• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] The Black Shard by redscores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Map Name: The Black Shard
Map Type: Aeon of Strife/MOBA
Player Number: 10 Player (2 NPC Players)
Format: 5 vs 5

Tileset: Sunken Ruins w/ Others mixed

Features:

-Interesting, conceptual heroes with triggered/jassed abilities

-Random catastrophes (with random effects)

-Ebb and tide system with different paths opening up/disappearing

-Black Shards: A custom currency, that can be earned by killing elite creeps or heroes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The God of Tides and Madness, U’lthun is the shadow that looms beneath the tides.
Always watching this cursed shard of an island in the vastness of the ocean.
The Curse of the Mad God is upon this land, violent natural disasters wreak havoc upon these lonely islands and bring hell to all those who dare to enter this hellish landscape.
The races of this world bring challengers to these islands to pacify the Mad God by fighting an sacred fight with two factions.
Every victim of this challenge is in the name of U’lthun and will be dragged into darkness.
Two teams, only one can win and the defeated shall be a feast for the dread below the waves.
One of the groups will be sent by the great one himself, foul beasts of the depths, mad cultists and abominations that dwell at coasts march under his command and fight for his greatness.
The other group is made up of an ragtag group of the most capable fighters of this world, called upon to pacify the god and renew the time of peace until the great U’lthun awakens again.

273061-6e2e4440a661c23bebeb2f2398e34b9b.jpg

273059-c5ea61b9ba44f2d85bc356192bf4008a.jpg
273058-d2b4724b71af6cc2e7a3439daa6a9416.jpg

273062-265ffebe8d438816c9e584d8cbeea6e3.jpg
273060-e99a94ff8a9355dd6b687e8e6337587a.jpg

If you want further insight into this project, you may check out my google drive document that contains the concept of the map.

All models and pictures used in the concept will later be credited to their original maker.

Here is the link to the concept: Concept of The Black Shard

Current State
  • Terrain - 95%
  • Concept - 80%
  • Heroes - 5%
  • Items - 0%
  • Base System - 25%
  • Disasters - 0%

I am always looking for help. If you want to help, message me on Hiveworkshop.

NOTE: Terrain Screenshots added

Last edited:
Level 21
UPDATE: I am currently progressing with the base triggers in this map (vJASS systems and initialization triggers)

Completed:
  • hero selection works and is pretty much done
  • terrain is pretty much done (maybe some highlights are still needed) <--- will soon post new pictures.
  • minion pathing system for minion waves is pretty much done
I am currently working on the heroes and their systems/vJASS spells.

If someone is interested in joining and wants to assist me on the vJASS spells and systems, please post here or PM me ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.