• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Foggy crag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Is it possible for a playable map? I believe I remember seeing it somewhere, but I tried using a few fog doodads and on top of being inflexible due to its huge selection size when scaled up, lowering the camera will reveal what's underneath it. I tried this several months ago so I'm not sure what the entirety of the problems were.
Could someone, by the way, point me to the fog doodads? I no longer remember which are the ones.

P.S. — It's in a way that doesn't allow you to see the bottom of the terrain. Imagine two cliffs and a bridge connecting it. Under the bridge there's a mass of fog, you can't see the bottom. That's what I'm trying to make.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The link to the unprotected version is severed though.

But bleh~ all it really takes is a slim Z difference -- say, Zstart 1900 and Zend 2500, or something -- and then steep cliffs for it to take effect. You could use the fog models to put emphasis, but really I'd advice against it.

probably the easiest way for this is to use setdaynightmodels darkness + a thick fog. and the alpha tile. and you're set.
i'll attach an example map, minus the fog part. it's just dark and MYSTERIOZ. referring mainly to the final part in the top right corner. just ignore the general bottom right and going up a bit, that was mainly getting used to the technique + experimentation, plus a fuck up at some point with the tile sizes. but yeah

edit, nvm map, it's the campaign i attached. chpt 2 is the map you're looking at

Attachments

• WIP 5.w3n
    940.2 KB · Views: 55

Rui

Rui

Level 41

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Belgarath I checked CHPT2, great terrain. You had to import something to change the fog, right? I don't suppose there's a way to make it in another way other than using Light Environment? Because light doesn't seem to have a JASS function to set it, therefore it is not changeable while in-game and obviously can't be changed for individual players.

Status
Not open for further replies.