• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue With Training Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok so I haven't hopped into modding for 2 weeks now, I will get return to it soon, but I forgot to ask about this problem. I made a new skeleton soldier that becomes available with the Skeletal Mastery upgrade.

I used the original skeleton's same Button Position (X) and Button Position (Y) button on the new skeleton for the training grid.

When the upgrade is researched though, the new skeleton's button will appear depending on what spaces are available starting from the button left instead of replacing the original skeleton's button.

Why is this happening?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why is this happening?
The game automatically tries to find a free command card button slot for the button because the one it is intended to go in is occupied. This may not always be the same and potentially can replace other buttons depending on internal ordering.

The solution is to assign it a free command card button slot that is always free.

Status
Not open for further replies.