• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Heart of the Land v 1.2

「The Heart of the Land v 1.2」

By Melth

Gameplay
Frenetic, 1-12 player homage to classic arcade games and my favorite chapter of the original WC3 campaign. Use quick thinking, good aim, and careful resource management to outscore your opponents (or beat your own high score) as Cenarius tries to fend off Grom Hellscream’s fel orcs in this endless, shoot ‘em up minigame.

Screenshots

Getting%20Overrun.png

New%20Round.png

Multiplier%20In%20Effect.png

Beat%20Own%20High%20Score.png

Multiplayer%20Wipeout.png

Features

Easy to learn, hard to master!
Streamlined, nimble control interface!
Score multiplier makes strategy critical!
Singleplayer and multiplayer modes call for different tactics!
Multi-round, frantic, arcade-style gameplay!
7 Enemy types and semi-random wave generation keep players on their toes!

Credits

Melth

Changelog

V 1.1
Updated high scores.
Removed waits.
Neatened and streamlined some triggers.
Improved multiboard appearance.

V 1.2

Fixed cameras which a warcraft patch had broken
• Added a tutorial wave in singleplayer

• In multiplayer, powerful enemies will not spawn for a few seconds
• Updated email address to send high scores to and updated high scores
• Reduced the cost of Shockwave spell from 100 to 90

Keywords:
Warcraft, Arcade, Minigame, Mini-game, Cenarius, Grom, Grom Hellscream, Shoot 'em up, Shmup, fantasy, singleplayer, multiplayer, rounds, aim, timing
Contents

The Heart of the Land v 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Rufus
A fun game defenitely, that can be pretty tricky at times. The only thing I could think off: I'd suggest adding a "practice round" perhaps? The first wave is pretty fast paced fro player who have never tried it before. The level that currently is...

M

12:49, 27th Feb 2016
Ardenian: The Heart of the Land offers an arcade-like game for players to hunt for the best score. The concept and mechanics are simple, but entertaining and challenging.

The terrain offers variety and is well-designed. The trees are hiding incoming units, however, making it hard to detect their type. You could think about adding a transparency system or move them a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
Yes,I am

Visuals
The visuals of this map is nothing unique or superior.It's a simple terrain that fits perfectly with the map since it can hide the units that can cause confusion or increase the difficulty.There's not much to say in this regard,the terrain doesn't look bad,even though it's simple,it doesn't hinder the gameplay and it does what it has to.

Gameplay
The concept of the map itself is unique.The player has control over Cenarius and two ancients of protection and must survive against waves of enemies.The map can be quite difficult and I feel there should be a choice of difficulty,which either reduces the enemies or their health.The map offers abundant info and shows the controls in the loading screen as well as at the start of the map which is good.There should be a short time before the waves start at the beginning in order for the player to see what the hero's spells does.

Overall and rating
This map is obviously for faster players who can quickly take in info as well as swap between units while using abilities.The map itself is quite simple yet fun and challenging.The map has no bugs that I encountered in my play.I did not get far though.I give this map a
4/5andvoting for approval!

Last edited:
Level 26
A fun game defenitely, that can be pretty tricky at times.

The only thing I could think off:
I'd suggest adding a "practice round" perhaps? The first wave is pretty fast paced fro player who have never tried it before. The level that currently is level one would fit perfectly as level 2 in my opinion. A slower first level would also give the player time to read Cenarius abilities.
However, you learn fast how it works, so that might not be needed at all.

I love the red dotting of the enemies. It makes them very ewasy to keep track off, even though they might be hiding under trees. A smart feature.
I also really like the terrain, even though not having a grand and mindblowing look, it provided a mellow and clear layout of the game area.

A pretty simple yet entertaining and engaging game, that works as intended.
Approved.

Level 8
I've revisited this game and uploaded a new version since I noticed that one of the recent Warcraft 3 patches had messed up some of the cameras.

Besides fixing the cameras, I also made a few tweaks to implement feedback from Rufus and others, such as including a tutorial wave in singleplayer.