• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Hive Workshop Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have 1 insane idea, why didn't we make such an greatest map ever that mention us?? Just like normal war3 game (We shall discuss which type is it: Hero Survival, TD, AoS, whatever..)... The different is all heroes are based on our name and avatar, each member make 1 hero.. What do you think??

Level 32
Capital Idea!

This may be an idea for which the time has come, CoolSoFar.

Between the lot of us we might be able to develop an interesting product. The resulting quality would depend most heavily on how may users could be recruited for such an ambitious project and how much time and effort they could put forth. It would (IMO) have to be an outstanding map in order to carry our name.

Our Chieftain, Administrators and Moderators would undoubtedly carry the greatest amount of weight in this and every single user's input should be encouraged and welcomed.

What say you, The Hive?

[off topic] ~ Thread moved to Project Recruitment.

Level 8
I like the idea. Sometimes, though, large-group projects become extremely disorganized and fall apart. We would have to develop a rigid time frame for people to work on it and such.

I would help to my fullest extent if this were to happen.

Level 7
Not really big project, 1 member give 1 heroes.. You don't give heroes than you didin't have any credits in this map, all we must think now is the gameplay..

Let other member make the heroes...

Anyway guys, any idea what type this map will be?? AoS/TD/HeroSurvival/New Type??

Level 7
Crazy idea, make it as AoS, TD, Hero Arena and HeroSurvival at same time... Here's the description:

*You play your map like AoS 4 on 4
Team:
The Alpha Member (4 player, 1 computer)
The Beta Member (4 player, 1 computer)
The Admin (1 computer)

*Your hero can make tower, only buildable in rect A

*Each 10 minutes the best hero will fight 1 on 1

*The Admin will are creeps that spawned for TD and Hero Survival

What to do:
Defend your base, slight leveling at HeroSurvival, slight gold from TD and kill enemy at AoS

Map looks like:
prevrq2.th.png

The red line is way(sorry I am too rush to make such an good picture)

Level 7
I was thinknig somethng like this would be fun though i might need somebody to make me my model cause i caqn't :p.I was thinkin it could be a hero arena like mods vs users or something like that!

Anyways this could be a great map if we all pitch in!

Level 7
Can somebody maybe make me mine or something im not good at modeling....heheheh.>.< Well if not i guess i can't be apart of it..

Level 5
I dont think its got to include a custom model. But im not in charge of it..
If everybody who wanted to be a part of the project had to create a custom model, then it would take awfully much space..

But if we have to create a new model, then forget about me, im sucky at moddeling.. :D

Level 7
Then must we make an open RPG like Ham Ham said??

Anyway Gizmo you not must make an model if there's 1 model that looks like you, ex: for prince of ice you can use arthaN model which looks like combination between arthas and Nerzhul

For me I can use white wolf:emote_grin: , but terribly sorry if there's no one models looks like your avatar better you start make it

Level 5
Oh, ive got it then! Its like that.. Well, I guess ill have to change my avatar then, eh? Or maybe use a furbolg? Cause there is no way, that i can start modeling! I have no idea how to! xD..

And if I cant have my hero, then I will try to help the project the best i can anyway :)

Level 7
Just 1 last thing needed, not enough hero...

If I count all of us all I get is just 4 heroes, we need more than 4 to make 1 map

Level 27
I would say: 'No import on your hero' because otherwise everyone thats a bit to enthuastic goes importing models of 400 kb and putting all the heroes in will go way above the limit ... just use normal models

Orpg? ... i dunno .. mostly orps are not the most popular maps..

Level 7
Then stop just watching and give me some idea.. HeroSurvival+AoS?? (+TD or +Hero Arena shall not, it's too insane) You play AoS but always a creeps spawn too defeat both you and your enemies wee call it the AoS which attacked by creeps

Wand... If you musn't import an model looks like your avatar than use one that looks like but basic one, I can use winter wolf...

Level 5
Does the hero has to look like the avatar? I mean, many people in here have avatars that cant turn out as warcraft units, and if they want to participate, the wil be unable to do that.. I would say it would be easier that everybody create a hero that they want to create, without importing models.. The size of the map would just turn out massive..

Edit: Wand, that is true.. But what do you have in mind, then? :)

Level 7
Nope, even people can make an Naruto Maps with a blademaster named Rock Lee...

All I speak about if the most looks alike, for you better use ursa warrior (w/o armor or course) or sasquatch could fit (with 0.2 scaling value)

Level 5
Yes, that's also what i suggest, CoolSoFar. But I think people should have the freedom to create whatever hero they wanted to. So if they would have a great idea for a intelligence based hero, but they had an avatar like Ice, they would be unable to create it... But it would be quite fun to make hero imitaions of the members here :)

Level 7
Make any hero you want to, even if you want to make Kixer(sorry Kix, I don't know why I write your name) or HappyTauren(Terribly sorry, don't know why I write your name too) just don't make MetalWarrior or Vaka.. Make me sick...

@DoOS: sorry... I never hear your maps name before and I don't know some1 has this idea before

Level 7
Just like you make hero for your own map but you submit here?? Freely make a hero right?? Just remember:

1. 1 Model = 1 Hero
2. No Overpower

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
To me, all this sound like a young teenager's sudden wc3 mod idea :emote_laugh:
"Hey! Come on, community. Let's all make a huge map together!"
Hehe, seems like a person who's just really excited, but has no sense of occasion whatsoever :p

No great map was/is created like that, it's just not that simple :p And I could imagine that no staff member of this site would participate in such an unorganized & loose project which have no proper 'base ground'. Besides most of "us" have other things to do, so "we" wouldn't have the time anyway.

Sorry, I dont think this project will go anywhere. Atleast not with any staff member's contribution.

But good luck nonetheless xD

Level 7
Then looks like I will do this after my project finished, with or without help...

