• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The great mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okey, this is my newest terrain. The Great Mine and something around it. I wont yet tell you where this is going to be and what is the purpose of the stuff around the mine.
I hope you like it...

Everything is definetly playable

For more cool terrains -> My PLAYABLE terrains

173034-albums2696-picture23912.png

173034-albums2696-picture23911.png

173034-albums2696-picture23910.png

173034-albums2696-picture23909.png

173034-albums2696-picture22753.png

173034-albums2696-picture22751.png

173034-albums2696-picture22750.png

173034-albums2696-picture22749.png

Last edited:
Level 17
It looks a little flat. As if the ground was man-made. Also, the first screenshot is lacking detail/fog. Oh, and, try to make the tiles a little more random.

Good job otherwise. =D

Level 12
Wow, looks nice, though I personally think the red dog should be thinned some, it seems a bit too much :p

Also nice job with that red glow where the lava is suppose to be

Level 36
Alright then Piwlady.

Your terrain is quite interesting, it has a cave effect and feel that I dont often see in cave terrain maps. And your use of the Moria doodads is nice, I could easily see even more flexible use of them moria "balins tomb" and stairs doodads, for better looking terrain.
But there are some parts of your terrain that stand out, badly.

Firstly, and most obviously, those pink crystals COMPLETELY ruin the overall feel of the terrain, and look nothing but hideous in your terrain, this also slightly applies for those (Outland?) torches that are completely black, give them a bit more color and they would look a lot better. Latly, you have a far to low rate of details on the center of the paths, where you've used tiles, which could be done better.

To sum up what I would do:

- Remove the pink crystals. (or replace them with more fitting ones)
- Tint the black torches.
- Work on the tiles, randomize them more.
- - Work on the empty spots in general, fill them in with small rocks, corpses, ANYTHING; just dont leave any open spots that look odd.
- More detailed ruins, by use of more Moria doodads.

Level 13
I will replace crystals with someother colored ones ( i wont leave 'em because they mine those crystals :D )
Dunno how those (Yes, shamanyouranus's Outland Braziers) torches gone black. But I will check 'em.
I change tiles when i make custom ones. ( and i'd love to know how i can get more than 9 tiles :O )
I will look at those empty areas. But i wont will all because there must be room to fight
( It's going to be in a map )
I see what i can do with those Moria doodads...

Thx a lot :) I will do something to all of this... things tonight :D

Level 36
The crystals still stick out a bit too much, you might want to tint them a bit darker. And I would give up on those damn outland torches, they ARE too dark. Try making your own, like CW did in his Diablo 3 map at some point, or was it that one over at wc3campaigns? Ah well, just change them, appart from that this is really looking like a good playable terrain.

Level 6
This does give me the "mine" feeling really, but it REALLY reminds me of Molten Core from WoW!

Status
Not open for further replies.