• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
1) I don't like the way he portrayed Legolas (They SO overglorified his role when they found out how popular he was for the second and third movies)
2) I just don't think he's *that* good of an actor... You can see in the luaghable attempt to speak a classic quote from LOTR right in the video linked in this thread...
3) His fanbase is larger then my country. And there's nothing I hate more then screaming teenage girls obsessing over a guy who they will most likely never meet, never know personally, and never, ever, in the wildest of situations, marry and have children with.

Level 36
That's what i'm talking about in the overglorification. They just make him seem so uber compared to the others that its just an obvious attempt to garner more fan base.

And yes, they want to have sex with him day and night, but I thought that would naturally fall in with the marriage and baby-making activities.

Level 36
Yes, they are supposed to be uber, but not THAT uber, just to be better then humans at just about everything by a marginal amount, not to posses such overdone acrobatic, weapons, etc kind of skills that are found in the movies. Notice how J.R.R Tolkien makes no reference to any of these moments in the books, which means that they were added intentionally for the movie, which leads me to believe that they're added to make Legolas look good so as to increase his already oversized fanbase.

Level 36
That is true, but myself being the hardcore fan... well it was disappointing to see the light constantly cast upon Legolas, when you have someone like.... oh ... say.... FREAKING GANDALF who is bloody IMMORTAL and has more power then Legolas could possibly know what to do with getting the short end of the stick. Even Aragorn is more powerful then Legolas, him being the heir of Elendil, Anduril, etc, all that jazz. Really the only people who Legolas beat out in a competition of power were the Hobbits and Boromir, maybe Gimli (I like Gimli way better.) Sure, it's Hollywood, but it doesn't fit in with the power scheme that Tolkien created to give him all the glory. Really, its because of his looks as an actor that he got all the attention, not because of his canonical position of power. His fangirls could give a rats ass about that.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Gimli was not so funny in the books but adding those funny parts to the movie was ok:emote_grin:

I'm wasted on cross-country! We Dwarves are natural sprinters; very dangerous over short distances.
Get me up, I'm a rider!
If I had time I'd get this adjusted (ring mail hits the ground) ...it's a little tight across the chest.
Oh you could have picked a better spot...
Legolas: Shall I describte it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?
Gimli: ...Hehehehe...

The jumping on the horse on the warg battle was ok, as his skill with bow and arrow, but taking a down a mumakil on his own was just too much (for legolas).

Level 36
I certainly agree :D The addition of humor just added a whole 'nother flavour to the movies, and I enjoyed it. Plus it made you pick a character and root for them, whereas in the book they were all pretty equal... with the exception of Aragorn and Gandalf, who were (and are in the movies) uber pwn... and legolas... who was just knowledgable about things, but not really powerful...

Status
Not open for further replies.