@Archian, please... Open the challenge section till last 3 week, I need it for 3 week challenge with Kixer

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If a THW map was going to be made it would have to feture only the very best of THW.

1. No CoolSoFar or other beginners (currently most of the people who wanted to join) since the map needs the best of THW to work on it which includes the admins and moderators and a few other people since all your trigger contribution would be of unaxceptable quality and simplicity to go in it.
  2. No public designing (especialy CoolSoFar's ideas), the admins (with moderator imput) would have to design the map in every detail, writing and counting ballence in every way since they the most experienced people at mapping and know what WC3 can do (beginners do not) and also what appeals to most people.
  3. Everything done to the map would have to be checked by atleast 2 compitent people making sure that everything is perfect.
  4. Models/icons would be selected by moderators who know whats best.

So really most of the community would have no part in it.

Why do we not do it?
Us admins/moderators do not have enough free time, looking after this site is tough enough already. Soon even more work will be issued with the 1000 odd spells that are going to need approving from wc3sear and the 1000s of skins from wc3sear as well.

So if you want to make a map from the community of THW, go a head but you will not be an official THW map unless the moderators/admins are involved which currently is not the case.

Level 7
In short mean we must not do it cause will harm THW good name and you guys can't do it cause don't have time... Damn! Must learn more and became a good one in WE...

Off-Topic: Dr Super Good the way you described your feature really hurt me, you write 1. No CoolSoFar and 2.No public designing (especialy CoolSoFar's ideas)... can't you just write it beginner member or others something?? Really hurt read the second one, especialy me...

EDIT: Just close and delete the thread, never revive it

Level 11
I think your main problem would be organization. Are you going to have 1 or more people working on the terrain? If so, when will they get the map and what will they do? It also doesn't seem like you have much of an idea for how the map will work. I can very well agree with Archian. You'd think a larger project would be completed faster, but the problem with more users is keeping them organized.

Level 8
As nice as it would be to have the best of the best team up to make an amazing map, the idea and organization of this thread fails to deliver.

There are many other very skilled map makers out there but you need a more developed and organized idea if you want to be taken seriously.

Level 12
Me and Kixer already working on a project that will create a Hiveworkshop's map. It has already a base, I've made the map already and now we are working on modifying it to a level where all gamers would love it. We are doing a Multi level distribution technique for the map, like Loap.

Level 32
As Archian and Dr Super Good have stated it would be difficult for most of the Administrators and Moderators to contribute due to our responsibilities and constraints upon our time. In practice any such "Hive Workshop Map" project should be led by the Hive's staff. Without the active leadership and participation of our admins and mods, a map couldn't possibly (in my opinion) carry our name.

Nonetheless, CoolSoFar I applaud your ambition and encourage you to develop this map as best you are able, and also encourage all those who are interested to help make it a success.

It may be necessary to rename this thread to more accurately reflect your project's members and goals.

Level 7
@Dr.Super Good:I didn't quite understand..so no people in THW that are unable to contribute to the game can't be in it.If this is what you mean then i am out raged if it isn't then regard this message.

Just because a member of THW can't do much doesn't mean there not worth the trouble of putting in a THW map.In my opinion All members with an ok amount of rep (around 10 or up) should be included.'

Like i said if it wasn't what you meant jsut ignore this massage.

Level 7
If a THW map was going to be made it would have to feture only the very best of THW.

1. No CoolSoFar or other beginners (currently most of the people who wanted to join) since the map needs the best of THW to work on it which includes the admins and moderators and a few other people since all your trigger contribution would be of unaxceptable quality and simplicity to go in it.
  2. No public designing (especialy CoolSoFar's ideas), the admins (with moderator imput) would have to design the map in every detail, writing and counting ballence in every way since they the most experienced people at mapping and know what WC3 can do (beginners do not) and also what appeals to most people.
  3. Everything done to the map would have to be checked by atleast 2 compitent people making sure that everything is perfect.
  4. Models/icons would be selected by moderators who know whats best.

So really most of the community would have no part in it.

Why do we not do it?
Us admins/moderators do not have enough free time, looking after this site is tough enough already. Soon even more work will be issued with the 1000 odd spells that are going to need approving from wc3sear and the 1000s of skins from wc3sear as well.

So if you want to make a map from the community of THW, go a head but you will not be an official THW map unless the moderators/admins are involved which currently is not the case.

No, just no.

Level 5
Ive got two things to say...#1 A frost worm would make a fairly good hero becuase open rpgs have no hero limits. besides, if we have plenty of people desgining heros theres bound to be more than just one type of dragon used for heros. and #2 I am a fairly good terrainer and im fairly good with the triggers, although im hopeless with jass o_o

Level 5
Me and Kixer already working on a project that will create a Hiveworkshop's map. It has already a base, I've made the map already and now we are working on modifying it to a level where all gamers would love it. We are doing a Multi level distribution technique for the map, like Loap.

Now you can explain what makes your idea so much better and why everyone will love it.

Level 7
Wow, I like the idea!

But please don't make an ORPG. That would require too much online time to play.

I really like CoolSoFar's idea.

My suggestions:

1. We decide the map type and the terrain basics. Like CSF did.
2. After that, we choose 1 person (perhaps the best terrainer) to do the terrain.
3. When he is done, we choose another person to do the basic units like shops, upgrader/creepsender buildings etc..
4. During their work or before that, we decide on the items/recipes and everybody's hero.
5. When the "3. step person" is done, everybody who want themselves as a hero or want to make items or units, start to make them and send them in a small map (like in the spell section) to a moderator or a chosen to collect and implement it in the main map. He should implement existing systems like an extended inventory system or the Assistance System etc.
6. After that, we choose a triggerer pro who will do the finalization like multiboards, income etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.