1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Hobbit

Submitted by Horselord12
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
The Hobbit

This map based on novel The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien. It's prolouge of Lord of the Rings , tells Bilbo's story with the 13 dwarves and Gandalf the Grey. They try to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from Smaug the evil dragon.

In the map I placed custom items,made,custom units and techtree,abilities. The 13 dwaves are different as you will see(7 unique units, 3 mortar teams).

Otherwise: Original creator is ^witch-king^, but he brokes off the map, in original map was only original wc units, bugged techtree, error tiggers,poor terrain, and dwarves were pathetic weak, bilbo was mega slow and Smaug automatic died when bilbo entered in his hideout many cinematic speeches showed too little time.

Screenshots
1.loading screen [​IMG]

2.Meeting with Gollum
[​IMG]

3.In Beorn's forest [​IMG]

4.Second foe: the goblins of Gundabad [​IMG]

5.The Main Foe: Smaug the Magnificant's cave [​IMG]

Changelog
version 1.9 I fixed the problems added cinematics, Smaug is stronger, human towers got fortified armor, cavetrolls elite units of goblins, the goblin leader Bolg added. Used skins and models.
version 2.3 Added many icons, changed terrain, new weapons, new shop system, new spells/abilities, "smaug travel bug" fixed. Again added new skins, and models.
version 3.0(currently) I made AI for Goblins, and some icons for authentic, I fixed the active icon problems, new loadingscreen, techtree renamed and modifided and use custom icons, Bolg is stronger, Bilbo is weaker, Ring ability changed, Smaug is now a hero, useless warcraft extra items deleted,better terrain, the ugly ramps deleted, placed lotr ruin models instead of warcraft.
Warcraft quest system added , Lotr music theme, I used the awesome dragon skin for Smaug from Soc pack. Balancer gameplay , knights' damage and hp lower, wargriders got small armor type. Stronger towers, + many things etc.

Credits
Special thanks to model/skin/icon/creators
-karland90
-Mr.Bob
-iristle
-Radagast
-Pyramidhe@d
-DarkChaplain
-Frankster
-Norindar
-Tranquil
-Callahan
-Hueter
-67chrome
-Kuhnegetz
-Cloudwolf
-HappyTauren
-Red Shift
-D.O.G
-Forgotten_Warlord
-Kitabatake
-JetfangInferno
-Stanakin SkyWalker
-Fingolfin
-Grodosh
-Ezikielth
-Thorneon
-Deon
-NFwar
-Furby
-Golden Drake
-CRAZZYRUSSAIN
-Luckerguy
-Tenebrae
-Amaagard
-Deolrin
-D.ee
-Tiki
-Massivemaster
-Sellenisko
-olofmoleman
-hellbrazer-14
-Mc
-Ket
-shamanyoranus
-FreiBier
-chilla_killa
-GreyArchon
-Jo27killed
-kola
-tamerleine
-Darkfang
-De.ee
-Furby
-Static
and -Kobas- & Veagencekael for helpful suggests
Special thanks to Ea company for the beatiful music,Waldbaer & Dragonblood Creations for useful icons , skins models, and certainly Tolkien.

Author's Note
This is not the final version. In the future, I will make more cinematics and realistic things and fixed buggs and repair error +update. And I planning new ending and optional quest too. I welcome the proposal,advice,suggest or constructive criticism.

Edit: Screenshoots added!

Keywords:
Lotr,lord of the rings,bilbo,hobbit,dragon,goblins,adventure, gandalf,dale,erebor,mirkwood,elves,troll
Contents

The Hobbit (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [IMG] Date: 2012/May/17 00:36:53 Reasons: Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor...
  1. Vengeancekael - [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/May/17 00:36:53

Reasons:
    Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial

Other:
    Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
    Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
    Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: [Rejected]
    Endurance aura still has an active icon and please add some fresh custom spells and improve their tooltip a bit more.
    Maybe also ask someone to improve the terrain for you.
    Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Old Moderation
    Vengeancekael - [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/Apr/12 15:30:13

Reasons:

Other:
    Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Map set back to pending.

Vengeancekael: Private Message
    Date: 2011/Dec/02 18:05:22

Reasons:
    Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial
    Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials
    The disabled versions of custom icons are not imported.

