• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hasedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is my corrent project, I might have posted info about this map some time ago, but thats old times. I am totally re-inventing the terrain of the map, and wanted to show you guys what I am doing. Maybe you would even be so kind as to point out certain hints and tips for me :)

The fog you see on the fift terrain will most likely be the final one, though I might still tweek it a bit.

P.S: If anyone didnt get it, this is a playable map.

Attachments

• Hasedo WIP.jpg
    Hasedo WIP.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Hasedo WIP 2.jpg
    Hasedo WIP 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Hasedo WIP 3.jpg
    Hasedo WIP 3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Hasedo WIP 4.jpg
    Hasedo WIP 4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Hasedo WIP 5.jpg
    Hasedo WIP 5.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Level 3
I accually don't know the reason, but first one looks better then other i think. Second is good too. You can add some small decoration, also work with tiles at 3rd and 4th.

Last edited:
1) Good one, no comments.
2) Even better, could use some more details or stuff in the background - maybe some snowy mountains (according to that chinese pagoda like building).
3) A no. It just shows how small your work was in the ground itself. I know it depicts a barren land, but it must have more stuff - currently: too blank/dull.
4) Second no. The ground must be filled with more stuff.
5) Yeah, that is a good one, the best one. I love the trees (where did you get them from? UTM?). Anyway, I hate the part where you make decent terrains and a unit stand there, ruining the landscape. Remove that clumsy archer, damnit. Plus, since it's a forest, you could add some more magical effects, e.g. Glow.

They lack of lighting. Currently, the two of them are good, but all of them need more stuff, which I expected you to add, since you have experience over terraining :I

Level 36
Gawd guys. This is, after all, a playable terrain and not terrain Art >.> Dont expect THAT from playable terrains. And dont ask about the bamboo, I dont know where I got it and you're going to have a pretty damn good reason for getting them from me.

Level 16
No harm done ;)

Thing is, castle's(or city or whatever that straight wall is) ain't usually build next to perfectly straight shores, because the enemies can easily send boats and land units there :E

Not sure how you'd fix that though :D

But yeah, the screenshot looks a bit empty from above, but it may look better from the cam that's going to be used

Level 36
Thing is; that isnt a shore, its a river, with only one bridge to cross, so its a perfectly well placed wall, and its really just a wall, call it a ruin if you like or something. And I might have forgotten to point out that it is all WIP's :p

Status
Not open for further replies.