• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dungeon

1. Intro
I am making a Dungeon Crawler. It will be playable by up to 4 players CO-OP.

2. Features

Advanced inventory
Aside from being a fullscreen interface, the inventory brings something Warcraft never saw before. It brings the ability to equip old stuff like Headgear, Armour and Weapons, along with new stuff, such as Boots, Gloves and Pants.
attachment.php

Although the design is quite basic at the moment, it is fully MPI for 4 players.
Items are represented by units, allowing for more options while positioning them in a map.

Custom combat system
Not a single thing was kept from the original Warcraft. Custom abilities are used to attack. Ranged combat features its own Missile system with Arcs and more. You can attack while Unarmed, while you have a Melee weapon and while you have a Ranged weapon, and each attack is different.

Custom stats
There are 5 stats: Constitution, Endurance, Dexterity, Focus and Spellcraft. Each affects you in a specific way, which further requires you to max at least 2 to 3 stats instead of 1.

Jump system
Most advanced jump system created for Warcraft.

Much more to come...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know this is not much at the moment, but I will appreciate any help with this. Aside from occasional brainstorming with a friend, I am a one-man-team for making the map, ideas, modeling, texturing, making the script, object data and terrain. So, once again, any help or support is appreciated.

I am looking for an all-around partner to work with. Please, answer here if you are at least mildly interested :)

Download Link

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Level 9
Looks nice, but the jump is a little overpowered.

And the inventory is a little bit confusing.
I like the idea of text based because i never seen it before, but it would also be nice with an icon for the items.

About the atrack system, I like the effects and how you are able to use ranged and meleed attack. But I dislike you need to press a button to attack. That can really be annoying if you are surronded by a group of enemies.

Why not use a dummy autocast spell to trigger the attack?

It can also be hard to pick up items. I dont know what you have done with the selection settings. But it feels a little bit odd.
But overall it look really good, and Im sure, when you adjust and improve alle the system, this will turn out really good, and will add an exiting gameplay :)

Thank you for the reply :)
I will remember to lower the Jump values :D
I will improve the design of the inventory. For now, I just need it to work correctly :)
Attack system is going to stay the way it is, one click = one attack :)
Items aren't actually items. They are units. Although picking them up is different, it allows me to do stuff that Warcraft hasn't yet seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.