Other:

Comment: The terrain's quality is quite low, it just makes the map unacceptable, try not to use blizzard cliffs, work with height tools and fill the terrain with bushes, grass, custom environment models, etc.
    Your map also lacks some originality gameplay-wise, it's way too generic.
    And don't use active icons for passive things, like a passive skill.
    And Bilbo's voice doesn't really fit.
    Also check the other things listed above.

2. marko9

marko9

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will not download until you add more Info on Map - screenshots and improve description and I will test the map !

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map terrain is really bad, you should increase palyable map area.
    Also Items are random, I can understand weapons or ring but dunno why you added some like that gloves of haste item...

4. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gloves of haste is extra item , and placed some other ones , and extra items are useful for Bilbo or Thorin do not have to use extra items.
    Well as I wrote its not final version, about the terrain it would be nice if you elaborate that, which part or all map(otherwise i placed many destructibes and doodads). Just I ask causes the terrain's big part made as it telled in the book,but I will check for better terrain type.

And I going to make better description and update map soon.
    Have a nice day!

marko9: I dont know how to make screenshoot currently.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. PyroKnight

PyroKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    I somehow think this is not your map, i have played this map a years ago. When i was newbie in the mapmaking scheme.

6. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wrote in describe : ^witch-king^ is original creator , maybe its why familiar, original map was on epicwar. You can dl now too from there.

7. PyroKnight

PyroKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, i didn't read the text fully. ;)

8. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Define the type of the map

9. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here is yours and expected terrain.
    You should work on it, add special effects and lightning effects to it, especially to terrain where you created elves. Find some awesome models and import them as well, custom water model or some trees, rocks can improve terrain a lot, I needed 5 min to fix your terrain there (because I needed to create some objects, usually 2 or 3 min can do), so work on it, good terrain equal to better quality.

Attached Files:

10. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hard to choose map type, but I changed.

Thanks for tip, y I see the difference, in this you are right, but in Desolution of Smaug I can't make green trees or simple forest where he burned the land and destroyed the all life. The elves, they arent the noble high elves like in Rivendell or in Lorien, they much less developed but they had advanced magics too and in book the elven caves were almost empty. What you showed it's ideal for 1 part of Mirkwood or Beorns forest(It's great help,awesome). Well I do all to make better terrain and thank you the suggests.

11. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can use rocks then :)

12. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map and the describtion updated! :wink:

I hope after this update, my map will be approved finally.

Oh I almost forgot; at winning One Ring Scorescreen placed! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  13. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you re-add the map type?

14. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did again. Otherwise 1-2 days and I will upload the new update.

15. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm..I thought I seen a Hobbit cinematic to the good old Hobbit book, but now a playable map for it and going killing stuff? Hmmmm...I might try this out.

16. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why killing...
    It sounds ,If I look at it your consideration , the all maps which processing Middle-Earth in Warcraft 3 , killing the original story and enjoy offal?

Otherwise from Tribute and Love to book, I created the map.

17. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    *You're still using active icons for passive skills (example Endurance Aura)
    *Add some actual custom spells, while some of the spells do fit the map, the rest just looks bad and honestly with the terrain's low quality you should at least try to cover it with some flashy/neat spells.
    *The terrain is still bad, especially in the first area, the terrain tile you've used looks bad in general, use more grass tiles and add some trees, bushes, etc.
    *Remove the typos you've done in the dialogue, for example instead of "your" it says "you", these kind of typos just make the dialogue look unprof. and 'stupid'.

Map set back to pending. Also why are you using custom icons (probably made for warcraft 3), but a real photo for Gandalf? :/

18. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright I will search good spell models, and yes I know too Lordaeron summer worst Tileset ever in wc3... yes I will try to add more tiles and I try place some custom tree. But the problem with the custom trees the half map is a meele battle region, but I do what I can.I don't understand the icon thing totally but I will check the forum about it.

The typos, ok i will fix this. I use icons causes I think better and more authenticer if I use the real one potraits for the heroes(in my opinion better watching them than warcraft ones). If you think the photos are very annoying , I can change them to other style.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  19. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    The custom icones made by the users is nice, I just don't like the one with Gandalf being real.

As for the active/passive thing, basically:
    Active Icon (with border, something that can be used/cast)
    [​IMG]

Passive Icon (no border, blackness, cannot be used, usually aura/etc.)
    [​IMG]