• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Disaster Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
In AD 2XXX, mankind found a new planet where life exists the same as Earth did... except that there is no sign of intelligent beings. Many countries fight to conquer this vast piece of land...

The Disaster Frontier (TDF) will be a builder-style map where you get to choose many different countries and fight it out to conquer the newly found land. Each player will start at random places decided by the country they want to start at.

Gameplay
At the start, there will be 2 modes:

1. Alien invasion

Description: Kill the alien in the middle of the map (the alien will be very high tech - watch out!) with all other players. Everyone must co-operate to make this work.

2. PvP

Description: Normal builder game. Winning condition is to win as allies or kill off everyone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There will be farms (territories) that players must attack to gain gold and lumber. Income (lumber&gold) will be given to players every 60 seconds. Income is determined from the number of farms (territories) that each player has. Farms can be upgraded to increase income.

Also, players can advance through Ages to research new technologies and conquer other players.

Germany have the urgent need to conquer this planet to allow future expansion. They ressurected Adolf Hitler from the dead and use his evil, wicked means to conquer this land.

Starting location: Island 2 (island of volcanoes)

Hero: Adolf Hitler

Skills:

1. Aryan race

Hitler believed that germans were part of the Aryan race (Ubermensch) and they were the superior race.

All nearby German troops get +10% attack and attack speed. +5% more every level.

2. Summon SA

Hitler had a private army called SA (Sturmabteilung) that did his bidding and exterminated his opponents.

Summons 2 SA to his side. +1 SA summoned every level.

3. Propoganda

Hitler used excessive propoganda during the WW2 period to increase his power in Germany.

All nearby German troops get +5% hp. +2.5% every level.

4. (ultimate) Holocaust

Hitler carried out the Holocaust (final solution), which took more than 6million lives.

Summons a giant box in front of Hitler for 15 seconds. The box (about 5 troop wide and long) will continuously spew out poisonous gases that poisons, slows and decrease attack and defense. +5 sec every level.

Russia have vast amounts of resourses, vast amounts of human resourses but no technological advancements. They came to this planet to get technology to improve their lives. Therefore, they ressurected Josef Stalin to conquer and destroy all other oppositions.

Starting location: Island 3 (island of ice)

Hero: Josef Stalin

Skills:

1. Communism

Stalin turned Russia into a communist country in WW2 and gave the residents hopes about better life.

Gets gold back from every troop that died within the spell casting time (30 sec). +15 sec for every level.

2. Propoganda

Stalin used excessive propoganda to spread his messenges across and brainwash citizens to believe in him.

All nearby russian troops gets +5% hp. +2.5% every level.

3.Collectivised farming

Stalin forced citizens to improve farming methods and by collectivisation.

Allows Stalin to produce food (10 food). +10 food every level.

4. (ultimate) 5-year plan

Stalin initiated the 5-year plan to speed up the industrialisation of the Soviet Union.

Decreases build time, research time and troop build time by 15% for 5 minutes. +5 minutes every level.

Ages:

Castle Age
Industrial Age
Chemical Age
Modern Age
Space Age

Trees will be undestructable to conserve the beauty of the terrain. There will only be imports for units and such.
There will be 5 main islands.

This project is planned to be finished in a week.

Map progress&some screenies

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT: 2 more screenies for your eyecandy.
.... And many more to come!

ADDTIONAL: Currently finding people to help me in making this map! Interested, please pm me or write it here.

Attachments

• terrains3.png
    terrains3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,875
  • nuclear-explosion1.png
    nuclear-explosion1.png
    154 KB · Views: 1,786
  • loadingscreen.png
    loadingscreen.png
    905 KB · Views: 1,845
  • terrains6.png
    terrains6.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,411
  • terrains7.png
    terrains7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,630
  • %done.png
    %done.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,811
  • terrains8.png
    terrains8.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,741
  • terrains9.png
    terrains9.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,672
Last edited:
Level 9
This is the Idea thread project,right?Im glad you agreed with me :)
And,as a fellow builder-maker,I wish you all the best.The terrain is beastly awesome :)

Level 9
I would suggest not to add any more of the 'XYZ leader revived' for the other nations.
What other nations are you planning to implement?

Level 9
I meant,like you used Hitler and Stalin

Oh, I want to make it more epic. Well, if they can fin a habitable island and can use space travel to reach there, why not revive their countries' 'greatest' leaders to help them conquer this piece of land? =)

Maker, I do not want a laggy, big, crap builder map. unless you can suggest a small sized tree model which looks good for meh =)

Status
Not open for further replies.