• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Re-Inventing terrains: Angels Forgive Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This will be my second go at this style of terraining,
what I do is that I take a old terrain of mine,
and completely re-invent it with my newer style and acuired experience.
The idea is still the same, though hopefully the quality is much better.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Angels Before.jpg
    Angels Before.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Angels Forgive Me.jpg
    Angels Forgive Me.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 304

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Perfectly lovely transylvania-western plaguelands commingle :p

Not but really, I stand exatcly where I did last night - the water could be tinted in a gray manner, but that's really the only concern I have with it.
The farms came out really well, and the tower is far less abundantly distinctive now than it was before.

Level 36
1st one seems way too bright, 2nd one - i like the terrain, but the lighting seems off to me, where are all those random purple/blue lights coming from?

Random? I quite think not. The lights emmitting from the star is mostly because the star itself emmits purple light, the slight glow on the water is to indicate the water's contaminated, or poisoned if you will. While the glow around the Arthas models is simply for good meassure.

Looks a bit empty in the background, but a big difference. And I like what your doing. Has me wondering how your going to re-do a bit newer terrain ;D

That is kind of the point, I do not want the terrain to seem overly stuffed, I want some blank spots. Also, the renovation idea isn't meant for newer terrains, is it? It's all about taking old terrains and re-doing them with present techniques as I pointed out in the top-most post.

- On that note, yes, I would very much prefer if people at least took their time reading what is said in the main post before they start commenting >.>

This will be my second go at this style of terraining,
what I do is that I take a old terrain of mine,
and completely re-invent it with my newer style and acuired experience.
The idea is still the same, though hopefully the quality is much better.

Hope you like it.

the fog on the ground makes it looks weird... cause it's too dense.. but overall the composition is awesome, and the sky is particularly amazing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.