• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Heart of the Forest 1.0.38

The Heart of the Forest
v1.0.38

This is a hero defense map.
There are 25 (+5) heroes to choose from. Choose one and defend the Heart of the Forest.
If desired, you can play with an architect, who also builds towers for defense.
Later in the game you can buy various items and every 8th level is an special level (see information in game).
All in all there are 66 Level to beat.
Playable with 1-9 players. Empty slots are played by the computer (AI).
Able for Lan, Battle-Net and Single-Player.
Try also this tower defense map or Another TD

Details
Size:1414kb
Levels:66
Players:1-9
Heroes:25 + 5 rare random + architect
Money:no loot, money after each level +
interest depending on the points
Difficulty:5 difficulties
Modes:Normal: 8 heroes + 1 Architect building towers
Classic: just heroes (9)

About the heroes
Every hero gain one level every second wave.
(66 waves -> max level: 33)
Every hero has 4 abilities. 3 with 10 grades and one with 3 grades.

About the architect
In normal game mode there is one architect in game played by human instead of a hero. The architect builds towers for defense.

Score
With every kill you get more score. With a higher score you get more interest.

Money
Every player gets money after each wave. On this money you get a certain interest rate. With money you buy items or build towers (architect)

Waves
By and by new waves are coming (66 total). By the time it gets harder.
These waves are trying to destroy the Heart of the Forest.

190189-albums6717-picture73592.png

190189-albums6717-picture73593.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73594.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73596.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73597.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73598.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73599.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73600.jpg

190189-albums6717-picture73601.jpg

PROGRAMMING
-none so far

FEEDBACK / TIPS
-SeedinAethyr
-Hell_Master
-Landmine
-jonhysone

-Release
-improved terrain
-improved information in game
-Firelord has instead incinerate a fire-wave
-improved terrain (again)
-tower sale is less life-dependent
-towers will be stronger with each level
-the heart of the forest suffers 125% damage
-improved unit-debug
-classic mode is a little easier
-PC Heroes doesn't 'buy' Cannons anymore, but the Horn of Courage
-PC Heroes cast tranquility up to end
-5 new heroes, just per random hero
-5 difficulties
-towers have higher life-regeneration
1.0.36/37/38
-some improvements/fixes
-Feralspirit better and tooltip fixed
-normal (with architect) gamemode harder
-tower-cancel-get-money-back-bug fixed

A short story:
The heart of the forest is an important part of the symbiosis of the earth.
But nasty villains are sending their minions to destroy it to use the chaos to their advantage - it looks hopeless!
But you, the guardians of the free nations, have joined together to protect the heart of the forest!

Keywords:
Hero, defense, heroes, hero defense, new, good, 66 Level, 60 Level, many levels, single, much Levels, player, 9 players, epic, epic-maul, pro, nice, t
Contents

The Heart of the Forest 1.0.38 (Map)

Reviews
15:39, 3rd Apr 2013 Orcnet: a simple yet action packed map, although I recommend you to make a credit list and change log in the quest menu, other than that map is approved

M

15:39, 3rd Apr 2013
Orcnet: a simple yet action packed map, although I recommend you to make a credit list and change log in the quest menu, other than that map is approved

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Heart Of The Forest is a hero defense map. It has simple gameplay, but is quite fun because of the relatively small amount of items and because you can just kill absolute masses of enemies. I like how many heroes you have, and how each hero has some variety. However, due to your very large amount of heroes, I was not able to test many of them. I like your Architect hero and how his towers are unlocked over time. I also like how the Architect is "passed down" between the players. If Red doesn't want it, Blue will get the chance to get it... I like that system. I also liked how you put in two game modes, not just one. I like your items because you don't have an overwhelming amount, you state the costs right beside the item so the player doesn't need to memorize the costs, and although the items are pretty simple, they aren't regular Warcraft 3 items. One last thing I liked was that the map is playable in singleplayer. I'm a big fan of maps that can be played in singleplayer. A couple other things I liked about your map were the interest system and the custom attack and armor types. Now, to the negative things. Your terrain wasn't very good. I suggest more tile variation. Also, although I commend you for the amount of waves you have made, it gets somewhat boring after awhile. I haven't found any bugs, but then again, I haven't played your game too much.
All in all, I like your game, but it can be improved.
3/5

Level 30
The game is quite enjoying. But you said there is AI? But no..... oh.... there is! For Empty slots. BTW, lets get to the topic. The gameplay is nice. Wave of monsters will attack you... nice gameplay. The terrain however is quite bad. It is not flat but is empty. I can only see trees and maybe less doodads. You can improve that by filing it up a lot more and give forest feeling into it. Add Waterfalls, more scattered trees, and add some magical beings to make it like magical. Overall, I dont really base my review on just terrain and thiss map is quite nice so 3/5! Dont stop on updating and hoping for more versions! +2 REP!

Level 10
So me and a few friends decided to give this game a try and it was entertaining for the most part (I should note that I played as the architect and had 3 friends playing various heroes). That said, there are numerous issues you should attend to.
For one, everybody was complaining about gold. From what my friends said, costs were ridiculous for the income. As the architect, the game started off where I could build a tower every few rounds and escalated to one tower per round by round 62-ish. Which brings me to my second point.
Armour and attack-types don't matter. Everything deals and takes 100% damage. Except towers, which severely suffer from 4x damage. Early game my towers would take the bulk of kills in the game, but nearing the end-game my towers died before they could get a kill. The food-tower-limit is a great idea, but the only way to be powerful late-game is to mass towers (70% of them will die). Really, I think the Architects abilities need boosting.
Along the lines of late game, around wave 62 or 63 my team encountered 3 bugged enemies who held a constant 2 health; they wouldn't die. Kind of ended the game for all of us. But in all reality we shouldn't have made it that far...
The Heart of the Forest has so much health. The enemies were generously damaging it for half the game and it just took the damage. When we encountered the above, everybody agreed that the only reason we survived so long was because it had so much health.
We all agreed the game was enjoyable (up until that game-ending bug), and you just need to iron the game out. If you update it, I'm sure my friends wont be against playing it again.

Level 3
Hi there!! I'd like to say that your map is awesome the terrain is good, the gameplay is unique, the heroes are awesome & the the difficulty I'd say is just right because of the need of a good teamwork overrall I rate your map 4/5 keep up the good work... :)
Also add some screenshots to attract more players & decrease the doodads it may cause lags for some players..

Level 3
Played single player today (the classic mode), issues:
-AI is somewhat stupid, they will not try to retreat when in low health and take cover, instead keep tanking even if they are int heroes
-AI item system, when AI dies and a new round start, item will be dropped at the position of the wisp (since wisp have no inventory and trigger tried to give them item..) Upon revival, the AI have no item since the item is dropped (and yes i can sell it)
-level 60+ monsters sometime having permanent 1 or 2 health, ending the game indirectly since it cannot be killed
-LAGS when at end-game level
-Tooltips, green icons, etc
ex:
skill learning tooltips, 10 level, and the tooltip learn only up to 3 level (1 lv for ultimate)
Give other hero the starting potion (forgot what it is called), green box when you see its inventory