in :p.

Edit: Oh if you are wondering why you start in a lush green zone, that's suppose to be the 3 guys before the apocalypse attempting to pack up and drive to safety. I didn't do a very good job but oh well lol.

Level 7
The Flesh demon is pretty much only able to be killed with others, or if you are maxed, and yes you can craft a weapon, but you gotta create your house first.

I left all 5 parts in the house area once you buy it to bug test the crafting and forgot to take them out lol, but you can sell extra parts.

Edit: I stopped development before I added other ways to craft the gun sadly, the only was is inside your house zone once you get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.