• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great Construction (No imports) / MadseN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings !

Long time since i last posted something here, but i finally got some inspiration from the contest that haven't been published yet. So i decided to post a WIP of my contribution so ppl can come with suggestions and so on.

The picture is resembling a left over from a old empire that went underground.

The scene have no import what so ever. only standard wc3 stuff.

/MadseN

Attachments

• The Great Construction2.jpg
    The Great Construction2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 504
Level 34
Not really sure MadseN.

Maybe add some tinted river rushes and remove a few shrubs?

Level 36
At first glance this is awesome, but now I can pick out little details that I don't really like ;)

Anyway, don't add river rushes. They are, well, river rushes... and I don't see any rivers. You might want to tint the shrubs a bit darker though, they are very bright green compared to the bushes and trees.

Level 34
At first glance this is awesome, but now I can pick out little details that I don't really like ;)

Anyway, don't add river rushes. They are, well, river rushes... and I don't see any rivers. You might want to tint the shrubs a bit darker though, they are very bright green compared to the bushes and trees.
They work very well as a grass-like plant. How are they only for rivers? I forgot to mention that you have to change the variation to 3 to remove that ugly cattail.

Level 19
If you look hard i haven't used any "river rushes" :wink:
ye his right river rushes are ugly cuz u need to tint them because they always glow even if u use nighttime
he used shrubbery and bushes and i see u used world tree trunk, but idk what u used for the leaves and i really want to know

Level 36
First I want to say Hi to you MadseN, never really said anything to you or anything, and never had the chance either, really :p Now, what !I! mean, is the following: If I made the terrain I would tint those white arches and other white stuff a bit darker to fit better with the whole terrain, but yet again; I hate contrasts, others like it, so I dont know... And I would also make another Shrub model, only having it at max size like 0.50 and min size 0.25 and sett it at the very edge of the road, to make that little extra grass feel, or something :p Anyways, its looking nice nevertheless ^^

Level 10
The broken gate things on the ground in the foreground is annoying. And yeah I think the shrubs would be better if they we're tinted a bit darker. But it's pretty cool anyway. I love your other terrains ;P

well welcome back (maybe?) Madsen... ^^

and i have to tell you some of the members.. are trying REALLY hard to reach your level.. as me .. or thedeaththunderxx.. or /Naze... anyway.. we shure need someone of your experiance that could help us.. by giving some good tips..

FamousSpeaker, Void and Gilles.. helped us alot...

_____

now sorry for the randomness of the text above... REALLY NICE TERRAIN!!! really!...

C'mon mad, do a challenge with me :D

I have a fair chance of losing but hell with it, it will be fun

DO IT!!!!:eekani: i beg you to accept :razz:

please ? :sad:

cause than we could have a GOD of terraining BATTLE!!:nw:

and THAT!!! would be AWSOME!!:ugly:

Level 34
Hehe, maybe later, have my hands full here as it is in the military but in a month or two i'm free from military service and maybe then i'll begin terraining again. :wink:

/MadseN
For good? Has it been that long already?

Status
Not open for further replies.