• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The evolution spell button

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
here is my problem:
I need a spell for my unit that upgrade him into a new unit, more powerful unit.
The list of unit it can evolves to must be listed in a kind of Spell Book button. But, the unit must be near of a specific building owned by the same plaeyer who own the unit to see the button. Ill give you some example if you dont understand ;) :
The basic unit is the Brave and it can evolves into many unit like these one:
Archer;
Warrior;
Firewarrior;
Spy;
Dog Master;
Crossbowman.
the brave must be near a Archer training hut to be able to evolves into Archer;
The Brave must be near a Warrior training hut to be able to evolves into Warrior.
If the brave is near an Archer training hut, the button to evolves into Archer will appear in the list
If the brave is near a Warrior training hut, the button to evolves into Warrior will appear in the list
If the brave is near an Archer training hut AND a Warrior training hut, the button to evolves into Archer AND button to evolves into Warrior will appear in the list.
If the brave isnt near a building, the list button will still be there, but no button will be in.
If a brave is near a building, it doesnt mean that ALL brave will have the button in their list.
Oh, last thing, is it possible to have an upgrade time please?

i think that's all...
thanks to answer me ;)

Level 33
What do you mean by "upgrade time" ?
Period for how long the upgrade lasts ?
Go to Upgrades Tab -> Look for any Upgrades -> In the field, look for "Stats - Time Base" -> This is the initial time for the Upgrade, this is for Upgrade #1 -> For "Stats - Time Increment", this is for this value to be added with initial value and be the period of the upgrading time

So, let's say you have Archer Upgrade
Stats - Time Base: 5
Stats - Time Increment: 5
For the first upgrade, you will need to wait for 5 seconds for the upgrade to complete
Next will be 10s, 15s, 20s, and so on

Level 5
create a region near the building(archery training hut) after its built n store it in a variable...
use unit enters region event n add the ability.... n remove the ability when unit leaves.....
after the unit uses the ability start a timer for upgrade time......

Level 33
You can trigger it by using this:
  • Upgrading Unit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Job: Dog Master
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace The Brave with a Dog Master using The new unit's max life and mana
I was talking about this

You don't even need Timer, seriously
Just link the Ability, with an Upgrade, wala !

Level 14
I think you dont understand
You can build as many building as you want.
i dont think i can use a region :S

could you explain what you mean with You can build as many buildings as you want?
Since you haven't told us anything about that before...

I think he did understand, you'll just have to add the upgrade to your unit whenever he enters a region and remove it when he leaves. Then use his trigger to make the transformation work and your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.